New Henbike " Poo Hubs "

Danny Swindlehurst

I'm not jumping on the Hen bashing bandwagon cos I quite like it.

There's only so much you can do with a front hub to distinguish it from others an I quite like the raw finish of this. Okay, it's called 'Poo', but I can imagine alot of riders just jizzing in their pants at the thought of making witty remarks while on big group rides like: 'look ive got a poo in the middle of my wheel lmao' *proceeds to masturbate*

I'm not jumping on the Hen bashing bandwagon cos I quite like it.

I want to like HEN products, I really do, but everything I've seen appears to have been poorly thought out and nothing special. As an example off the top of my head, and one of the first products that was 'released' in here, the headset which uses a caphead bolt sticking out of the topcap rather than being counterbored or using a countersunk bolt to make it look as it should. Really basic, easy to do things that they just don't seem to 'get'.

e1b0a7f98721.jpg

The one thing they've done that looks right is the Magura TPA replacement but you can't really go wrong with that!!

Edit: actually, I like the idea of the sprocket with integrated spanner flats but they don't seem to have made it to production.

fedd8a3b0511.jpg

Also love the product masses correct to 6 decimal places, copied straight from the CAD package... :P

Those sprockets are a brilliant idea! As long as the hexagon is on the outside so that you can put it in a vice to get the sprocket off, I'll actually buy one the next time I need one.

Not sure on the longevity of a titanium sprocket though, reckon the teeth would last you a couple of months at most :D

Looks sh*t...It looks like a hub youd get on a bike from 'Toys r Us'...

or a jonny milton stylee ashton!?

See that's the thing, I want to like them. Nicely machined and well thought out components would be good to see, but they're not giving me much to work with!!

here have a hug ({)(})

Edited by ben_travis

This style of hub is the basement for most of the hubs out there at the moment.

Agree that it maybe over built for a front trials hub. Obviously if the axle is smaller then the bearings bigger and the shell smaller which should overall be better. But oversized bolts are good especially for the heavy handed.

Yeah it's simple, but i'd rather take that that something has extra bits in. At 156 grams i'd say that's pretty damn light.

I'd pay for it provided the quality was good. It doesn't have to be cnc'd to work correctly.

But i can see what people are getting at as one of the Echo hubs were like this and that wasn't too great when it came to precise measurements. But then again that's made in China and this Russia?

what exactly can you do in terms of crazy new concepts for a front hub. maybe the shell should be fluro and pre drilled out

is no more basic than any other front hub. look at hope, simple works and their hubs are popular

i like it, nice and simple with good lines would prob be popular in the bmx world

Edited by 26inch

Hollow bolts = nooooo thanks. I don't own a drill, so having to constantly try and find new and inventive ways to remove them when they shear because they can't handle the load of being tightened sounds like pure hassle simply to run a pretty boring, not at all special hub. Unless the hollow bolts and related issues were the 'special' part of it, in which case I'd probably class myself as not being 'special' enough to want to buy it.

Hollow bolts = nooooo thanks. I don't own a drill, so having to constantly try and find new and inventive ways to remove them when they shear because they can't handle the load of being tightened sounds like pure hassle simply to run a pretty boring, not at all special hub. Unless the hollow bolts and related issues were the 'special' part of it, in which case I'd probably class myself as not being 'special' enough to want to buy it.

That's fair enough, but all of the Echo variant front hubs have hollow bolts and I've never seen or heard of anyone shearing those bolts, there must be a fair few of those hubs sold over the years. Maybe your terminator arms are just too strong?