R.i.p. Ricky Dace

plainlazy84

I just found out that on Saturday long time Trials rider and general all round top bloke Ricky Dace passed away aged just 22. Whilst I'm not 100% sure of the cause I have been told that he suffered a heart attack, which obviously as a (seemingly) fit and healthy 22 year old is completely out of the blue. (edit- it was not a heart attack, he died suddenly in his sleep)

I didn't even know that Trials existed until I saw this guy ride in our local town and if it wasnt for him then I know that I wouldnt have ever started Trials all those years ago. He started riding around 1997/98 and he was a very good rider for those days on his truty Azonic DS1. Although he stopped riding around 2000/01 he got back into it a few years ago and I rode with him again in the summer.

It's unlikely that anyone on here would have met or ridden with him as he only really rode in our small town of Cromer, but some of the older members might possiby remember him from photos on my oldest website Davetrials, and there was a picture of him on the logo for a while too.

I really looked up to the guy and when I started out I would have done anything just to be half as good as he was on a bike. I'm sure many of you can relate to a local hero that set it all of for you, and for me he was this guy :(

Apologies for the poor image quality and size. These were all taken from my old website and back then photos had to be scanned in......

post-24-1167915684_thumb.jpg

post-24-1167915703_thumb.jpg

post-24-1167915720_thumb.jpg

R.I.P Ricky

I have fond memories of that site and those pictures bring them all back, so sorry to hear that man!

When I was at college I spent hours on davetrials.com perving on the pics, I had a Raleigh Max back then and could barely backwheel a kirb. I didn't realise that was your site, man I owe most of my enthusiasm for the sport to that site, can't believe I'd forgotten about it, it's a shame it's not still there, should have been paused in time and kept as it was, it was wicked! If you've still got any of the pics from it I'd love to take a trip down memory lane, perhaps it would be appropriate in light of this tragic news?!

Rest in peace, ur inspiration lives on man!

Davey

Sorry to here that :( I used to go on that site alot too, recognised where many of the pictures were. Just looked in your profile and seen that you ride a Planet-X Zedbi. The summer before last i was staying near Cromer and saw you and a guy on an Onza with Raceline Fluro maguras..... This was just as i was starting trials and it really inspired me. Seeing you backwheel those big marble blocks infront of the pier just made my jaw drop.

Back on topic though R.I.P. :(

summer before last i was staying near Cromer and saw you and a guy on an Onza with Raceline Fluro maguras..... This was just as i was starting trials and it really inspired me.

The guy on the onza with raceline fluro maguras was Ricky, that was one of the last times I rode with him :( were you on your bike at the time or were you just watching? Good to hear that quite a few people remember him and his photos from the site. He will be sorely missed by many.

The guy on the onza with raceline fluro maguras was Ricky, that was one of the last times I rode with him :( were you on your bike at the time or were you just watching? Good to hear that quite a few people remember him and his photos from the site. He will be sorely missed by many.

He looked such a healthy and active guy, was really friendly and nice to talk to even though he didn't know me. Such a shame, I'm sure he will be missed by many :( I did have my bike with me that week, but not that evening. If you're ever gonna be in Cromer with your bike give me a PM if you want and i'll try and get a lift there.

R.I.P. Ricky

f**k SAKE!!!!!!!!!! whats the f**king point he was a well quality guy, iv only jus heard about it, i used to ride with him loads and work with him, i dont believe this, i was only with him 2 weeks ago : he was in a car crash or summit and the other victim almost died so he was very distressed and thats what caused the heart attack i think. he was such a good bloke he used to help me out so much... im fukin gutted R.I.P Ricky

Edited by aim@me