Trials Spots Map Of Your Local Town

26inch

An idea i had when we went to ride oxford and hardly found any spots. Basicaly go on google maps and find a map of your local town, use PrintScreen to copy the map and open it in paint, photoshop etc and mark where all the spots are. Then upload it and put it on here.If someone has already done your town and missed spots you can always save their map, edit it and upload it yourself. Dunno if it will kick off but i thought it would be a good plan.

Anyway to start things off heres mine

STRATFORD ON AVON

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Its just an idea. I deont have the power or computer skills to work out all this new wiki stuff.

Have you not got microsoft paint as that will work. Otherwise just download a photoshop demo off the adobe site.

and don't let the police find our maps!

Hardly a call for MI6 to get involved with the "trials disease of the UK!!!!!" :lol:

to be honest, if someone wants to ride here then send me a pm. Also some people want street, some natural, in case of the latter, the map of my area is as follows:

Good idea :)

I'll get this extension installed on the wiki tomorrow - http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Google_Maps

Looks like its perfect for the job and should make it a lot quicker to sort out.

:o That'd be f**king insane! (Y)

You could write the name of the place and what sort of thing it is... if people could be arsed, possible outside links in the speech bubbles to pictures of the places.

Ill do eastliegh, get the wiki extension quick :P

There is a link in the wiki to locations but not alot else there ... im guessing its not done yet then .... ?

Also - Ive got bristol covered....

Is the wiki page going to be basically 1 continous google map with our own custom tags on ? if so that would be brill..

could you stick photos in with the tags too ? that would be the best way to do it really so you can see what the spot is ...

Wiki extension is installed :D

Working well it seems.

Heres where to start off, I've already added a few locations to get it going.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/wiki/Locations

If you want to add a new location, edit this page, then add the marker to the map (click in the right place) and add [[Placename]] into the comments. Then save the page, look at the map, click on the place you just added to make a new page, then click 'add a map', tis all pretty simple :)

i think some1 should make

www.trialsmaps.com !!!!!!!!!!!!!

or sumthing.

would be brilliant to have a missive alphabetical list, so you can easily find town names and go ride !!!

think its a greta idea.

would just need a colour for street and a colour for natural !!!

and then little key features for skate parks and local bike shops, etc.....

would that not rock !!!!!!!! ????????????

i love the idea

iolo.