The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice one (Y)

I hate winter! the commute too work is nice & cold!

copied this from the kawasaki forum, Can anyone shred some possible light?

Got a problem with the er6, Ive had this problem for the past month or so but now recently its started too cut out on me frown.gif.pagespeed.ce.03FZ2rMcsA.gif

Here goes,
When starting up cold, It only revs up too 1k and so judgery on idle, Like its not getting enough fuel and trying too clonk out on me, Thats when it does start!, The fuel injection light will stay on until its warmed up.

If i put some revs on manually when first start up, It will sit at around 2k revs afterwards like it should do!

Recently when i come too a stop it will just suddenly cut out on me, Done it when its both cold and warm but will start up straight after no problem, Ive noticed my headlights not been very bright cold, If i let of the revs the headlighticon1.png goes dimmer!

Anyone know my problem? Want too get some new plugs in and a fresh air filter but doubt that explains why the fuel injection light comes on?

Might buy some injector cleaner on the weekend too see if that does the trick

Any help is appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

On another note my lass just done her test. She's just done her full license and passed. She got a cbr 600f. Me on the other hand completed my CBT and bought a Derbi Terra. Looks like a BMW 650gs. Big bike for a 125 (trying to justify having it when your lass has a 600!?!) and will do 70...just. I'm from the method of thinking that a motorbike license is a gift so I'm going to get as much experience as possible for mod1 and 2 then I'm going to do it on mine. Ride for 2 years,build up some no claims then get a transalp or versys. Tempted by the transalp more!

Forgot to cover my motorbike up last night, it pissed down all night. Went to start bike this morning, it ticked over for a little while then spluttered and died. now won't start anymore. This makes me sad. Any ideas?

Ben

Doubt the rain would do it. I kept my old 600 Fazer out in all weathers and it always started first time. Maybe a new battery?