Your Resting Heart Rate

doopdoopbedoop

You must be rather fit as that's only 8 a minute higher than the lowest ever recorded in a healthy human...

maybe i counted wrong BUT i do have an abnormal left lung.

don't do the 30 secs then x2 whole minute 47 ha ha yer im not so fit :(

Edited by davey1991

mine like 76 lol been sat down most the day, now is that like really bad and i need to really start to excise?

No that's perfectly normal. Anything less than 100 is 'normal' (In fact, anything less than 60 might be considered abnormal) and like I said I don't believe it's got a whole lot to do with doing exercise. Don't worry, sure you're fitter than me :P

bout 55, blood pressure is the wierd one though.

its about 55or60 / 115 . dunno how accurate them digital monitors are, was like 11£ from a pharmacy

Not that accurate, but apparently they are fairly reliable - I.e. you can see if your BP is going up or down.

The real test is to monitor your heart rate after a 20-30min ride session (without little rest) to see how well your heart copes with doing something strenuous. All of us can at least walk, or casually jog for 30mins, but to ride for that duration is a different test of fitness altogether.

The real test is to monitor your heart rate after a 20-30min ride session (without little rest) to see how well your heart copes with doing something strenuous. All of us can at least walk, or casually jog for 30mins, but to ride for that duration is a different test of fitness altogether.

I can jog for about 30 steps more like lol. Not ridden a trials bike in 3 years properly and the XC bike in over a year now.

• 2 months later...

So this story begins with this thread.

I was sat counting my heart beats when i felt my heart rattle off 4 beats in the time it usually takes to beat once. I've been suffering from anxiety and been kind of panicky for no reason for about a month before (on and off) but this kind of made everything worse. So i went to the docs to get checked out. I went to the docs a week before I left to goto the USA, and he basically just checked my heart and blood pressure, which was quite high.

So i went to the docs again in the usa, had to go see the 'financial counselor' who told me that my insurance was useless, and i'd have to pay cash to see the doc. $180! However i got $70 of that back because it was a quick visit.

I left but decided to go back and it was worrying me too much and i paid the money and went to see the doc, who checked everything and told me i should have an ekg which would cost me $115. I said no as he said it's probably just stress.

Aaaaaannnyyyy way i had a few more palpitations so i decided to go back and get an ekg, they said i have pvc, and it's nothing to worry about and is brought on by stress.

So yeah, whoever started this thread cost me $225, which is about £160. But it's a load of my mind and worth the money

:)

So my resting heart rate is 56.

mine like 76 lol been sat down most the day, now is that like really bad and i need to really start to excise?

Same here!

But that's not the game :ermm:

72 but i am full of booze. Does alcohol affect it?

But it seemed to speed up as i was counting it. Maybe my heart got nervous and though WTF you counting me for?

I laughed so hard I peed a little!