The National Bike Show 'official' List.

Team Ashton

Hi, Just want to clear something up.

There has been some mis-leading info posted about the 'Official' line up at The National Bike Show. Just so it is clear; I have not been approached by the Trials feature manager to appear at the event and will not be riding.

Martyn Ashton

From Best Rider topic

'At 'THE BIKE SHOW' in the past we (Ashton/Hawyes) have always tried to represent 'Trials' as best we could. I initially asked to be involved with 'The National Bike Show' but after a few site visits was told that Giles would be running the Trials feature? I have not been approached by Giles too ride at the show and don't appreciatte the use of my name in an 'official' list when i have not been asked to ride. So if you are interested in the line up; please go ahead and mentally delete my name from the 'Official' list as i am nothing to do with it.

Martyn'

A Bike Show isn't a Bike Show without the Marts in it. I can't believe Giles wouldn't actually invite you guys to ride...

Thanks for clearing it up anyway Mart, even if it is bad news.

Of course, it's always great to see new blood on the podium, but I agree about the Marts.

I mean, without them and their Tricks and Stunts VHS all those years back, I doubt that some of us 'new breed' would even exist.

Never been to a bike show and would love to go to one, but as others have said, the Marts are known to be the highlight of the show, wouldn't be the same

Martyn i agree with Ash, just go for the hell of it anyway

Never know, Giles might come to his sense at the last minute and ask.....no beg you to ride

Frooty

Edited by fruitbat

What a joke. I hope this doesn't cause any massive friction.

I was writing an interview for the howies catalogue today and one of the questions was what got me into trials. Then I thought back to the 2000 speed-trials bikeshow and it being one of the main reasons because that was f**king awesome. Whatever happened to those days :(

I can possibly see how he's trying to add a fresh, newskool look to things, but one thing about the newskool style i really want to see is how the original riders have adapted to it.

I'm sure it'll still be a good show, but there need to be some familiar faces there IMO.

The thing people seem to forget though is that Mart A has generally been the person pushing the new school onwards. After the ashtonhawyes.avi video from that Halfords DVD (I think?) they did a while back, people were all doing spinning gaps and stuff way more, and just generally after any vid they release, in the Trials Videos section you'll get loads of videos inspired by them with people doing the same moves in them for months afterwards. They've pushed trials onwards in a huge way, but because they seem to have quite a low profile here compared to the street riders pumping videos out every other fortnight, they're not really remembered as much for their more recent riding.

the death of trials at the bikeshow.... ?

it can only be a bad thing that the people that made uk trials what it is today arent involved in the uk's biggest show!

maybe we need a seperate event away from the bike show.

perhaps a uk version of koxx days is in order.

it can only be a bad thing that the people that made uk trials what it is today arent involved in the uk's biggest show!

maybe we need a seperate event away from the bike show.

perhaps a uk version of koxx days is in order.

Lol , was just about to suggest the same thing but wimped out!

Indoor 4 day weekend, Comps running aside demo's for the public.

Lol , was just about to suggest the same thing but wimped out!

Indoor 4 day weekend, Comps running aside demo's for the public.

doesn't even have to be indoors really. aslong as its advertised well.

if i remember correctly from last years koxx days it drew a pretty large crowd and im sure a lot werent just trials riders.

Maybe just like the organisers realised NASS was toss at the NEC, the new Show organisers will realise that Bike will be dick without the Marts? Seems a lot of events organisers don't really get what makes a good event these days...

yeah damn right, like the exeter comp, but for a week, sections changing everyday, would be sick, or maybe every otherday, with rearranging on the middle day and demos inbetween competitions.

would be sick. not in exeter though, somewhere a little more accessable, london? bristol?

Just had another one of my crazy ideas, but i'll leave it be.

Anywhom, to play devils advocate. I'm not suggesting Martyn charges thousands of pounds, or if he charges at all, but havn't the organisers of this years bike show pretty much shunned trials away? Given Giles not a lot of budget at all, and only one demo a day that lasts an hour and a half?

Will be a shame to not see Martyn there, if i go, but theres always 2 sides to a situation like this.

Anywhom, Martyn only posted for public information, so i'll stop there. :)

I have just read it all and im starting to get confuzzled with it all now! Cant believe that the Marts are not going to be ther, I like many other go to see them ride! There the legends of the sport in the uk in my mind!

Kevin

Watching Ashton, Hawes and Hans Rey at the Bike Show, back in the day, was the inspiration that made me take up the sport.

To ride along side the man himself, Martyn Ashton, at the NBS this year would have better than my Mum's Yorkshire puddings.

I am GUTTED. I believe him when he says he doesn't want an invite but I desperately hope he reconsiders when he gets his rightful invite.

Peace

Barlow

Edited by mintsauce

its all a bit gutting really.. :( who organises the main event? and gives giles a budget? we should send a petition and tell him he's a tit. dunno if it'll do owt now but it'll make me feel better :)