New Henbike " Poo Hubs "

Danny Swindlehurst

Not particularly. Fly experimented with using them on their stems but didn't want to use them because of the risk of them snapping (Not really in a "oh my god MY STEM KILLED ME" way, just in a "How's this coming out?" way), and other companies who used to use hollow bolts now don't. That one looks a bit more substantial width-wise than most other bolts I've seen, but yeah, I'm still going to remain sceptical/skeptical/however it's spelt.

Which will be about 50-80g.

Denied.

Not denied,

Cause if your serious about weight? you get the axle tapped and use ti bolts and washers, just like that pooooo hub has.

so adds roughly 15 grams.

so an etra 10g ish over for the use of a disk brake isnt bad, considering 90 percent of riders use a front disc.

:P

Sorry but that hub does seem utterly not thought about.

Edited by Christophe'

Not denied,

Cause if your serious about weight? you get the axle tapped and use ti bolts and washers, just like that pooooo hub has.

so adds roughly 15 grams.

so an etra 10g ish over for the use of a disk brake isnt bad, considering 90 percent of riders use a front disc.

:P

Sorry but that hub does seem utterly not thought about.

Hub modification = denied (again)

Sorry couldn't resist.

But as for the hollow bolts thing, i can't see a problem. I wouldn't be jumping down sets, or rather i wouldn't be jumping down sets to both wheels or front wheel.

It may well just be down to the pics, but the hub doesn't appear to have been ground all that well after being machined?

Not quite such an issue on the ones with an additional finish, but the plain ones at least could do with being finished a little better

Ground? I think they don't bother treating the raw ones. I think you mean polished though?

Ground? I think they don't bother treating the raw ones. I think you mean polished though?

I know exactly what I mean ;)

Not ground as in whacking it to an angle grinder like you would a rim, but most products along these sort of lines (at least, those produced well) will be ground smooth to give a perfect finish

Polishing is quite different, though would also be a nice finish on the silver models

Hub modification = denied (again)

Sorry couldn't resist.

But as for the hollow bolts thing, i can't see a problem. I wouldn't be jumping down sets, or rather i wouldn't be jumping down sets to both wheels or front wheel.

not denied again..........

Hope offer the threaded axle option on new hubs :sleeping: so not a mod realy.

wake up all you experts :giggle:

Would it make you moist, if it was anodised?

I think Soviet bearings definately deserve some cool points.

The last time I bought anything anodised anything other than black was a pair of blue Try-All rims over 3 years ago :P

While im at it,

Spoke holes look a tad big too me??

Flange width seems big and has no taper+has no inwards angle? (not very spoke friendly).

Yep, even more noticeable in this pic:

32a954d335e3.jpg

Hub name change, to ToyZZHUB ? Not quite sure what it means :S ?

It means that yet again they've totally missed the "Pick a good name for your products/company" point.

I wouldn't be jumping down sets, or rather i wouldn't be jumping down sets to both wheels or front wheel.

Pussy ;)

I know exactly what I mean ;)

Not ground as in whacking it to an angle grinder like you would a rim, but most products along these sort of lines (at least, those produced well) will be ground smooth to give a perfect finish

Polishing is quite different, though would also be a nice finish on the silver models

You certainly wouldn't grind the exterior of the hub for a good finish, that's not worth it and it doesn't need the precision of cylindrical grinding.

The turning just needs to be slowed down a little, The finish on the raw aluminum hub doesn't look that bad, just needs sorting a little up the side of the flange. With it being aluminum you should be able to get a very good finish, much better than it is.

I think the flanges need a bit of a chamfer too.

The actual look of the hub just seems very plain looking. Nothing makes it stand out from other hubs in the same market.

It also just seems a bit over built, but that may not be a bad thing it just depends on the type of riding it's aimed for. I don't get the impression it's getting marketed as a heavy duty/big rider hub, maybe this is what they need to do?

Generally we chuck anything like this on a cyclic grind to give a top finish - you're right in that it's not essential for the function, but I know that in order for me to at least become vaguely interested in this product (or any of their line at present), they're going to need to do something to make me want it.

At the moment, there's nothing special/significant enough to make me want to try one of these - They're heavier, not so atttractive looking, and quite probably more expensive (looking at their other kit so far) than many rival products (Hope, Deng etc)