New Proto Ashton At Last (updated!)

Ali C

hi, pretty tired so gonna keep it short.

Got my bike built today, its the longer proto ashton (1080 wheelbase, 380 chainstays, +20bb, 71.5 head angle)

The graphics arnt final yet, but I REALLY like them as they are!

I have ridden it for 10 mins, its soooo nice!

anyway, heres some (blurry, sorry) pics.

med_gallery_50_200_173533.jpg

med_gallery_50_200_208926.jpg

med_gallery_50_200_140236.jpg

Thanks to Mr Ashton for getting it to me!

Aye aye aye beast!...Looks sexeh!! Is she going to be pimped up ali?

it is pimped!

ti or alloy bolts thoughout, ti bb, ti cogs, carbon hope leverblade, carbon stem (not shown in pics, for comps only), ti pedal axles (when I can find a 9mm socket)

Thanks for the comments though, will try and get some better pics tomorrow.

oh yes those monty bars look fantastic on that bike, you'd think they were made for each other.

The only problem is that disc mount, unless im missing something it looks to be a standard dropout much like on the old limey's which I wouldn't want to be putting a disc on, maybe it's a cost thing where it's cheaper to get them and not bother machining away the disc mount but it could help to shd some weight - get the file out ali (Y) might aswell do it properly if your going to Ti and carbon bits. ;)

Geometry wise, it doesnt look much different to the 06 justice. dont agree with the slacker head-angle, considering its only 1080 wheelbase. Martyn should have kept the head angle at 73 degrees. the white paint job does look a beauty because it makes the geometry and angles more revealling, unlike the black 06. i wonder what the second colour is going to be? Whatever martyn does with the graphics, its gonna look slick anyway. i guess its still made from 7075 alu, instead the newer Full Ultra6 alloy.

• Like 1

The graphics are just mock-ups, as is the colour.

Geometry isn't much different, no, but the BB is around 15mm higher, and obviously the extra wheelbase changes things a lot.

Last year's frames were 7005 (you can't weld 7075) and this prototype is U6. There is another 6061-T6 prototype being tested I believe.

Disc mount was something Martyn asked us to check over, I think I will be recommending the non-disc versions of the dropouts instead.

This is only a prototype frame and is set to be an additional model in the range to the 'standard' Justice (as far as I am aware).

the old frame with a 1050 wheelbase and 73 head angle was one of the longer frames out there reach wise! If it had a 1080 wheelbase and 73 head angle you woul need arms like gorrillas to ride it!

I wanted this geo (as well as gav bedford) as it will help with comps, the slack head angle is loads better for taps and roll downs and the reach is still short enough for it not to be a pain to get on the rear.

the disk mount isnt final, I will advise martyn to either have a beefier one on or non at all.

Glad people are liking it though!

• Like 1