Best Moment In Ur Life So Far?

Synergy

mine would of been when i was younger playing soccer sevens. i was about 9 - 11 age .

cold freezing morning my first game , our teams first game. we were against the best team in the league and i was put in goald (normally a defender) i had the best game of my life (lost 5-2) but considering out a team lost 20-0 it was good,

anyway the best bit was when i looked up after my first save n saw my mum (always at my games) n beside her was my dad, was brilliant he was shouting my name n chearing for me. best bit of my life. sounds stupid but just meant to much on a cold sunday morning :)

Mine sounds pretty sad (but here goes) its the first time my girlfriend ever said i love you, it was really weird i got this feeling like a football dropping in my stomach. A couple of days later we were led on my bed talking and she said to me did you feel anything weird when i said i love you, because i did and when she described it it was almost exactly what i felt. I told you it sounds pretty sad but since then weve been together for nearly two years, and im pretty sure we share some weird connection.

Anybody else ever felt that?

When I was practising on my trials bike of the motorised variety and one of my best mates was there, niether of us knew the other would be going.

Anyway, we got sick of doing sections, and started trying to do freeriding, like jumping down drops, but there was one big jump over a road that we couldn't quite get the bottle to do, it was huge, like the sort of road where 2 cars can pass comfertably, but tend to slow down to do so.

Anyway, we kept jumping and landing on top, until I thought, f**k it, stuck in 4th, set off flat out, up to fifth and left the lip with the throttle wide, I landed perfectly on the landing slope, apparently I was about 5ft up at one point.

I've always wanted to go back and film it, but there are 2 "lakes", and your right on the edge of one when you running in, and landing on the edge of the other, so the water has to be really low, and I have only been back a couple of times since, and the waters always been too high.

It just felt so good, it really was a massive jump, the only big jump I've ever done on a motorbike.

Best moments... Wow

Commenting on my first Bike Show. Being involved in the Red Bull Bike Battle, then going out to the US Battle (and then spending a week in New York). Being at the Sheffield Trial to interview Ot Pi and Cesar Canas, then when the trial started finding myself next to the sections, Dougie Lampkin on one side of me, and Marc Colomer on the other. All the times I've been surrounded by good people having a good time.

Can't beat the day when my Fiesta rolled out of the shed after a 3 year rebuild (Y)

I had T-Cut it and slammed it on the floor, and the sun was shining...And there it was, Gleaming ! And it was all because of me :)

-

Obviously getting laid was pretty good but Meh', Cars can't run off and take all you money !

Jarrod

[Edit] Just realised F-Stop isn't a moaning old man :o ! You've done ALOT of cool stuff !

Edited by Pashley26

Mine is probs when a guy i knew rang me and asked me to play guitar in a band, i'm not in the band anymore and don't even speak to the guy but if he never rang me i wouldn't have any of the friends i have now and my life would be completely different, maybe even better so it could have been the worst moment, who knows?!

mine would of been when i was younger playing soccer sevens. i was about 9 - 11 age .

cold freezing morning my first game , our teams first game. we were against the best team in the league and i was put in goald (normally a defender) i had the best game of my life (lost 5-2) but considering out a team lost 20-0 it was good,

anyway the best bit was when i looked up after my first save n saw my mum (always at my games) n beside her was my dad, was brilliant he was shouting my name n chearing for me. best bit of my life. sounds stupid but just meant to much on a cold sunday morning :)

Mike theres no need to cover up the fact that your best moment in life so far was meeting me

Jesus, heavy question...

1. Going to Birmingham Big Brother auditions with a few mates, had a right laugh. Took a weekend there in a travel inn, right in the centre of the city. Excellent place, went around all the pubs and then we auditioned with the twins that were in BB this time round. Don't think I've ever laughed so much, was a laugh from getting on the bus to getting off the bus 2 days later....wreaked the travel inn too :)

2. My first 250cc trials bike, Montesa Cota 315R...loved it. The feeling going from an 80 to a 250! Slightest touch on the throttle about ripped your hands off...and then you get used to the power and its not as much fun.

