Blackpool Tower Trophy

BikeTrial Federation

Wow bringing trials into the new age at last. Just posted mine. (Y)

I hope all trials will be this easy to enter in the future, if they are I reccon that we will see more entries.

JP

yeah i think if its more like that in the future alot more people will enter. Good idea (Y)

From the website www.biketrialuk.co.uk

The Blackpool Tower Trophy - UK National BikeTrial Championship 2007 Round 2

The next BIG event is the Blackpool Tower Trophy on Sunday 20th May on the sea front at this fun holiday resort. Why not make a weekend of it, loads of accommodation with Bed & Breakfast from just £10 per night, or camping just up the road. Visit the fun fair at Blackpool's Pleasure Beach and have a ride on the "Big One" (if you dare!) or one of the many nightclubs. For the whole family, there are theatres, shopping, or visit the famous Blackpool Tower itself, the sea-life centre, or even the zoo. A full mile of sandy beaches and loads of holiday entertainment for everyone. For more information give the local Tourist Information Centre a call on 01253 478222 or visit :-

http://www.blackpooltourism.com/ or http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/

Now, about the trial ...

It's our policy to never refuse an entry if there's room for the rider, in this case, entries have already started coming in and we may have no option but to close the entry if too many arrive. Nearly 300 entry forms have been sent out, so if you want to ride we recommend that you return your form as soon as possible! If entry does have to close, it will be noted on here immediately so keep a watch. The form does say closing date of 6th May to help you to get a move on with it, but they were posted out later than intended - if in doubt phone 07850 505298 to check (evenings please before 9.30pm).

Entry forms can be downloaded from the "Events" page of this site, and on-line entry is now available.

Signing on on the day will be from 8.30am, with the pre-trial briefing at 9.45am. We are also considering some signing on time the previous afternoon to make the morning less hectic, so watch this site for more information.

Classes are the traditional BikeTrial classes in age through from Poussin to Elite and Master, but for those not fitting into the age / route colour there are additional guest classes in green (under 10's), white and blue so that everyone can enter and enjoy the day. We promise that the routes will be challenging and rideable!

Riding starts at 10.00am with sections being closed at 4.30pm, and the award presentations at approximately 5.00pm with awards for the top 3 in each class presented by the Mayor of Blackpool. Lots of spectators are expected in this prime location on the north promenade, and press releases have been sent to local TV and other media.

Help please ....

Observers are of course needed in advance of the start of the event and we hope that many of the 'old faithfulls' will be putting their names forward. But if you know the rules, are 16 or over and want to earn a bit of cash to pay for your travelling there, please give us a call on 07850 505298 to put your name forward - the more observers we have on the day to share the load, the better the sport will be for both the riders and the spectators!

We need an official photographer! We're always too busy on the day to go round with a camera or camcorder, and we don't want to rely on individuals sending us shots. If you're not riding and think you're destined to be a famous photographer - send us your shots! An official reporter would also be good so if you're passionate about BikeTrial and good with words, drop us an email please to info@biketrialuk.co.uk.

Help us to make BikeTrial what it should be and help the public to be better informed about the sport.

Keep watching this site for more information!

Better looking than the Blackpool Mayor?

When the Mayor had to cancel handing out the trophies, we thought you'd like someone a bit different. So, we've got you ...

Winner of "The Face of 2006" and runner-up to "Miss Blackpool", model Jade Slusarcyzyk.

Wonder if you'll get a kiss with your trophies!

jade.jpg

jade2.jpg

MY EX BIRD

If the weather is looking reasonably good i may head up, i will not be riding the comp due to my kne being bad and not sure whether i would be able to ride the whole day without retiring :(

Ah well, may come up with the video camera......

Adam

Final briefing for the Blackpool Tower Trophy

We'll be setting off soon to travel to Blackpool, so a quick final briefing before we go off-line.

• Check out the map on www.biketrialuk.co.uk for details of the venue.
  • We have 84 pre-entries - thank you to all that have sent them.
  • We know that there are always "the few" who don't actually get round to sending their entry forms off, and it is our policy never to turn a rider away. Beware - there are only 100 places available at this event so that leaves just 16 places free.
  • Barbara will be at the control point near the 'Hole in the Wall Cafe' on Saturday between 3.00pm and 4.00pm and will take late entries then. Late entries on the day MAY be accepted IF there are places still available.
  • Signing on for the event will be available on Saturday between 4.00pm and 5.00pm for any rider wishing to miss out on the Sunday morning rush.
  • Sunday signing on will be from 8.30am. (If you entered on-line, please make it easier for us by bringing your printed copy of the entry form.)
  • The pre-trial briefing will be at 9.45am and the trial will start at 10.00am prompt.

See you all there! (Y)

isnt preston going to be packed with the radio1 big weekend thingy?????

wooooop im in blackpool now just spentthe night at my ex's house in town.

heading down to the rocks in a bit i think to check it all out and find people seee you kids!!!!!!!!