F1

Fish-Finger-er

Malaysia was the most entertaining F1 race I've seen in ages...

Seriously? I'd have said Brazil last year was maybe a little more entertaining?... Sunday's race was just a bit 'meh'. Anything that happens in the pits doesn't count, Alonso was in the first two laps (oh how I laughed), Mercedes team orders were embarrassing to watch and Red Bull's were a little more entertaining but same old, same old.

Firstly, there was the contrast of the Mercedes and Red Bull drivers approach regarding team orders.
That ruined it for me, I understand there is strategies and tactics in all sports, but 'nico, stay we're you are' doesn't make for a very entertaining race. Hope the controversy over these few orders holds them back from dishing them out, it'd be nice yo see some proper racing!

like Rich J, I fell asleep watching Australia,

I only fell asleep cos I was tired! I wanted to watch it all.

Im in two minds now about it the Redbull situation. First I'd like to think a team is a team, it's so early in the season and unless something had gone drastically wrong they would have held first and second gaining maximum constructor points. Webber has taken and complied with orders before whether he liked them or not, but Vettel isn't used to that but why shouldn't he listen? What if they'd crashed or one had been pushed off the track?

However I also see it as a race, he wanted that win and so he took it. If it came down to the last race of the season and he was points short of the title due to listening to orders he'd be pissed.

I'd like to see Webber fight Vettel more now, show him he's not the golden boy and he can be touched.

Dunno if it's just me but I think webber backed Out to prevent an accident. He threw it a bit wide to let vettel through just after that tight complex.

I just wish Kimi was up in the mix this weekend, I'd like to see him do well this season. What's happened to Petrov anyway?

Deserved but at the same time there just shouldn't have been any team orders in the first place.

I don't want to see teams of cars cruising around the track not challenging each other just to please the teams.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has not watched Chinese qualifying don't read on ;)

Anyway it was a great result for Hamilton. Really shows people his move to Mercedes was a good one. Also decent effort from raikonenn, especially to say he was the first one to do the last of the flying laps. I'm not sure vettels and buttons tactical descisions were the right ones. I think there is too much traffic in front on option tyres to make it count. Also who thinks mark webber was thinking, "no I'm not signing a contract for red bull again."

• Like 1

If anyone has not watched Chinese qualifying don't read on ;)

Anyway it was a great result for Hamilton. Really shows people his move to Mercedes was a good one. Also decent effort from raikonenn, especially to say he was the first one to do the last of the flying laps. I'm not sure vettels and buttons tactical descisions were the right ones. I think there is too much traffic in front on option tyres to make it count. Also who thinks mark webber was thinking, "no I'm not signing a contract for red bull again."

I doubt Hamliton will be able to make good use of his tyres as we know how quickly they go off. Button and Vettel will the main two drivers to watch on the harder compound as they both did a tactical slow qualifier in Q3.

I somehow managed to get up early enough and stay awake through the whole race. Good job it was an exciting one!

The replays still do my head in though, especially at the start of the race when lots of stuff is happening.

• 4 weeks later...