Hydro Gyro

F-Stop Junkie

Just seen that ISON are now selling a hydro gyro.

Obviously this could be great for street riders wanting to push their range of tricks, but I think a lot of trials riders could benefit from this...

Discounting the most handiest of riders like Ben Savage, a lot of us have moments where we have to bail out or slip in mud. As a result the bike falls, the bars spin, and a hose gets crimped or pulled out. Bleeding a brake is difficult enough when you're in a warm kitchen, but when you're in a field, it's starting to rain, and you've just put your knee in sheep crap, wouldn't it be good if you could avoid it in the first place?

I think that Monty have the right idea with their system to stop bars spinning in the first place, but if you don't have that, why not get a gyro?

oh wow, very clever - i wonder how it works.

nice find!

JK

Havent these SORT of things been available for a while??? using a almost resevior of water which is pushed out of the oval when you pull the brake and the top section spins and the bottom section doesnt.... but the bottom section doesnt??? i know what i mean!!! lol

Edited by Simpson

Are these the same as the ones in MBUK a few months back?

Yeah i think it is, or it is something similar. The one in mbuk was the one that Chris Smith (i think his name is Chris Smith) was testing wasn't it?

Either way though, learning bar spins with no, or a slammed trials seat will be incredibly hard (i know from bmxing), although for some stuff i can see it coming in usefull.

ooooh a crash test dummy ......

my only worry for a trials bike ( mine at least) is the stack height would put me in abit of a crap position...

24, tis fine for freds (Y)

well ive ordered, but i havnt payed.... lol

my stack hieght at the mo is like 30mm so 24mm plus a 5mm spacer will be fine.

haha fred, sure its not 3 foot high?

:P

Surprised no one's thought of a hose-down-the-headtube solution yet...surely easier, cheaper, and simpler than one of these?

theres no way a hose down the headtube would work, is there??? i just cant see it in my head myself. care to explain, via words or drawings, as im rather intrigued.

That'd work for a front brake..not the back though...

actually been thinkin about it, it is a possibility, and would be lighter etc. if u ran hose down into ur headtube, and in the middle had a kind of universal joint. ( thinking a ball and socket kinda set up, with ports in both ball and socket, so hydraulic fluid cud run through, that could then spin just as freely.

either that or a kind of twin ended piston, that could twist. inside the headtube, would work, be out of the elements and lighter too.

What was wrong with running longer cables !? Alot of bmx riders are ditching their gyros to... When's the last time you did 3 barspins in a row in the same run ? Nice idea, some other companies have done it before though, and I seriously don't see it's practical use, exept if your'e spinning your bars ALLL the time wich won't be the case of trials riders any time soon and isn't for MTB riders to... Just reinforce your cable where it would pinch when spinning and your'e well on your way ;). I personally did it and it worked awsome, though I was riding mtb street, maybe more fluid in the system gives a suckier fealing to the brake...