Remember When?

Al_Fel

Might have a few more. Remember when:

Shimano 2 pawl, single spring freewheels were the best trials freewheels around.

You welded your 19" rim when the sidewalls got too thin and started to split.

Monty used a strange 1 1/4" headset which posed huge compatibility issues with anything else on the market.

Riders actually sat on their seats when riding between obstacles, some of the plastic trials specific ones would break during vigorous pedaling and turn the seat post into an anal probe.

Can't think of any more.

Sub 19lbs cresent illinois stock! Red, white and blue team m.a.d x-torts that made a glorious pinging sound when a stone shot up off your tyre! Tioga cube stems, azonic double walls ;) blue wall schwalbe space tyres, Rob warner cage pedals, michelin comp 16's, azonic cnc shorty stems. Away from trials there was the Brooklyn Machine Works TMX! Giant atx 1, azonic ds1, marzocchi jr T, mr T and monster T forks, the insane (at the time!) hope dh4 disc brake, shimano xt 4 pot brake, hope big 'un hubs and the intense M1.

The tongue bros debut in mbuk.jumping across a canal lock and riding that rock face the martyins rode in dirt.

After watching chainspotting did anyone consider porthcawl to be of more significance than the wailing wall? mecca was in the west!

Speaking of mbuk, wtf. I was in hospital all last month and someone kindly bought me a copy.............the only trials related bit was director of danny macs industrial revolutions being interviewed, no hip hop, nothing! not even trials parts or bikes advertised, its that tartys doing?

The tongue bros debut in mbuk.jumping across a canal lock and riding that rock face the martyins rode in dirt.

After watching chainspotting did anyone consider porthcawl to be of more significance than the wailing wall? mecca was in the west!

Speaking of mbuk, wtf. I was in hospital all last month and someone kindly bought me a copy.............the only trials related bit was director of danny macs industrial revolutions being interviewed, no hip hop, nothing! not even trials parts or bikes advertised, its that tartys doing?

It was Getta Grip....yeah MBUK has gone right off recently, they used to have a column by Martyn Ashton but that's gone...seems that Freeride/dirt is the way forward!

Tricks and stunts vcr played over and over to learn to blunt and bunny hop ...

wanting kona p2 forks or whever they were called..

crud catchers

wanting a d521 with LX hubs for christmas

oh god...

i have a picture from when i was 12 on my ddg shooter with enough colours on it to show up a rainbow

....when Kona had desireable branding circa 98 with the berries and stuff (cant even find a pic!)

And Hope for that matter!

hopeTechnologyLogo.gif

crud catchers

You can still buy them :giggle:

If you wanna go old school crud products see Cog Hog and Crud Claw

Mbuk watch straps in ashtons yellow and blue colors

Remember when they gace away MBUK socks and neck warmer things every other month?.....Oh, wait.... :giggle:

Edited by kaybs41282

Its been posted before but the DCD!! What a piece of kit! The MRP with the orange rollers in a time before all this I.S.C.G stuff! The DMR 22t ring thing for 3 piece bmx cranks!

Also thinkin about the older videos. Sprung 3 & sprung 4 were immense!

Tricks and stunts, bi-king, evolve, down, double down, chainspotting, dirty deeds and psycho speeds.