Remember When?

Al_Fel

I remember when I saw the first koxx

IPB Image

that was the first frame to be as low as that, I always wondered why companies always made their frames so big, so the koxx was pretty cool. it was also the first long frame I had seen, I had a go on one in bradford (1065) and I thought it was aweful cos it was so long!!

some more cool pics

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

kennys bike...2001 ^^

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Those pics bring back some memories!

I remember being at the Worlds when Dani Comas turned up with the first ever dual disc Megamo. It was the only red 20" Megamo there!!

Tibo on his diamond back at bike that year, he was beasting everything to front wheel!

Nelson Reis was mental, going for silly ups an gaps. Pretty sure he got deported from the USA soon after then!!

So many more memories.

And yeah old skool is not the first Echo or Zoo, its back in the day. Way back, when only DH'ers used discs. Before Magura came out with the Gustav-M. Back when you could ride a modified XC bike for trials.

I think thats Tic on the left? not sure about the lad on the right.

Its deffinately not me! :P
The lad on the right is actually me :)

Does Tic still ride?

Yes I do still ride. Full time work makes it hard to get out as much as I used to and I lack the motivation to ride trials but Im not getting rid of my Megamo anywhen soon. I remember meeting you in London and at the UK round of the worlds a couple of years ago. Sanitary towels as padding in a piss pot helmet, you crazy Russian :lol:

Watching the BBC trials documentary on the TV years before I knew what trials was (Maybe even before I got into 'proper' MTBing) and dreaming I could ride a bike like that one day.

Under Pressure on TV, an unknown Scottish lad called Dave Marshal wins! Sorry Dave, someone had to mention it :-

Under Pressure on TV, an unknown Scottish lad called Dave Marshal wins! Sorry Dave, someone had to mention it :-

Under Pressure... awesome :D ! I remember watching that once, at a mates house, and thinking 'f**k :blink: '. That was even before i got into biking, in general, nevermind trials!

I also remember counting the days until the release of next months issue of MBUK :lol: . Then, showing the 'Wades Cycles' ad's to my old maths teacher and him noticing the half naked bird's and exclaiming "Ooooh, that's a nice bike. I'd like a go on that!". He's now actually serving a prison sentence for 15 cases of indecent assault on minor's :mellow: .

Cheers,

Joe.

Ah, under pressure. I must have been about 13 when that show was on :eek: I remember being amazed at seeing Ed Tongue MOVING, as before then I'd only ever seen 'famous' trials riders in pictures (i.e MBUK lol).

So many years on and after my break from riding I'm worse than I was then rofl.. :

Lol, ah thems were the days!! MBUK wound me up so bad when the issue with it in came out and I was mentioned once with no riding pics at all... It was all 'Chris Ackrigg this... Ed Tongue that...'! I also remember being a bit $hitty to Chris Ratcliff at a National the next year as well regarding MBUK not taking pictures of 20" trials... Sorry Chris!!

IPB Image

Dave ^_^

-Watching the Megamo team do a demo in Halfords car park.

-Seeing Marc Caisso at the bikeshow on a megamo when he was world champion.

-When Kurt Brain was riding an echo (es2?) at the bikeshow and then they sold out in and hour or something.

-Trials-Punks

-Trials-kings

-Trialsworks

-Tricks and Stunts

-Revolution and the other 2 Reed Merschat films.

Many more things I could list, but just a few things that spring to mind.

I also remember being a bit $hitty to Chris Ratcliff at a National the next year as well regarding MBUK not taking pictures of 20" trials... Sorry Chris!!

Hehehe, everyone was or has been Dave, don't worry about it. Heck, I've even had the same coversation with MBUK....

-When Kurt Brain was riding an echo (es2?) at the bikeshow and then they sold out in and hour or something.

-Revolution and the other 2 Reed Merschat films.

Speaking of Reed Merschat films, at Bike 2000 - the one with the Speed Trials - he started selling Evolve on the Chilli stand a few months after the release in the US. Suffice to say, anticipation was high. They sold out after a day and a half, went back to get more stock, and over three days sold twice what they had in about six months in the US.

Didn't help I was hyping it in HipHop after Reed sent me a copy after the US launch. I think I even sent it to the show organiser to convince them to get Ryan Leech over.

-Trials-Punks

-Trials-kings

-Trialsworks

I know it's come up once, but it's sad Section7 doesn't get more mentions. That said, it's also sad that it's shuffled off the Internet and no-one has really come along doing good event reports, news items, and interviews...

i remember when DGR Combat was like WWWWOOOOOOOAAAAHHHHHHHH i used to just stare at pictures of that bike for hours on supercycles lol

A DGR? read your post back next time. :)

Anyhow, how old is 'old skool'?

I started at the end of 1999. Seems a long time ago but i know some of you are 30 odd now?

does that matey pete wright still operate on here the one who just loved to blag?

Yeah he does.

The one who claims he slapped me round the face at a show we were both at because he hates me and i'm dick, when i've never even met the guy :S . Hope your reading this, Pete, you bell... ^_^

Cheers,

Joe.

• 2 weeks later...