New Product From Echo, Cnc Rim Brake

AdamR28

It's actually £135 a little less than expected , if you add up everything your getting you can sort of understand it though (Y)

How you work out they are worth it. Its just a cnc version really. Yeah may be they will be stronger but, maggies arnt that bad and if you did break your maggie you can just buy another and it come to same as one dengura. People who buy these are only really buying them to say they have ones because a maggie correctly set up with good set of pads can be amazing and is half the price.

people pay that much for hope disks, this like a hope magura, lovley cnc machined and great performance.

I LOVE vees, but theres no harm in trying somthing different, I would NEVER use a maggie though, an xc brake slightly modded to suit our needs isnt anywhere near as good as a brake specially designed for trials.

How you work out they are worth it. Its just a cnc version really.

yes it is.

but i can think of many reasons why thats a HUGE amount better !!

-no more snapping lever blades

-no more stripping threads from bleed holes and hose fitting holes

-i think due to better metal and better tolerances(accuracy) it will have a stronger and smoother TPA

-i think the better tolerances would make the pistons move better,equally and not leak as easy.

-and less pad wobble!

-it comes with less flexy/bendy cnc mounts

-the pin that hods the pad on it probably stronger to deal with ALU trials pads.

so ye it is a CNC version !!

but since i got my first maggy iv been praying that some1 would make 1 out of proper metal !

i rekon its ace !

thats my 2p (maybe 4p, i went on a bit)

iolo,

EDIT..

just noticed the lever hose exit is out of the way alot more

AND the lever bleed screw is away from the hose exit.

so it doesnt get in the way when trying to attach syringe ect,.

Edited by IOLO

No - the piston sizes on this brake are identical to an HS33.

In fact, because of the slightly longer lever blades, for the same amount of travel at the very end of the blade this system will move the pads slightly less distance (7%).

Adam

AFTER USN ONE xi can safley say there are very wroth it

ill try and explain tmoz qwen im a bit moe sober

but they do rinse maggies

the tpa for example rocks maggies tits off

the placent of the hose is mint no more snapping howeses

lovbe daverteiaLAS

DRUNK SORRY WEL IM NOT LOL BUT WEERM

cat in ahate lameo

AFTER USN ONE xi can safley say there are very wroth it

ill try and explain tmoz qwen im a bit moe sober

but they do rinse maggies

the tpa for example rocks maggies tits off

the placent of the hose is mint no more snapping howeses

lovbe daverteiaLAS

DRUNK SORRY WEL IM NOT LOL BUT WEERM

cat in ahate lameo

Its only 9:30 and your already pissed? :P

Haven't really seen much of these brakes... but beau has it plastered all over his msn that they are shite and his lever keeps falling out -(Y)

Has he tightened the grub screw up? Loctited it in? That would solve the 'problem' instantly...

I'm afraid I don't know... Maybe he hasn't tightened it so I cant really say, but I wouldn't want to have to locktite a £135 brake thats 2 days old (Y)

Its standard practice though - Middleburn cranks come loctited, a lot of bolts come with loctite pre-installed (rotor bolts, hub axle bolts). Loctite isn't a bodge, its essential to the proper function of a lot of engineering products (Y)

Its standard practice though - Middleburn cranks come loctited, a lot of bolts come with loctite pre-installed (rotor bolts, hub axle bolts). Loctite isn't a bodge, its essential to the proper function of a lot of engineering products (Y)

Fair play mate (Y) I was thinking of the super industrial locktite... not threadlock, sorry completely missunderstood what you meant, my fault :)

Loctiting some threads is just as important as greasing others IMO.

The brake looks good, it does seem pricey but if you think of all the 'pimp' extras like the blades and mounts it's probably worth it, it'll just take a while for people to start using it and the word getting out about how well (or not, depending on people opinions) it works.

So if these are prone to coming loose shoudn't they have it applied before they send them off. It's silly thing's like that that get to me about deng.....

If everything came out of the factory perfect, we'd all have a pretty boring life. Applying your brain to the problems of hanging a bike together is just as much a part of trials as working out how to attack a rock.

Beau's denguras looked very well made today. The machining on the lever body is actually quite nice, and it seems very well laid out with regards to cable placement/bleedscrew access/etc. With regards to power, i'm not sure theres a lot of difference, but if i had the money i'd probably get one just so i could know its actually a decent lever body and slave cylinder build as opposed to magura's non cnc'd stuff.

Ali you no that i hate hope lol And think people are silly buying them at that price and swear by bb7's :P

yes it is.

but i can think of many reasons why thats a HUGE amount better !!

-no more snapping lever blades

-no more stripping threads from bleed holes and hose fitting holes

-i think due to better metal and better tolerances(accuracy) it will have a stronger and smoother TPA

-i think the better tolerances would make the pistons move better,equally and not leak as easy.

-and less pad wobble!

-it comes with less flexy/bendy cnc mounts

-the pin that hods the pad on it probably stronger to deal with ALU trials pads.

so ye it is a CNC version !!

but since i got my first maggy iv been praying that some1 would make 1 out of proper metal !

i rekon its ace !

thats my 2p (maybe 4p, i went on a bit)

iolo,

EDIT..

just noticed the lever hose exit is out of the way alot more

AND the lever bleed screw is away from the hose exit.

so it doesnt get in the way when trying to attach syringe ect,.

I can see what you mean by stateing all these problems but ive never had half of these problems ive only ever snapped one maggy since i started riding and split one hose thats the only problem ive had with my maguras. And im sure you can understand why i dont think they are worth it as i hardly have problems. But they do seems to be of a good quality blah blah but im not willing to pay that much when i can get a good set up with my maggy and good pads. Thats just my opinion though.

Edited by andy h