Gumball 3000

Revell-Bikes

Well, theres still Carbon Black, The Bull Run, Players Run, Ultimate Challenge (if Kimble's mystery investor pulls through!) to keep us entertained.

Its a shame such a tragedy happened, but its the way of the world.

I hope to go on a rally of similar sorts someday.

EDIT:

The international rally Gumball 3000 claimed the second victim today - Margarita Chepunjoska, the wife of Vladimir, who died two days ago, has passed away today in the Skopje Clinic Center.

Margarita was severely injured in the accident that took place on Wednesday, when a participant of the rally crashed his Porsche into the car driven by her husband.

British citizen Nicholas Morley was speeding in his Porsche at the Struga-Qafasan road, when it collided head-on with Chepunjoski’s Golf.

Yesterday, an investigative judge of Struga Court ordered 30 days of temporary detention to Nicholas Morley. The Police filed a formal accusation against him for “heavy violation of traffic safety†and “failure to provide help to an injured personâ€.

Macedonian police told today that no charges will be raised against his co-driver, the British citizen Matthew McConville.

More pictures and the video link can be founded here:

http://www.gumball3000blog.com/2007/...gumball-crash/

Edited by N.Wood

ehh shit, just read the thread though, when i saw the initial post i assumed it was a gumballer that had died. instead its some innocent 60 year old.

thats quite bad. RIP random dude

Edited by ash-kennard

I know its sad that someone has died, and it was bound to happen, sadly, but if i had a 300 grand car, and paid 25k to be where i was, i sure as hell wouldn't drive at the speed limit everywhere.

Yes, they pushed it to far, and payed the ultimate price, but i think the speed and recklessness is part of the Gumball, comes with the territory.

Never said it was right, but people seem to think they cruised across the country side, stopped to take pictures and set an example with their by the book driving, which just doesn't happen.

They left the scene of an accident which they caused where two people were dieing/ died for christ sake. I dont care how irresponsibly they were driving or whether the Gumball rally is right or wrong, that has to be the sickest part for me. I dont know whether they were trying to get away with it by getting out of the country or if they were actually sick enough to carry on thinking about the race after that. Either way they are a pair of royal wankers in my eyes.

ur all such f**king stiffs

yes sum ones died yes its very sad, but if i enterd the gumball and had a car capable of 200mph and there was a dirty straight long road in front of me id do it

isnt that the point?

god i love the gumball.

and the guy who said he wanted to enter it?

do u have the 10k entry fee?

well dad was bound to get things sorted for next years gumball, with me as passenger ( i turn 21 in january) so that would have been my 21st present....now we're having second thoughts about it and not risk ourselves in thre middle of media frenzy if that happens again or something like that. i have told him we'd better wait 'til a couple of years to see if gumball's reputation has gone back up, countries less suspcoius abt the speeding as hopefully future gumball will be more paced and careful with heightened awareness etc....

still, could be held in UK or america only.....or a race track.

From what I understand, the red golf had pulled out from a stop sign, the porsche tried to swerve to avoid them, but caught the side. They didnt flee the scene of the accident straight away, but called the ambulance first. I dont know 100% but its not as irresponsible as some people make out.

Its not the first accident to happen involving the public, but it is the first fatality.

I was looking at the Wikipedia entry for Gumball 3000.

Gumball 3000 does not publish time-based figures for participants, who, by their entry contract, are legally barred from time-based competition. The main award is the so-called Spirit of the Gumball Trophy, which is awarded to the competitor that came out of the race as the most positive and uncontroversial.

However, unofficial time-based results are commonly compiled and verified on the internet by fans through ALK/Copilot GPS timelogs/tracks, from eyewitness accounts, and from the official forums of the Gumball 3000. In 2005, Gumball 3000 signed a sponsorship deal with ALK-Copilot who provided, publicly-available method of tracking Gumball participants en route in near-real time. Each car was provided with a bluetooth-enabled GPS Navphone with a transponder, making it easier to track Gumball participants.

From the official website (before their ending of the race):

The 2007 Gumball 3000 rally (the “Event") is NOT a race or a competition. You must NOT compete in any manner with other participants. You must NOT place any bets of any kind in relation to the Event. You must drive safely and with proper courtesy to all other participants and members of the public. In particular you must not drive recklessly. The organiser encourages you to drive safely with due respect to other participants and members of participants and members of the public.

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions :-

If they were really all about avoiding racing, is there any history of them banning known racers from participating?

I've seen some of the vids on Youtube of reckless drivers during Gumball 3000, posted in the name of it being cool. If I was one of the drivers they encountered, I'd not be sharing that sentiment to have my life played with in that way.

Steve

Yes, they pushed it to far, and payed the ultimate price, but i think the speed and recklessness is part of the Gumball, comes with the territory.

How have they come even close at all, in any way, shape or form, to "Paying the ultimate price" by killing two innocent people by being f**king twats?

How have they come even close at all, in any way, shape or form, to "Paying the ultimate price" by killing two innocent people by being f**king twats?

agreed

They have in no way paid any price yet. They should, but i doubt they will, they'll get off with a hefty fine and a slap on the wrist. The two innocent people have paid the ultimate price after all they'll never walk on this earth again.

As for them fleaing, sometimes people react strangly to shock, no doubt they'll have been shocked because they knew the 2 people were dead/dying and the fact that they'd just walked away from a really high speed crash and lived. perhaps it was a bad decision which they really will regret. we'll never know how we'd react in that situation until it happened to us. so we really can't comment on that

Presumably they weren't medical expects either and perhaps they had no reason think that the couple would die. I guess none of use know the entire story though. Considering how mashed up the cars are, perhaps they hit at full speed, because the old guy just pulled out without looking, right before the Porsche? I don't know so I'm not going to speculate, but for me, killing someone would be a BIG punishment in itself - you'd have to live with yourself for the rest of your days.

Yea and he was a willy who thought he could drive round constantly at 240mph recking his car and tyres, supprisingly enough he broke down every hour or less

well dad was bound to get things sorted for next years gumball, with me as passenger ( i turn 21 in january) so that would have been my 21st present....now we're having second thoughts about it and not risk ourselves in thre middle of media frenzy if that happens again or something like that. i have told him we'd better wait 'til a couple of years to see if gumball's reputation has gone back up, countries less suspcoius abt the speeding as hopefully future gumball will be more paced and careful with heightened awareness etc....

still, could be held in UK or america only.....or a race track.

ur dad is gonna give 28k for ur bday

f**k OFF!?

yes im not wrong it is 28 thousand english pounds to enter the race

ur dad is gonna give 28k for ur bday

f**k OFF!?

yes im not wrong it is 28 thousand english pounds to enter the race

actually its 10,000 for a passenger, im not driving- dad is. gumball has offered me a couple of discounts. best one is 50% so its for 5 grand for me basically. im not telling you all how i did it. all you need id contacts, people you know so will give you one.

Kinda a bit of topic but does anyone know the song from gumball 3000 2006,

It starts playing at 14mins 15 secs on the 5th episode.

Thanks for any help (Y)

Ive tried googling the lyrics but cant find it.