plainlazy84

Can you reccomend any other good warfilms? Appart from the obvious,

FMJ

Jarhead

Top Gun

Three Kings

We Were Soldiers

Platoon

'The Thin Red Line' is my favourite war film. Additionally, I highly recommend the book which I enjoyed even more.

The two new second world war films by Clint Eastwood I also enjoyed. 'Letters from Iwo Jima' and 'Flags of Our Fathers' adopt a vantage point from both sides of the battle for each film respectively.

All three films are very poignant, at least through my eyes. The intent seems to emphasise the effects of war on soldiers rather than war as a thing for action-enjoyment. I prefer them for that because I think war as some sort of glory or cool thing is a bit silly. Not that I don't enjoy watching a 'silly' action war move though :)

Anyone recommend me some commedy films?

I realised my vast collection of films doesn't actually many commedys! Which I found funny, how ironic :rolleyes:

Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels is lots of funny. Others: Parole Officer, Italian Job. can't go wrong with those two either, unless you're American

also: Shaun of the Dead

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz

Blood Diamond 10/10

f**king amazing film, great story to it.

I really like films that are based on true events.

Kidulthood - 9\10

I wanna find it somewhere to rent or buy so that i can watch it again. It's such a good film. A bit f**ked up in places, but overall it does so well in portraying what it was aiming for.

HMV, bout a 10er.

Thats where i got my copy from.

id give it a 9 aswell, really good film

Napoleon Dynamite, seen it a billion and one times but its always a laugh, 10/10.

Green Street - 8/10

The Butterfly Effect - 9/10

Agreed with borat being over-rated. Went to the cinema to see it and it was funny to start with, but second time round its just not funny and very long and drawn out. Also, doing a film and gaining international popularity means that he's had to kill Borat off, which is a shame because his TV serious was brilliant, much better than the film!

Edited by anzo

Borat. Overated and not actually very funny. A mate said the same thing before i rented it and i thought 'yeah right'. But actually there are some funny bits but generally it was boring.

you need to see it in the cinema - naked fat men are a lot funnier when theyre 15 foot high (Y)

i saw oceans 13. i don think ill bother with oceans 14

Battle Royal 2 - 7/10.

Good film, just not as good as the 1st one. Too much coller blowing the throat going on.

Guest House Paradiso - 10/10

anything that comes from bottom is truly hilarious, especially the hook and nutcracker fight in the kitchen!

Apocalypto 10/10

Bloody amazing film directed by Mel Gibson.

Set in the jungle with the natives.

Lots of fighting an violence and abit of like leonardo de crappy pants style hunting like near the end in the film the beach.