Yaabaa Bow!

Waynio

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

New bike, got it mid last week, couldnt really be bothered getting pictures when it was new it was too much like hard work, i would rather go out and ride it, and take pictures of it when i can. shes only a week old. just trying front freewheel at the moment. which is interesting.

any comments welcome.

yes some people will like it and some will hate it (with it being different anall) i dont particularly mind the colour of the frame either, the gunmetal silver colour seems to be coming in ;) its the same gunmetal type colour that is on the new XTP. the 2 greens are kool too.

so what ever floats you boat, but as no-one in england will have one bar me, i thought i would share my welath with you.

Yaabaa Bow

Wheelbase: 1075mm

Back end: 385mm

Headangle: 71.5 (i think)

B/B Rise: +30mm.

Note: the bottom bracket rise makes the bike feel like your riding a mod, with sidehopping and pulling up into things it just feels like a mod bike (but with bigger wheels). For someone who wants to rip up the street BUT still be able to have a nice competition bike (and isnt too bothered aobut having "no" seat) would be a good option. Specially with the price tag being a mere £245 :o :o how does that compare to the Echo/Zoo prices of late??? i dont buy frames nower days so im totally out of touch on the orces and stuff :S

Waynio.............................

Edited by Waynio
  • Like 1

I don't usually comment on peoples bikes but I've gotta say, I do like the look of that, alot. It's good to see that the rear end isn't too short either. The colours aren't exactly perfectly matched, but bullox to the colours, all the parts look dialled!

Edit: I bet some part of you wishes you were getting the new Belaey, hmm, just noticed the pedals :P

hehe

had to edit the post cos one of the pictures wasnt the same size as the others :S at least i know how to upload pictures into threads now though :P theres a first ime for everything :)lol!!!

Waynio....................

Cheers Raub (Y) its rides as wikid as it looks (IMO)

Rear brake is amazing. (rear bake slip/roll is all in the mind, set your brake up with a decent set of pads and you will be reyt) some nice grabby heatsink pads usually do the trik, am quite into the heatsink reds in the CNC'd backings once i have time to change.have got a couple of sets of proto pads to use too. but the brake holds and stuff and does feel great. the frame flexes if you stand there like an idiot squeezing it trying to snap the lever off (Y) just need to put my heatsink booster on too. again didnt do it as i didnt have my parts @ the time of arrival of the bike. and been so chaotic last week and weekend etc.

Rims are exactly the same apart from them being "illuminous" just to give you an idea the one in the picture has 2 MAHOOSIVE flat spots in it in what i did at the demo in fort william. but its the 1st one i have actually pringled and it was doing that HUGE drop.

its hard to get the exact colour co-ordination but the thing i went for most was "it being different" who in their right mind would run pink grips on a green bike? or illuminous green rims which clash with the flat green? i just wanted a change and wanted to make it look a bit "retro" and different.dont like the "same" shit over and over again it bores me.

if anyone sees me @a comp or on a ride just ask for a go on it, or just pick it up and have a go.

im truely amazed at how they have got 26" bikes riding similar to 20" (its more the geometry thing rather than the weight. that bike weighs about 25lb which is ok, but it rides literally like a 20odd lb mod) purely down to frame tubing and geometry

Waynio...........................

i hate looking down :S os you can see right through to the tyre. cos it dunt have a seat tube. its funny. and i love it.

cheers for the comments guys. ye the geo is nice for me snappel even though im quite a "short ASS!" ould still be ok for someone upto id say around 5ft 11. 6ft and over and you need a big boys bike :P (well maybe)

Waynio.....................

My guess is it's gonna break near bb but oh well... who knows, you are the one to check it waynio!:D

IT got really nice geo imo. Almost the one I'd want. Bike looks horrible though.

Maybe come to Poland so I could have a go on it??:D Plus you would see some nice shit goin on from polish wicked riders:D

I'm goin back to drink some more alcohol, i'm deffo to drunk for writtin on forum:)

love you :*

There was a comparison of the old and new rims on OTN, and the new ones have slightly smaller drillings and better sidewalls, apparently?

Looks cool 'cept for the rims, pretty much. The frame looks good especially.

im sure thats the MOD rims ;) Mark (cos iv looked at my old pair of wheels and new pair and the holes are same size) and the rim is the same stuff different colour

the stock aint changed.

alext im only 5ft 7. if that :P

i wouldnt have thought it would break at b/b. iv got a feeling where it "WOULD" go, but its near to where your saying. go UP the down tube a bit. but it has mega gusset plate where the seat tube is missing from (Y) so they have beefed it up there.

anyway who cares about it breaking??? i havent broken a frame in 2 years JUST for the record. why do you think i am so happy??? :)

Waynio........................

Very nice bike :) looks lush.

Now, about these green rims. I don't see a problem. I've ordered some yellow ones, it'll be nice to have a rare part (for about a week) for a chance.

The green does it favours, makes it stand out a lot more.

(Y) Got my vote.

Trust me, it feels +30. deffinatly alot more than my Caisso which was +10. and when i get on Ben Savages XTP VRacing, then that is totally higher.........

Anzo the yellow rims are way kool, iv got a set on my Caisso. they do make the bike stand out alot. its good to have something different like you say. the green rims was the nearest colour to the frame :P

the pictures may not do it +30 justice cos im SH!T @ taking pictures. i may have taken it from a view of above level of the bike. therefore the b/b wont look to have as much rise.

Waynio.........................

haha love the bike wayne you change your bikes more than you change your underpants!!!!

f**king rich coming from you. :lol:

That frame actually looks quite nice. :S From the other pictures i'd seen, it looked really wank, but now, it actually looks quite appealing. :blink:

i knew daves post would have been a piss take simon, but yes it is rich coming from someone who has a different bike each day (Y):)lol!! :lol:

Damon dont need to take spacers out, i have a set position of where my bars are in relation to the front wheel, this keeps my position good for sidehopping bunnyhopping tapping etc etc. and to equate the +30 b/b, after having +10 the stem needed 20mm worth of spacers more (Y) its a way my boss showed me how to set a bike up so it doesnt feel too "different" if i change it alot. (not that i change it as much as i used to) :P

i like to set my steed's up all "similar" so its not a hassel or an ASS when it comes to getting used to them, i hate the excuse "oh its a new bike and im not used to it" id rather say "its a new bike and im too SH!T to ride it right" :P

Waynio.......................