Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Thanks

For the rosette inlay I cut and filed each piece of pearl individually by hand, (apart from the inside radius for which I made a sanding drum). The inlay channel was routed out using a dremel tool attached to a special router base which pivots on a pin to cut a circle.

It's loud! super responsive bright sparkly top end but balanced enough, great for finger picking. It still has a decent low end for it's size although note as warm as a dreadnought.

The body shape is based on a 1905 Washburn parlour guitar, it's an old design which has ladder braces instead of 'X' bracing.

Edited by rocky111
  • Like 2

Thanks

For the rosette inlay I cut and filed each piece of pearl individually by hand, (apart from the inside radius for which I made a sanding drum). The inlay channel was routed out using a dremel tool attached to a special router base which pivots on a pin to cut a circle.

It's loud! super responsive bright sparkly top end but balanced enough, great for finger picking. It still has a decent low end for it's size although note as warm as a dreadnought.

The body shape is based on a 1905 Washburn parlour guitar, it's an old design which has ladder braces instead of 'X' bracing.

That's seriously impressive man. All your time and effort sure seems to have paid off and you've got something you can be proud of until the day you die theoretically.

I play a Martin 00-15 and love the sound and proportions of little parlour and grand concert guitars. Never been a fan of dreadnaughts.

Have you drilled it for a pickup or will it remain faithfully acoustic?

Yeah dreadnought is a bit of an ugly shape they'r designed to be easily mass produced. No pick up at the moment although I may fit a Fishman under saddle. You gotta spend allot to get a half decent sounding acoustic pick up. Hard to beat the sound of a good condenser mic.

Took me a good 7 months to make, but I probably wouldn't get much for it. People don't realise that most factory guitars are made in 48 hours. They actually microwave joints, to set the glue off quicker and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Just this weekend bought an Epiphone Les Paul Custom second hand off someone I knew. Amazing guitar and in great nick too.

Cant honestly say I can play guitar properly but I've been playing bass for a while now and am hoping I can both get decent at guitar and at the same time improve my bass playing.

Note: Instagram quality picture

1383398_677947455549307_807363297_n.jpg

On a similar but not similar note I have been considering stripping down one of my bass guitars to a stained wood finish. My mate said that being a black guitar wood would be stained too much to get a nice finish out of it but I'm still curious. Anyone done it before that would have advice on what to do?

• 1 month later...

Need some general advice boys and girls, as I'm going to be getting a 2x12 cab built. I've been putting it off for years as I've just been using my little Laney 30 combo whenever I play guitar, but now I'm going to be running my electric drums through that so it's kicking me into putting something together. The reason I'm going to be getting it built rather than buying one is because my Kustom amp is rather wide and always hangs over regular sized cabs.

A good friend of mine is a woodworker by trade, so he'll be putting it together for me and it should be of pretty high quality, so that leaves speakers. I'm naturally leaning towards a sound that I know works - I really enjoyed my guitar sound on the Pocket Rocket album and that was using my head with an Orange 2x12, so I figured I'd get one each of Celestions Vintage 30 and G12 as I'm pretty sure that's what they run. Anyone got any other suggestions? My sound is heavily influenced by the likes of Reuben, old Biffy Clyro and the like, as well as wanting to get that crunchy blues rock feel a-la The Black Keys or The Dead Weather. Obviously guitar and pedal choice makes a big difference, but I just didn't want to overlook any options speaker wise...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I currently only have a bass amp and cant afford to buy me a guitar amp so I had been looking at temporary alternatives to be able to improve my guitar playing. I bought a cheap Chinese USB plug in thing called Guitar Link, it would be alright if it didn't have nearly half a second delay in it. I dont care much about that really, sorta expected it.

Anyone have some decent alternatives plug in devices to play an electric guitar though a computer? I'll be running Reaper on the computer. I have no idea about the rest...

Other than a 6 year old iPod I dont have anything Apple. Only Android unfortunately. Im not worried about being super complicated with anything, just want to be able to hear myself so I can learn to play cleanly

Just run your guitar through your bass amp, you won't get the best tone in the world but you should be able to get an okay clean tone. Use your bridge pickup and set the EQ trebly on the amp and it'll do. It'll be as good at least as running a guitar straight in to a cheap piece of software with no proper pre-amp etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A friend of mine asked me to repair/recolour his 70s strat a few weeks ago and it sparked my interest in guitars again. I bought a fender telecaster about 4/5 years ago, looked at it for 6 months then it went in the parents loft never to be seen until I moved out, then it only went on ebay.

After repainting my friends (I'll grab pictures next time I see him, he gave me free reign on the colour and the brief was anything not boring, so a 3stage candy turquoise it was. It looked beautiful with gold/cream finishes) I realised how f**king cool a well finished guitar looks, so I've bought 3 for restoration and to use as 'show' pieces, an example of my refinishing abilities more then anything. Having them laid about has got me watching youtube tutorials :lol:. Not bad to say they were supposed to be decorations...

I've bought 2 epiphone Les Paul (a friends dad had a Gibson LP in sunburst when I was younger and it used to look gorgeous) and a 70s LP in desperate need of a resto (came with a hardcase that was full of late 70s-90s gig ticket stubs which are cool as! Missus has plans to make a collage with them) , I'll restore them all then after much photographing flog 2 and just keep my favorite. So far my fingers are battered and I've just about pieced CAGED together. So far for everything 'proper' I've learnt, I've treated myself with a snippet of a song so I feel like I'm getting somewhere/something to show off with.

My biggest trouble is getting clean chords without catching other strings while on the frets, it's getting easier but still have the odd slip, anyone any tips?

• Like 1

i play with control......just up the road from you in crawley, although we never gig in crawley. all over the world...but not our home town? crazy!!

who did you play with?

A friend of mine asked me to repair/recolour his 70s strat a few weeks ago and it sparked my interest in guitars again. I bought a fender telecaster about 4/5 years ago, looked at it for 6 months then it went in the parents loft never to be seen until I moved out, then it only went on ebay.

After repainting my friends (I'll grab pictures next time I see him, he gave me free reign on the colour and the brief was anything not boring, so a 3stage candy turquoise it was. It looked beautiful with gold/cream finishes) I realised how f**king cool a well finished guitar looks, so I've bought 3 for restoration and to use as 'show' pieces, an example of my refinishing abilities more then anything. Having them laid about has got me watching youtube tutorials :lol:. Not bad to say they were supposed to be decorations...

I've bought 2 epiphone Les Paul (a friends dad had a Gibson LP in sunburst when I was younger and it used to look gorgeous) and a 70s LP in desperate need of a resto (came with a hardcase that was full of late 70s-90s gig ticket stubs which are cool as! Missus has plans to make a collage with them) , I'll restore them all then after much photographing flog 2 and just keep my favorite. So far my fingers are battered and I've just about pieced CAGED together. So far for everything 'proper' I've learnt, I've treated myself with a snippet of a song so I feel like I'm getting somewhere/something to show off with.

My biggest trouble is getting clean chords without catching other strings while on the frets, it's getting easier but still have the odd slip, anyone any tips?

no...being a bassist....but would love to see the restored guitars!!! bet the candy looks better in the flesh!!

Agile Interceptor 828. It's got a 28.625" neck which I actually really like. Locked the stupid Kahler bridge straight away. Got it for £390 shipped which is pretty good cheap considering you have to import these from the US then included shipping and customs, and there's that Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the neck which is over £100 itself. It's also been refretted so nice new frets!

6425_10152334777884650_15288969471122752

• Like 1