Organ & Blood donation

eskimo

So who's done it?

I saved a leaflet and put it on my todo list, but only just got round to doing it. It took 2 minutes to fill in, literally just name, address and phone number. As previously thought it would require some checks etc, but yeah it doesn't.

One day i will donate some blood too. Again, on the todo list >_<

So how about it?

Eye for an eye.

96% of us would take an organ if we needed one.

Yet only 30% of us taken action and joined the NHS Organ Donor Register.

I've given blood before and I may be on the organ donor register. That's a good reminder actually to check if I am.

It's good giving blood but, doing as much exercise as I do, I found it a bit problematic. It used to leave me quite tired for several weeks afterwards. That shouldn't really be an excuse though given how important it is.

Yeah, got a donor card in my wallet. All came from being with my ex actually; she had a really shit heart and i figured i'd like her to get a new one if she needed it, so put my money where my mouth is so to speak!

Worth doing, you won't need it when you're dead.

I'm a donor too - although there won't be much left they can use at this rate!

Personally I don't like the idea of giving blood. It's a completely irrational fear and thought process, but I can't shake it enough to go give some. I'm glad many people can get over that and get it done though!

I guess what would annoy me personally is if we have another George Best kinda situation where someone with money jumps the long waiting list to save his own life, gets a 2nd chance at life with a successful donor op, then f**ks it up by taking up his old demon habits and ultimately loses his life as a result.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1503862/His-weakness-would-kill-him.-His-genius-offered-a-footballing-immortality..html