3. Picking my first car up from the garage and driving it home...very nice feeling indeed.

Christ...

1. The day i landed my first website development job in Brighton. Don't think i stopped smiling from getting the job to walking in the door. Something i always wanted to, and really is amazing that had done it at only 18. I am so greatful for that company giving me the opportunity that they did.

2. Landing the job where i am at now. This really is a dream job for me, a massively respected design and development company with awesome clients and awesome prospects, i'll always remember getting that phone call the day after going for interview, after waiting 2 months to get a date for interview, with my new boss on the other end asking me start in just a few days time skipping the second interview process. I was litterely jumping around the house laughing to my self.

3. Driving my Civic back from isle of wight. Hitting VTEC on the way back and just realising where my life is actually heading, that it was actually going somewhere and i was achieving.

4. Walking round a picture-esque town with an ex, don't like to admit it, but it really was amazing that.

5. A small one, but the evening i picked up my car from the body shop. I'll never forget that i don't think, really was a massive milestone in my life, not sure why, but i guess it relates to 3, just solidifying the fact that my life is actually heading somewhere and i am actually achieving good things, doing something with myself.

Can't pick out one as best moment, but they are up there. There are a few others i can remember having but not instantly springing to mind too.

I've actually had some good moments in my life, always seem to be over shadowed by the consistently worse ones, but heh, swings and round-a-bouts.

Playing at Regression New Years Eve last year - dropped a tune and the whole place went mad. People shaking my hands and shit :)

Getting my first custom built bike finished, staring at it. I'd spent a year buying parts (I only had a part time job and was 15) and finally got it finished!

There are loads of happy moments, but one recent one that stuck out to me was last week in an exam in my first year of uni, I stopped and looked up and thought to myself about when I was younger and people would talk about going to university and making it there, and it always seemed like it was ages away and I didn't have to think about it. Then GCSE's and A-Levels which to start with I didn't try so hard in, but eventually put the effort in and made it into the uni I never thought I would get into. I don't know why it was in the exam, but it just clicked in my head, this is it, you've made it to uni, and I couldn't help but smile (even though the exam was horrendous).

Ive been lucky enough so have experience some great moments so far in my life, not sure what my best is.

One of them has to be standing on top of the podium at the french world round in 2000, it was my 2nd win and the year i was world champion.

It was just an amazing feeling standing there and having my mum, dad and friends there too. Was great to now everyone was cheering for me, because i had won, and on that day i was the best, and i deserved it, no one else.

Another comp releated one was at this years european championship. I started really bad, but i put loads of effort in on my 2nd lap and fought for it and managed to get 3rd. Knowing that i had really worked for it and it paid off.

Some other great momets have been to hundreds of roadtrips ive been on to the worlds etc. Getting to travel with great people such as the matt and eddie toungue, barry deeks, stevie thompson, david holmes, patt, drei, tom and so many others, just make me happy to be involved with such a cool sport.

Scott

Probably getting a segment I had edited on TV - the clip on Ex-Tube... Passing my driving test?... Getting DVD mentions/writing published in MBUK, but lets face it anybody can get in the mag nowadays haha... OH! Driving to Liverpool from Milton Keynes and back in a DeLorean, now THAT was epic! :D

Just to prove I'm not a cynical old grump, and was once young and full of enthusiasm, here's a copy of a column I wrote for a long forgotten website.

I apologise for the swearing, I was young and enthusiastic.

What the f*ck just happened?

Posted: 10/5/2003

The Bright Lights of The Bike Show

I found myself sitting up in the stands right up at the top of the stands on Sunday after the last trials show was done. Sitting there on my own looking over the course, and replaying the great moves I'd seen over the previous few days, just thinking 'What the f*ck just happened?'

I still remember my first bike show back in 96 at Olympia. I was like a kid in a sweet shop. Riders were there who'd I'd only seen in magazines, as were the products. I was buying as much as my little pockets could carry, but I'd stand by the riding areas for what seemed like hours. Not just for the shows, but for all the practising, the discussions between riders and so on. Back then it seemed amazing that Martyn Ashton could stand on top of the demo area - a collection of logs and railway sleepers from memory - and position a pallet exactly where he was going to land. It's such a small detail to remember, and what I know now it seems trivial, but The Bike Show helped fuel my interest in trials and as the, then only, trials rider from Leicester, this was the moment to see what you could REALLY do on a bike.

