Snow!

JT!

Hahaha went to the famous Boyce Hill Golf Clubs 14th hole!!! lol everyone having massive snow fights!!!! was sooo funny was a group of like 15 25 or so year olds and 3 of us had a snow fight with them and my friend throwed this peach of a snowball and hit one of the girls "toy" dog on the head lol was soooo funny.... genrall sleding random snowball fights - (ok there was 1 propper fight but we ignored that!) hahaha

Cold and Wet and Smiling =D

I went in to college just to find out it was cancelled, lukily I got a lift back home from the 'rents, so I got them drop me of my mates, and carnage ensued. I love Snow like this, proper snow, not like last time, that was average, this was awesome, hope same happens tomorrow...

:D

As a challenge, who rolled the biggest snow ball?

I put my friends and mine effort in at ~ 5' 7"

As reference, the guy standing next to it, is just under 6', the guy on top is 6' exactly.

DSC00015.jpg

Lets see your efforts!

I went in to college just to find out it was cancelled, lukily I got a lift back home from the 'rents, so I got them drop me of my mates, and carnage ensued. I love Snow like this, proper snow, not like last time, that was average, this was awesome, hope same happens tomorrow...

As a challenge, who rolled the biggest snow ball?

I put my friends and mine effort in at ~ 5' 7"

As reference, the guy standing next to it, is just under 6', the guy on top is 6' exactly.

picture of semi big snowball :P

Lets see your efforts!

No photos (cos i didn't want to carry a camera out having snowball fights) but ours was around 6ft 8inch. Miles taller than someone who was 6ft 2inch. Suuuuuccchhh a good day. Apart from 20 asians attacking 2 of the girls we were with with snow while we were in a cafe. Not just throwing snowballs at them but pushing them to the ground and shoving snow their mouths etc. Bastards :( Were all atleast 18/19 aswell.

Edited by rad2themax

Best day EVERR someone had written on the big white board at the beginning of school to register and then go down to bushy park. so pretty much are whole school went down to a massive park near us and had a huuuuuuge snowball fight which by about 2 pm just resulted in an all on all actual fight, my hands and face are bruised...

Edited by Joe_Elding

have to get piccies of ma friend. his mate sent a photo message of him in front of an 8ft high snow man!

highlight of the day was a 7ft snow-penis in the middle of the park. helmet, balls, the lot! oh, and chuckin a snowball at a cctv camera, which i hit, from about 40 yards away, first time. whoop!

smithy

had a few flakes last night, but they did not settle. yay.

also, how come schools/colleges close up whenever it snows over there? seems like it happens every year. can the teachers not be arsed or what?

people "can't" get to the school because the roads are covered in snow, buses and stuff never travel when it snows, so they close.

suppose it's cause we only get snow for 3-4 days in a year so local councils can justify spending money on more snow ploughs and gritters

had a few flakes last night, but they did not settle. yay.

also, how come schools/colleges close up whenever it snows over there? seems like it happens every year. can the teachers not be arsed or what?

mixture of things here.

1) as a country, not used to snow, were not prepared for it.the number of people over the age of about 8 with footwear for walking in snow is very low(not that wet feet would be an excuse for closing schools, but using it as an example. snow chains, people who can drive in snow, snowploughs,the number of gritting wagons owned by the council etc) are all way to low to support a standard living in wintery conditions, and due to the lack of money left by a couple of days snow a year(if that - remembering most motorways clear themselves to a certain extent with the amount of traffic etc) its not economically viable to do so, on the off chance.

2) as a country not used to snow, kids go crazy over it, i mean real crazy.people will walk miles for a big snowball fight, go sledging all day. and skip school to do this stuff, and in school, gettin people to concentrate with snow out the window is nigh on impossible.

3) transport. i live in a rual area, currently theres 3 inches of snow on the road outside my house(main road, 1 lane going either direction). its up a hill, going up or down it is semi dangerous if your not used to driving vehicles in this manner, as half the uk arent. but when you get to smaller roads than mine, there virtually unpassable, certainly knowing my old schools bus routes, there not the kinda roads id wanna attempt in this weather(steep, narrow lanes, with twisty off camber bends). also note in my school, about 80% of teachers lived over 12 miles away. some literally cant get to the school, due to the conditions of their road(teachers seem to have a fetish for secluded cottages in the hills and houses in small, high up villages round my end) others would get there, but much later. meaning children would be without teachers.

4) health and safety, heres the big one. im sure theres a rule saying no more than 32 pupils(or a very similar number) per qualified teacher in the school, and very few teachers just hang round the school on there frees. so if more than 2 or 3 teachers were late, or didnt come in. the school would be breaking the law. without gettin a supply teacher, which no one listens to, so nothings learnt.

also theres the fear that kids go crazy in the snow, my mum works at a school, which was open today, one lads been airlifted to hospital with a suspected broken neck. due to running head first into a snowman for a laugh. yesterday 2 were taken to hospital by a member of staff. after a snowball fight. as people were lobbing stones and bits of tarmac mixed in with the snow.(today snowball fights wer banned at this school)

and thats before all the unreported, cuts, bumps, bruises. and the fact if someone fell over, due to improperly cleared walkways etc, the school would be liable.