F1

Fish-Finger-er

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually don't know what to say to this other than he got lucky (sprinkle expletives to suit)! Don't want to hear anything about the halos anymore either!

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2020/11/2020_Bahrain_Grand_Prix__Grosjean_escapes_huge_crash_and_fire_at_race_start.html

Edited by Topsy

Alright TF: Hamilton's out due to Covid-19. Places your bets now on who takes his seat.

- Waffle Vonbadger has been at the circuit, and is their reserve driver so is probably good to go and the 'safe' option.

- Kubica was there driving for Williams, so could jump in George's car again and George could get the bump up to the big boy team.

- Hulkenberg has some sharpies and can cross out the 'Racing Point' on those overhauls from a few weeks ago.

- Stroll has wheelbarrows of cash on standby at all times.

Side bet: will they beat Bottas in the race? Dude seems to have totally checked out over the past few weeks so you never know.

8 hours ago, Mark W said:

- Kubica was there driving for Williams, so could jump in George's car again and George could get the bump up to the big boy team.

I'd like to see this one.

Not sure how to call it though, either way whoever goes in that car it'll be interesting!

Well it's all down to Bottas now to secure 2nd place in drivers standings after qualifying behind pole sitter Verstappen.

https://youtu.be/3MYC6YLkfJw

Lewis was quiet after finishing 3rd, but did he really think he could get pole after recovering from COVID-19. 

Will Lewis play a supporting role to help Bottas secure 2nd, or will he go all out to try and win the final race of the season.

https://youtu.be/qdf-7a4tPRk

Edited by Rusevelt

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Full Rusebot mode:

- Verstappen quickest in FP1: is the season over already for Mercedes?

- Yuki Tsunoda hit rage mode and dropped an F-bomb for being slightly held up: is he feeling the pressure from Red Bull and when is Kvyat taking his seat back?

- Nicolas Marzipan was last: is the extra weight from all the baggage of being a sexually assaulting, racist, homophobic piece of shit slowing him down?

- Sprint races in lieu of qualifying for 3 events this year (British, Italian and Brazilian Grands Prix): are all the engines going to explode, and is there enough carbon fibre to make all those spare front wings?

• Like 1

Man I have paid so little attention to F1 recently... Didn't know Carlos was at Ferrari, Ricciardo was at McLaren or Perez was at RB. Never even heard of Yuki... 

In other news I've started watching the F1 Drive to Survive series on Netflix which is quite well done, a good reminder of what went on a few years ago and reigniting some interest in F1.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2021 at 5:59 PM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Man I have paid so little attention to F1 recently... Didn't know Carlos was at Ferrari, Ricciardo was at McLaren or Perez was at RB. Never even heard of Yuki... 

In other news I've started watching the F1 Drive to Survive series on Netflix which is quite well done, a good reminder of what went on a few years ago and reigniting some interest in F1.

Completely agree - they’ve done a great job on that series. I’m on third season and it has definitely reignited my interest 

• Like 2

On 02/04/2021 at 6:09 AM, Rusevelt said:

Apart from this clip that made it seem Romain was in the car for a long time...

More than made up for by the use of a Mercedes double stop pit stop on the intro to the Bottas episode. Such a clever little touch.

Before watching the first season when it came out I assumed it'd be balls, but I think they did really well with it. I learned a lot from watching it, which I wasn't really expecting (assumed it'd just be a fairly light review of events, rather than showing Horner and Cyril giving each other some savage digs in the paddock around the time Ricciardo made the switch). They did drag out the Grosjean crash in that second-to-last episode but I can kind of see why they did in terms of how they put that edit together.

On 26/03/2021 at 5:59 PM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

I've been watching this over the past few days. I've not really bothered following F1 in recent years (and not much before that either) as I tend to find most races a bit dull on the most part, so I'd occasionally just watch highlights if I heard it was a decent race. The Netflix series have been decent, and give snippets of the interesting bits from race weekends as well as some of the backstage/behind the scenes bits that you woulddn't otherwise see, and that are often more interesting the the action on track. Works well :)

• Like 1