Does Anyone Have Any Interesting Family Members?

NVWOCI WVS

I was talking to my dad, the other day, about his family and where he grew up etc, and I realised how little I knew about my relatively close family.

My whole dad's side of the family is from East London, and he moved away when he was in his twentys. I never met any of my great grandparents, but apparently, his Grandfather was 'connected', and when he died he was burried in a full blown mafia grave, in a mafia graveyard and all of his money just instantly dissapeared (apparently he was pretty well off). I didn't know any of this until a couple of weeks ago, but I thought it was pretty ineresting, and I was amazed I knew nothing about my family more than 2 generations ago!

Anyone else got some stories like this?

My Grandad, who's dead now, was a mechanic in the RAF during WW2, following which, he was part of Sir Frank Whittle's team that developed and built the first jet engine. he got an OBE for his contribution to the project.

Sadly he died before my parents were even married and I don't really know much about him.

My mums dad was an RAF mechanic and my dad mums partner was a commando in ww2 :) Both dead now :(

My uncle was on the design team for the hubble telescope and helped designed one of the satellites that were destroyed in the ariane 5 rocket in 2002.

The family on my mums side is related to Charlotte Corday, a famous murderess during the french revolution, and on my dads side is related to Shakespeare (only through marriage).

Theres probably something else Ive forgotten :D

My great grandad was part of the team that invented and fitted the first ever beepy thing on a boat (morse code things) and worked on early radar.

My Dad helped to build a world speedway champions motorbike, totally custom on behalf of a company called Westlakes (famous in sidecar racing)

My fake grandad was in the SAS during WW2 and has loads of amaing storys. And has 3 fingers missing and shrapnel in his lef to prove it

My real grandad never mentioned anything about his time in the army.

My uncle played for Oxford in the famous Oxford VS Cambridge match at the old Wemberly

Edited by Simpson

My Great Uncle is a millionaire and also used to deep sea dive for Army and stuff. Also one of the people who has private army's which he rents in country's in Africa and stuff. Only met him once, he gives us nothing.

Grandad and Great Grandad both used to play for Leicester rugby team.

Edit: Just realised that sounds like such bullshit, it's not :P

Edited by Jed