Electric Supercharger?

Dr Greenthumb

Jonno will have a super charger for his V6 (Y):)

the electric current is making a current of air so the engine breathes and gets more air. if its a genuine super charger worth a few BHP (Y):)

Waynio........................

PS i wanted to super charge my turbo engine, then she would have better cold air feed to her constantly. BUT i seem to have run out of funds :P

A mate of mine bought on of these a couple of years ago and it caused him endless problems. He ended up having to get the ECU re-mapped back to the original settings, his car wouldn't stop puffing blue smoke and only seemed to get power when he didn't want it. That was on a Audi 80.

I'd ask about in Vauxhall forums to see if anyone's used one, you'll probably get a decent answer from them.

(Y)

He ended up having to get the ECU re-mapped back to the original settings.

I work at a SEAT dealership, and a bloke came in after fitting one of these himself (one made for Seats). It ended out that he needed his original cool air intake system replaced, his ECU re-mapped, and on top of that he had to pay labour charge. It wasn't good for those who dont have a rather fat wallet as 'Seat Tech' were involved.

I dont see why he felt the need to fit one when he already had 180BHP to play with to be honest (N)

These things are just more hassle then they're worth I'm afraid.

QUOTE(deanie-b @ Apr 16 2007, 02:00 PM)
I work CLEAN CARS at a SEAT dealership, and a bloke came in after fitting one of these himself (one made for Seats). It ended out that he needed his original cool air intake system replaced, his ECU re-mapped, and on top of that he had to pay labour charge. It wasn't good for those who dont have a rather fat wallet as 'Seat Tech' were involved.

I dont see why he felt the need to fit one when he already had 180BHP to play with to be honest (N)

These things are just more hassle then they're worth I'm afraid.

Haha sorry to piss on your bonfire you big gay :P

gallery_181_1185_15299.jpg

Thats a supercharger, driven mechanically from the crankshaft, opposed to a turbocharger which is driven by the exhaust.

What you have from ebay, is nothing of the sort!

Edited by will

gallery_181_1185_15299.jpg

Thats a supercharger, driven mechanically from the crankshaft, opposed to a turbocharger which is driven by the exhaust.

What you have from ebay, is nothing of the sort!

Thats a type of supercharger, known as a Centrifugal type.

Roots superchargers are more expensive, quieter and generally wider used.

They look like this:

roots_blower.jpg

These are the types you'll find on blown AMG engines.

Edited by N.Wood