The Happy Thread

Duncy H

My dad went ahead and invited my girlfriend over for dinner in a few weeks’ time and sent a confirmation email of this to me, girlfriend and my mum. Girlfriend replied to all saying that she’s looking forward to it and ended the email off with a little smiley face. Now, a few months ago she had mentioned how she really likes the occasional smiley face and has tried to cut down, so, knowing my mum’s email password, it’s my time to shine.  Here’s the email girlfriend has received from my mum –

“Hi Bikeperson45’s girlfriend,

Don't want to sound too fussy here, but please would you mind not using smiley faces when emailing me? I just find it a little annoying...

Thanks

Bikeperson45’s mum”

Believable enough right? Waiting begins

• Like 2

Text from girlfriend asking who is pranking her, so I enquired as to what the cause for this text was. Got my email sent to me saying she just received this from my mum and was it serious. I've told her that I will speak to me mum about it. Backfire potential but I'm committing, wish me luck.

Reply from girlfriend "Don't make me the bad guy, I am the legit good guy here. BCC me in"

This is great. 

Edited by bikeperson45
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bikeperson45 said:

Reply from girlfriend "Don't make me the bad guy, I am the legit good guy here. BCC me in"

Implication here is that your girlfriend has already given your Mum the 'bad guy' role in 'here'. You're in too deep already, and only time will show it :)

• Like 1

I think it's all right, I'm wrapping it up :P   So, my 'mother' wanted to reply so girlfriend got this email -

"Hi again,

Just got an email from bikeperson45 and am a little disappointed that you didn't feel you could come to me with this 'prank' issue. I do apologise, I just have a great grievance for smiley faces. Please don't let this put you off my son, he is totally fleek right now as you are probably aware, his manager Tim just walked in and he agrees with this too.

Regards,
bikeperson45's mum"

And that'll put an end to this, mentioning my manager Tim is code for this is made up so she'll pick up on that. To be fair to myself here while enjoying a pleasant evening together she had told me to come look at a particular railing knowing that I would see the trials potential and check how wobbly it was. Taking the bait, I got both of my hands covered in anti climb paint. So she had this coming is what I'm saying. 
  • Like 1

i had my appraisal at work today.

i hate them as Ive been marked down for petty things before. i only got told today that i was gonna be in my appraisal today. (saves me worrying about it)

it turned out pretty well.

Ive lost shit loads of weight this year, and that's really made me feel confident about myself and boosted my confidence. one of the biggest things that people have noticed is that I've become more confident. for people to see that has really made me feel good!

and before i left, i got the letter saying that i get a pay rise and a decent Christmas bonus! :D

Happy days! ^_^

• Like 4