Last Movie You Watched

plainlazy84

300 - 4/10.

I was really quite disappointed with this film. I definitely give props to some of it's visual elements; the cgi styling and the slow-mo fighting. It's just so much of the film was really cheesey (to my mind); it tried to be too cool for its own good. I found myself laughing and cringing more than anything else - might have been the weed's fault.

frank miller comic, but the story is pretty much the same.

what rowly said basically. far too overrated.

Totally agree - nowhere near as good as Sin City for a start! The dialogue was shit and the film was probably about half an hour long if you play all the slo-mo at normal speed.

It was ok though 5/10

the da vinci code 8/10

Ive watched it twice and although I know whats going on, I get mixed up with the amount of groups of people that are in it and what they do for a living. Otherwise it would be 9

300 - 4/10.

I was really quite disappointed with this film. I definitely give props to some of it's visual elements; the cgi styling and the slow-mo fighting. It's just so much of the film was really cheesey (to my mind); it tried to be too cool for its own good. I found myself laughing and cringing more than anything else - might have been the weed's fault.

frank miller comic, but the story is pretty much the same.

what rowly said basically. far too overrated.

Totally agree - nowhere near as good as Sin City for a start! The dialogue was shit and the film was probably about half an hour long if you play all the slo-mo at normal speed.

It was ok though 5/10

I initially thought along the same lines, but it's straight from a Frank Millar comic so that's why there's the cheeseyness. If you watch Sin City the dialogue is actually on the same level of cheeseyness, but it's just so damn cool with the black&white, awesome actors and different story lines that it gets overlooked. Agreed that Sin City is better, Rodriquez & Tarantino - come on!

It's just because there's not so much going on in that it's a regular warrior battle movie that the cheeseyness is more recognisable. It's still a good take on warrior type films though.

Perhaps I'm trying to con myself into thinking that the £3.80 I spent to watch it was worth it!

I initially thought along the same lines, but it's straight from a Frank Millar comic so that's why there's the cheeseyness. If you watch Sin City the dialogue is actually on the same level of cheeseyness, but it's just so damn cool with the black&white, awesome actors and different story lines that it gets overlooked. Agreed that Sin City is better, Rodriquez & Tarantino - come on!

It's just because there's not so much going on in that it's a regular warrior battle movie that the cheeseyness is more recognisable. It's still a good take on warrior type films though.

Perhaps I'm trying to con myself into thinking that the £3.80 I spent to watch it was worth it!

I know what you mean. If you think of it terms of a comic it kinda goes some way to 'justifying' the glory and cheese. I think perhaps if I hadn't been stoned I may have felt differently. The thing is, I prefer my stoned perception. I find it more 'acute' relative to my own expectations/ideas of what is/should be - a 'good' and 'bad' thing methinks. This is why books are usually a more enjoyable experience than film, regarding a book which had a film made of it. Basically the book offers a reduced framework for which you place your own peculiarities into the missing bits; less to contradict you! The film is different in the sense that it is somebody else's pecualirities that brings it to its 'completeness'. If you feel aligned to those peculiarities you are more likely to enjoy, perhaps.

I think if you watched any film - or in fact experienced any area of life - without expectations/ideas you would enjoy it. Perhaps being able to discard ideas/expectations for a short time would be a very beneficial thing for films. The question is what would the film become to you without expectation? flowing imagery and sound without connotation? Sorry, I just can't seem to help myself with the philosophy :S

Some of my expectations arose from the trailor which I thought was incredible. I really like the trailor music which I hoped would be in the film. I guess they thought otherwise; the film opera-esque music was more 'befitting' for the time period i suppose?

I think I also projected my political value system onto the film. I didn'r agree with the politics. Silly thing to do especially as it represents a time over two thousand years ago.

I wish I could direct a film >_<

I spent £6.80 raub :(

a beautiful mind 10/10

blood diamond 13/10

bad boys 88/10 it's cool as f**k lol, always has been, always will be!

Labyrinth 10000/10 i grew up on this.

(i got a jennifer connolly theme going at the moment!! She's only 14 in Labyrinth, but in the other 3, she is as fit as a butchers dog. Love her films.)

*PLEASE WATCH BLOOD DIAMOND*

right i try to go and see a quiet movie with some friends i get in there and f**king joe mahers in there! wtf who goes to see a sillly thing about blokes on ice skates at 10.20? nutter! any way 5/10 blades of glory?

right i try to go and see a quiet movie with some friends i get in there and f**king joe mahers in there! wtf who goes to see a sillly thing about blokes on ice skates at 10.20? nutter! any way 5/10 blades of glory?

LOL

i go to see blades of glory, and this fag, michael simpson is in there..throwing things at me :( i cried