Christmas Sucks...

MadManMike

Seriously. Why is it so hard to pick gifts?

Sure, I could go out and buy a gift set of Lynx for £4, but that's just the same old... I'm buying for 3 older brothers.

We've all agreed on around £10 each for presents, for that I can't find anything good. I really don't want to get them the same old tacky giftsets from Boots or whatever.

For the sake of my sanity, someone PLEASE show me something cool for around a tenner!!

When I see scores of morons ramming bags full of useless tat in the shops at this time of year, I don't know whether to be amused at how stupid they're being, or angry that this is what's become of us.

In my family we agree not to spend more than £20 on anyone else, and I think that's good. I hate the way Christmas has become ruled by retailers and greedy kids, like the threads you get on here along the lines of "I've got £400 from my parents this xmas, tell me what bike to get". It's just sad really when you see mothers in Argos trying to split a big purchase over 3 cards, and you have to think, is it really worth it? And are we doing it because we want to, or because it's become a culture in this country to blow a load of money in December?

When I see scores of morons ramming bags full of useless tat in the shops at this time of year, I don't know whether to be amused at how stupid they're being, or angry that this is what's become of us.

In my family we agree not to spend more than £20 on anyone else, and I think that's good. I hate the way Christmas has become ruled by retailers and greedy kids, like the threads you get on here along the lines of "I've got £400 from my parents this xmas, tell me what bike to get". It's just sad really when you see mothers in Argos trying to split a big purchase over 3 cards, and you have to think, is it really worth it? And are we doing it because we want to, or because it's become a culture in this country to blow a load of money in December?

Exactly.

I didn't wanna be a statistic in Argos' budget sheets. I hate places like BHS, that are stocked wall-to-wall with £5 giftsets of useless shite you'll probably not use.

(Sorry bro, but that bathroom set you bought me hasn't come out of my bathroom cabinet...)

Why not just agree you'll buy something that they want? Doesnt matter how much or how little it is, from a week's wages down to a few pence. This only works if you have the money in your pocket though, skint people try to do it and get in hefty debt unfortunately.

Right, I've got everything now for my mum, dad, sis, grandad, mums partner... everything but the girlfriend... She's stupidly difficult to buy for when I have a big budget, let alone when that budget is £20 and I hear she might be getting me an xbox 360. Not a good situation. I have no idea what to get her, clothes are always wrong, she's a knock off nigel when it comes to films, doesn't really have any hobbies except her degree in medicine which I know nothing about! Anyone got any random ideas? You never know, someone might come up with something quality.

Anyone got any random ideas? You never know, someone might come up with something quality.

Meh i got the girl im thinking about going out with a second hand wooden leg off ebay, if your girlfriends into medical studies and stuff, may be of some interest to her, although to be honest, its not her main present, its just a stocking filler.

Edited by Fish-Finger-er