Since 96 I've been to every Bike Show as a matter of course. I've missed school and work to do it, and this year I faced the prospect of missing Saturday because I couldn't get the time off work. I would have left my job if I couldn't have made it. Not after the phone call.

Growing up, Martyn was my trials riding idol, and I learnt a lot of my style of riding (what there is of it...) from Martyn because there wasn't anything else to learn from except Hans Rey, and I couldn't make moves the same way he did it. In recent years I have a lot of dealings with Martyn because of my involvement with MBUK, then Section7, and after commentating on a demo for Matt Tongue at the Cycle and Leisure Show in London I spent Martyn an email wondering if I could join Clive doing the commentary. Clive building the excitement, and me providing the in depth nerdy stuff. Quite cheeky. Similar to emailing George Lucas and asking to appear in the next Star Wars film, but hey, worth a punt right? I've always believed that you should be invited to do The Bike Show. It's the top rung of the ladder in the UK, and to be asked to ride at The Bike Show is a sign that you're really, really good! However, it never hurts to show your interest, so the email was duly sent then forgotten about.

Press passes were sorted, I arranged with Paul T to come upto Leicester, and all was looking good. Then one lunch time I turned my phone on my phone and there was a message from Martyn to call him. Maybe the rider list I'd been waiting for? News of some new Ashton bike at the show? Some new rider he'd signed up?

"Can you do the commentary in the trials arena?"

With Clive Gosling?

Errr, no. Clive's booked to do some other stuff at the show, so it'll basically be you. If it's good, you'll be a hero, if it's rubbish, you'll look like an idiot."

So there it was. I'd gotten what I asked for, but with bells on. I've heard people say in interviews before something like "I thought for a full second before saying yes..." I always thought that was a cliche, but it's true. I hung up with Martyn and I was overcome with a sense that I really shouldn't do it and risk making an idiot of myself, but then it became clear that I couldn't say no. This was the one moment in my life that if I say no now, I will regret it for ever. I may look like an idiot, but I'll have done. I called Martyn the next day and said yes.

Commentating is an odd thing. Nobody went to the show wanting to see me. It makes very little difference to the crowd who talks, they're there to see riders, get stickers and have things autographed. The riders are the stars and that's as it should be. A commentator is basically some guy standing by the riders going "Look, he's really good!" However, a good commentator gets a crowd involved and helps build excitement. That leads to a situation where there's no pressure on you to pull off huge gaps and so on, you're a part of the show, and your contribution helps with the show as a whole. Lots of riders dream about riding at the show, but no one wants to be a commentator. It's this whole fear of public speaking that many people have which I've never understood. I've always revelled in it, but then to ride well in front of people requires a similar level of confidence and that is something I would certainly not like to do, and one of the many reasons why there are no known photos or video of me riding a trials bike.

When I called Martyn back, he informed me that Clive would be doing some of the shows after all. Which I was glad of. I was terrified of being all at sea, nothing to say, and ruining the show of great riders. Giles Wolfe from MAD had also said he'd help out if needed, which was a great gesture from him. I knew that the first day, maybe even the first show would be sink or swim. With things like this, you very quickly find out if you're useless or not. My preparation had consisted of a few lines of scribbled text which I never read again once I'd written them, and making up a few things while heading down the M69 on Friday morning, trying to keep things on the right side of 100mph...

Friday morning, 10am. The first show. Mic on, music playing, people taking their seats. It's now or never. I went through a couple of lines I'd prepared, but then just started talking. The first show of the day is always tricky as people have just arrived, still a little sleepy, and not yet fully in the spirit of things, but I went out and tried my best and it flowed. I never really thought about what I was saying, I just tried to keep people entertained. I don't find it that difficult either, I just let my mouth say what my eyes are seeing. I never really have to think about it. There were two things on the horizon that did worry me though. First was the sidehop competitions. How do you keep building tension hop after hop? They always seem to drag on, but you have to wait and see how it goes. And second was Hop Idol...

