Anyone Rock Climb?

Willy

I'm still climbing every now and again but riding has taken over mostly.

I did some outdoor bouldering this year which was awsome. It was more fun been outside on real rocks.

Trying to go once a week again to the indoor wall now its getting to winter time. Maybe twice if the weather stays like it was today (N)

Sam do you actually live in Sheffield still? How can you complain about climbing!?

Besides you're asking the wrong people. www.ukclimbing.co.uk is your best hope. You can ask if people will belay you, climb with you etc. Im president of my Uni's climbing club this year and we're heading up to the peaks the start of Nov... but Im not going to teach you :P

Theres loads of bouldering at Stanage Plantation. Awesome fun there. Just get a bouldering mat and then you can go there yourself!

Sam do you actually live in Sheffield still? How can you complain about climbing!?

Besides you're asking the wrong people. www.ukclimbing.co.uk is your best hope. You can ask if people will belay you, climb with you etc. Im president of my Uni's climbing club this year and we're heading up to the peaks the start of Nov... but Im not going to teach you :P

Theres loads of bouldering at Stanage Plantation. Awesome fun there. Just get a bouldering mat and then you can go there yourself!

we should go climb (well, boulder) sometime :)

this summer i got into climbing, started doing sports routes outdoors with an experienced guy from work. lately moved indoors to start building muscle doing bouldering. things where going well, got myself up to v5. then on last hold went to touch with other hand and feet was wrong so i spun off and landed with my arm locked out and dislocated my elbow. find out tomoro how badly i damaged my ligaments.

post-7696-0-63775400-1318247870_thumb.jp

post-7696-0-06518500-1318248157_thumb.jp

ALI, been along time i since ive seen you but if your wanting to get into bouldering, boulderuk in blackburn is good where i go £6 it is, or theres a big place in preston with a bouldering wall and sports routes. obviously i cant climb but if you want to go ill come as company until i can climb again. i usually went by myself as lads are sound at boulder uk and will talk to you and help you out.

• 4 weeks later...

Been climbing non stop since I started again at the end of September, progressed to 6A indoors (whatever that means, I understand outdoor grading. :P). Last night I lead for the first time! First lead was a 5 which I walked up, having climbed it about 10 times before, (last time I top roped it as a speed climb in under 20 secs). The decided to go for some harder stuff, tried to lead a 6A but had a fall from 4-5 feet above the last clip, (I mean my waist was, feet were only about 18"-2 feet above it), easily the biggest rush I've ever experienced. I intend to fall off a lot more in future. :P

Tried to top rope a 6B+ last week as well, but that just wasn't happening. :lol: Got about 3 quarters of the way up and my fingers gave up.

I have been bouldering a couple of times in the last week, I really enjoy it! I am not amazing, I seem to be around the V4-5 level but I find the grading really hard to understand, I can do a blue route really easily on one wall, but the one next to it I can't even begin to do.

I plan on going more often.

Not been climbing since last Thursday and this makes me INCREDIBLY ANGRY. Determined to get a decent day in tomorrow. Hopefully indoor leading, but if my climbing buddy fails at life, I'll take a noob or two bouldering.

That's some serious power there.

Is that in Llandudno? I think I've been there (couldn't do any of it!).

Was in Wales Monday, Tuesday this week bouldering, Parisella's cave is SIK! lil vid of some problems...

x

I think I'm going to start (indoor) bouldering a bit more now it's winter.

Should probably start going outdoors since I like 5 minutes from Stanage...

That's some serious power there.

Is that in Llandudno? I think I've been there (couldn't do any of it!).

I think I'm going to start (indoor) bouldering a bit more now it's winter.

Should probably start going outdoors since I like 5 minutes from Stanage...

Yea the other two guys are pretty strong, been there a bunch of times since and they've been crushing a load of the problems there (up to v12) and I haven't sent anything since that trip :( defo a place for stronger climbers. Definitely get out to Stanage man! That place is sik, steep traverse there is on my tick list to do by the end of the year :) not to be taken away was until I got there a couple of weeks ago and saw the height of the top out, thing looks a lot lower in videos lol if your in Sheffield I'd recommend the works, place is huge filled with sweet routes (Y)

Happy crushing :)

x