The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

Best episode of the series!

I was expecting some typical Top Gear mis-hap with that Ferrari, like them bumping it into a tree or something! Was suprised to see Chris Evans letting them drive it in that weather!

I really want to go rallycross racing now :)

continued here: http://www.trials-fo...op-gear-201213/

• 9 months later...

Can't wait for the pagani huyaura test. It's gonna be awesome. I'm one of the lucky few thats heard a zonda at full tilt, and I kid you not, it was spine tingling.

Here you go, personally I find this chap a lot more interesting than the Top Gear guys who tend to talk a load of nonsense.

@greetings, Chris Harris used to be a writer for EVO magazine, of which I am a subscriber. His last car was a 911 GT3RS 4.0 which he bought with his own money. Clarkson drives a CLK63 AMG black series. Think after all the years I've been reading mags and endless hours watching top gear, Harris is is the more serious writer, but Clarkson if definetly more entertaining. One thing I will say about the new pagani, its lost a lot of noise, its all turbo whoosh and whistle. Perhaps the Mercedes engine has lost a little character and sounds a lot less brutal than it did before. It does look amazing though, and looks rather difficult to drive quick, despite what he says. But then he is a professional journo

@greetings, Chris Harris used to be a writer for EVO magazine, of which I am a subscriber. His last car was a 911 GT3RS 4.0 which he bought with his own money. Clarkson drives a CLK63 AMG black series. Think after all the years I've been reading mags and endless hours watching top gear, Harris is is the more serious writer, but Clarkson if definetly more entertaining. One thing I will say about the new pagani, its lost a lot of noise, its all turbo whoosh and whistle. Perhaps the Mercedes engine has lost a little character and sounds a lot less brutal than it did before. It does look amazing though, and looks rather difficult to drive quick, despite what he says. But then he is a professional journo

I'm well aware of that, did some research on Chris a while back because I was wondering how he could afford a car like that, being just a journalist for a Youtube channel. Turned out he was more than that. I like Top Gear a lot, but with the time it was off air, I was forced to find some different sources for automotive entertainment and started to see certain flaws in Top Gear (well, mostly in JC and occasionally Hammond). They tweak too many facts to their advantage just make a point. One of the frequently mentioned dumb facts is that german manufacturers limit their cars to 155mph because "that's the limit of what various components can take". There are many more, can't remember now.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I've been drinking.

• 2 weeks later...

Info! Info has arisen! (From wikipedia). Doesn't need saying really, but this contains spoilers.

The January 2013 edition of Top Gear magazine reported that Series 19 will return on 27 January 2013. It included a preview of the series, which will feature:

An Africa special which will see the boys drive used estate cars they bought online for £1,500 (BMW 5 Series Touring, a Volvo 850 T5-R, and a Subaru WRX).
A USA special coming which will feature the SRT Viper, Lexus LFA, and an Aston Martin Vanquish.
Jeremy commissions students taking Coventry University automotive design to make him a car that's even smaller than the Peel P50 he drove a few years ago.
James attempts to turn a Bentley Continental GT into a rally car
A Road Trip: Shelby Mustang GT500 versus a train
The boys redesign a Fiat Multipla to make it into the ultimate car for old people
Car rugby with Kia Cee'ds
Road tests of the Toyota GT86, Pagani Huayra, Ferrari F12, Lotus Exige V6 S and a hot hatch battle (Ford Focus ST, Renault Megane RenaultSport Cup 265, and Vauxhall Astra VXR).

Edited by Muel