F1

Fish-Finger-er

Seems weird they just don't tweak the volumes for broadcast - it'd be easy enough. I know the engines are quieter, but it seemed like the 'ambient' volume compared to the commentary volume was pretty low.

From an F1 blog:

"Having heard the cars on track, the noise was most surprising when watching back the TV footage of the race this weekend. Many fans who attended the Melbourne race have commented on various forums that whilst the noise of the new V6 turbos is different, it was not disappointing. One fan suggested his seat vibrated during the downshift – and was pleased with this unexpected effect...

Yet the TV coverage appears to have significantly failed to represent the sound fans were actually hearing on track. Whether there is some mischief afoot with the Ecclestone owned FOM TV only time will tell, A source I know engaged in outside sports broadcasting believes the mix between the volume of the commentators and the track microphones was simply incorrect."

• 2 weeks later...

F.errari I.nternal A.ssistance at it again today. No need to stop Q2 but Alonso's car needed fixing so it was only fair everyone else had to stop and wait. LIBERTYS

Anyway good from Hammy but Vetel really out to prove himself now. Only now has he got the opportunity to show how well he can really drive in a car which should be 1 second off the pace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Renault have gone massively wrong somewhere in my opinion, they just seem to lack the pull of the Mercedes powered cars.

Vettels a chump no matter how you look at him, doesn't listen to the team, throws his dummy out when Horner's not blowing him off an unless he's in the fastest car he sucks. I don't particularly like Hamilton, but as a young driver in F1 I think he comes across far less of a douche when it's not going his way.

I am surprised the RBs aren't quicker thou with Newey on board, his stuffs usually cream of the crop.

Maldonado is a liability, sooner or later someone will get hurt seriously driving against him. I bet he's cost lotus a fortune already!

He almost killed, severly injured, a marshall in Monacco when racing in lower formula. His super licence was taken off him and he was banned for life.

The wonders what a little money will do...

I am surprised the RBs aren't quicker thou with Newey on board, his stuffs usually cream of the crop.

From the sounds of things, Newey's partially the reason they lost a lot of running during testing because of his design which exacerbated the overheating problem. He's caused similar issues with previous cars too. Him not taking heed of what Renault were saying would be required for the packaging of their engines combined with Renault generally f**king everything up has done them over.

The actual layout/format of the Mercedes just seems way better when you look at it though. This article is pretty informative, and when you read it it makes you wonder why no-one else did it.

Renault have gone massively wrong somewhere in my opinion, they just seem to lack the pull of the Mercedes powered cars.

Vettels a chump no matter how you look at him, doesn't listen to the team, throws his dummy out when Horner's not blowing him off an unless he's in the fastest car he sucks. I don't particularly like Hamilton, but as a young driver in F1 I think he comes across far less of a douche when it's not going his way.

I agree with your thoughts on vettel, he's nothing but a petulant child when things don't go his way, and he is a bad loser. And an even worse winner. Nobody likes a smug German b*****d at the best of times and when he wins, it makes me want to punch him in the face. When he loses, all you get is the bottom lip out and the not listening to team orders thing. He's a willy. I would love Hamilton to win it, because when he went to Mercedes they were shite, and he did a good job developing the car to get it to where it is now. Shows how god a job Maclaren did of teaching him his craft

• Like 1

he's nothing but a petulant child when things don't go his way, and he is a bad loser. And an even worse winner. Nobody likes a smug German b*****d at the best of times and when he wins, it makes me want to punch him in the face. When he loses, all you get is the bottom lip out and the not listening to team orders thing. He's a willy.

Couldn't agree more.

It's interesting what Alonso said about Vettel last year. It was only what all the other drivers were thinking but he had the balls to say it! http://www.espn.co.uk/ferrari/motorsport/story/140447.html

Couldn't agree more.

It's interesting what Alonso said about Vettel last year. It was only what all the other drivers were thinking but he had the balls to say it! http://www.espn.co.uk/ferrari/motorsport/story/140447.html

Yeah I remember watching the interview at the time. It's not quite a Prost/senna level of rivalry, but it's getting that way. I remember the drivers press conference before the season started and Alonso pretty much sat through the whole interview with his shoulder/back turned on Vettel. I think Alonso is the better driver. The red bull car from last year flattered both of them, where as the Ferrari hasn't, and its been driver skill and race craft that has made Alonso who he is now

Vettel is a racer, through and through.

Senna and Prost were no different, still two of the best drivers in history. Senna was infamous for throwing his toys out the pram, refusing to race and causing people to change legislation, rulings, team orders and structure for him. He also happened to always have one of the best cars on the field.

High horses and all that jazz, but I don't see how Vettel is any different to any world class top performing sportsman.

Edited by Pashley26

I don't see how Vettel is any different to any world class top performing sportsman.

He's been hailed as 'da best evaarrzz!' but in reality it's just that he's had the best equipment.

Obviously Ricciardo is no slouch, but the way he's whupped Vettel's ass so far this year is pretty telling I think...

• Like 3

For those of you who missed this......http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b042rbmg/Panorama_Bernie_Ecclestone_Lies_Bribes_and_Formula_One/

Makes you wonder what will pan out for Formula 1, when we enter Spain in a few weeks time. Will anyone around the F1 paddock talk, will BBC be permitted to show coverage of sheduled planned races, will be business as usual without Bernie parading the F1 circuit.

_74490427_74490376.jpg

Edited by Rusevelt