As Giles Wolfe, MAD owner and usual commentator, was busy judging, I was left on commentating duties. Unfortunatley I hadn't managed to really familiarise myself with the riders and as a result I only knew a couple from previous trials competitions so I had a hastily written note of who was who with little extra info. Commentating on four riders at the same time is even more difficult as you try to give everyone equal coverage without missing anything. It was a nightmare, but once the time was up, we got to the real theatrics, the audience vote. Sometimes were more obvious than others, but it proved a great show, and having the riders line up like a walk of shame was good. It really built tension, but never more so than the final run. Andrei Burton was the class of the field, but in the final run Tim Pratt took a big fall, and landed hard. Before I could say "Paramedics to the trials arena" he was back up and riding, and what a ride. He really lifted his game and just stuck everything. It was electric to watch because you really felt like he was fighting, trying to make up for the fall. At the end I lined them up on the railway sleepers in the middle of the arena. They were standing face to face with me in the middle filling while the judges decided. It was really close, as was the audience vote. When the judges went back for a second discussion, I went through the cliches "One wins, one goes home" and so on, and I suddenly became aware of a TV camera pointing up at me, and then photographers as well. To help things along, I thought back to shows like Big Brother and Pop Idol, and how they built the tension. Trying to stretch things until the crowd were on the edge of their seats, and the decision had been made. It helped having Giles involved because he had a good sense of what it took to make it involving for everyone, and as the winner was being announced, I had goosebumps, so I guess it was going pretty well!

Paul T asked me once how I kept so excited after so many shows, and I don't know. I just enjoy being involved with trials and as long as there is a rider riding, I'll watch them. For me, the weekend was such a blast that I never got bored once. I was living a dream for me to be honest and even after 15 shows I could have done 15 more and still been excited. The best proof was my voice, which had totally gone after 3 days of shouting. On the third day I made a big effort to turn the mic up and to talk quieter, but when I get excited I'd get louder again. In the end the mic level was half as loud as it was when it had been setup. I just tried to pass on my enthusiasm as best I could to the crowd. Since the show I've seen videos where I've wandered through the back of the shot and it doesn't seem like me. I can't picture myself doing that at all, and it seems like some other guy doing it. The huge response I've had from people too has made it all worth while, and I want to thank everyone who's said such kind things. It means a lot to me, and it makes me want to do it again in the future...

So sitting up in the stands. Looking back on the 15,000 people who will have watched the shows, and the riding they've witnessed. How those three days had formed one long blur, and being ridden over by Vincent Hermance and Kenny Beleay which was one of my personal highlights. Even nearly a month on from those days, I still look back, and just think What the f*ck happened there?

erm, got a few mint moments, gettin the beemer finished.

one that sticks in me head though, is last kitch of the uni year this year(i dont go to uni, but meh)

went to kitch rather than a girl id pulled 21st,(because i could see it being awkward), went, expecting a couple of mates to be there, but they werent, then one of my real close female mates turned up. kitch was rammed, spent most of my night between drinking chilled drinks very quickly, and chattign to me smoking mates outside, it stopped, got on the bus back home, ended up at some house party, shagged a fat bird, then 6.00 am, headed back to levenshume. wallkind down the kingsway, 6.30am, sobering up, can of cold carling in me hand, as the sun rose. was something else. the night wasnt brilliant, but just walking down the kingsway as the sun came up, only person on the street, it was amazing.

other notable mint nights include the night one of the none showing lads, and another close male mate got kicked out of footage, and me, the close female mates from above, her boyfriend, and my male mates girlfriend, ended up in kitch, only to find out, theyd ended up in satans, i didnt get stupid drunk, i pulled a pretty mint bird, but it wasnt your usual sloppy messed up night, everything was just cool, kinda like the night above.

also leeds festival this year. other than that, theres been some mint times, but theres nothing i can single out as being the best moment in my life.