F1

Fish-Finger-er

I like that a team called Red Bull are having problems with their energy recovery system :) Although obviously somewhat to do with Renault.

I've had an extra screen up this week with the live updates from BBC and Sky, it's been fun. Whaddya think of the sounds Adam? Personally I'm loving the whines that they're making on spool and recovery, and the actual engine note itself is a grower.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of getting back into F1 this year, (got bored when KERS came in and haven't bothered since).

McLaren have always been my favourite team and Button my favourite driver so I'm well happy!

Racing was pretty awesome today. I have watched around 1 race per year for the last 2-3 years, and it always seemed like a precession to me. Was an awesome race today though! Lots of twitchy cars going sideways and overtaking and drama. :)

Seems weird they just don't tweak the volumes for broadcast - it'd be easy enough. I know the engines are quieter, but it seemed like the 'ambient' volume compared to the commentary volume was pretty low.

EDIT: Just listened to it with my headphones on and the ambient noises are a bit better, but still seem all over the place from section to section. Love the sound of the new engines though, prefer it to the mental "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" of the old ones!

I really liked the fact they look like they are driving on the edge so far, with plenty of opposite lock action, some great overtaking moves already too. The rest of the season looks very promising :)

I do miss the lovely v8 sound though. :ermm:

http://wtf1.co.uk/f1-2013-vs-f1-2014-first-lap-comparison-video/

Anyone who thinks the new cars sound better needs their head looking at :P

They're obviously nowhere near as loud, but I just like the variation in noises you get with the newer engines. The old ones just seemed to be a total wall of noise that covered up everything, whereas the new engines all seem to have a fairly different sound to each other, plus have all the other noises going on too. When they're braking or accelerating hard they just sound really cool...

EDIT: Pretty good reason for you to head over to Spa though so you could compare them under the same circumstances. It'd be important, for science.