Iolobikes.com Frame 3 - Mikesingleton

Phatmike

Hey guys.

Been sat around all day today waiting for Parcel Force to turn up! They finally decide to arrive at 4:30! :angry:

Was very pleased when they came though. :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

She's beautiful.

1070 Wb

375 Stays

+10mm Bb rise

72 degree head angle

Very stiff built in booster, curved top tube, gussets, ovalised downtube, gussets etc etc. :)

Not much more to it.

Big thanks to Aran @ IOLObikes. Top bloke.

Just shows how brilliantly you can "ride your ideas" :)

Here's the design I originally sent IOLO:

IPB Image

I reckon he's done damn well!

Back riding! Yaaay.

Stunning, where is the cum bucket before I blow my load?

The welding on it seems differant to what im told is ideal for welding, but I could be very wrong indeed, Ideally don't you want to have lots of small 'c' shapes along the weldline as below?

IPB Image

Regardless, that's a really nice design, I like how you've kept it simple yet functional. Those chain stay gusset's add alot to it, and your colour scheme is a breath of fresh air fom these anodized fag bikes.

tis a nice lookin bike there mate mite be my next frame of choice.

i guess its brazed? shame they couldnt be a bit neater but thats bein anal, and trust i know how hard it is to get em sexy lookin! love te choice of colour, tis all damn good!

what forks are they?

craig

tis a nice lookin bike there mate mite be my next frame of choice.

i guess its brazed? shame they couldnt be a bit neater but thats bein anal, and trust i know how hard it is to get em sexy lookin! love te choice of colour, tis all damn good!

what forks are they?

craig

I thought it may have been brazed too, if so I can see how the welds are actually sweet as a nut in terms of strength and such.........

The welding on it seems differant to what im told is ideal for welding, but I could be very wrong indeed, Ideally don't you want to have lots of small 'c' shapes along the weldline as below?

Yeah, I thought similarly but Mr. Singleton assures me:

• They're not.
  • I'm gay.
:P

Nah, I guess it might just be how the paint's gone on them or something, or the fact it's not an alu frame or something? Meh.

Anyway:

MikeSingleton---[]---[bike is the sex ]---[LSA Endowments]--- says:

I reckon i should get a gashton seat on it

MikeSingleton---[]---[bike is the sex ]---[LSA Endowments]--- says:

hahahahah

post-91-1148342298_thumb.jpg

yeah figured it, its because it is fillet brazed which does naturally form the curved sections between the tubes which look like welds. thought they look a bit rough in comparison to some frames ive seen fillet welded, but htats becasue the majority of them had the braze filled smooth!!! had a quick gander at some curtis and you'll see the brazes are the same quality. awesome frames mate, starting at 260 is silly cheap but i'd so have to rinse the options list!!!

love those hifi's in battleship grey look sexy

craig

aah! I'm turning towards steel bikes. Somebody order a mod so I can look at it.

actually, I'm sorely tempted to put an order in for a bmx with extra grinding reinforcements cos I think I've hurt the one Joe sold me.

anyway, a fine job mr Iolo and I hope mike enjoys his shiny new bike

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!

ohh yes..

nice bike mike !

glad u love it !

i do,, i want it now ! dam you

x

iolo.

Do you say that to all the customer... :P

I like it Mike, but mine is better :-

My frame came through the post this morning so i'm gonna build her after brekkie.

wooo

really glad people like it !

yes it is fillet brazed.

and no it isnt supposed to look like lots of tiny little c shapes

like the bit of TIG welded Ti frame some1 showed.

and people are sooo right the colour looks amazing ! :o

also the weld is V strong because there is a similar weld but only about 3mm wide on the INSIDE of each joint.

the joint is done first with a slightly higher heat, creating an internal weld, then the weld u can see is done on a very slightly lower heat.

also alot of the strength of a basic Tube-Tube joint is in how well the tube fits the next. gaps cause weaknesses.

so i make sure EVERY tube fits every tube BANG ON, if there is a gap, the tube goes in the scrap bin,

and i go for it again.

glad people like it anyway. :)

iolo.