T-f Car Meet V93 - October 11th - Rock Of Gibraltar

Prawny Baby

150~ odd miles. Hmmm. If it's in like 2 months i'd think about making it. That's like 60-70 in fuel though, ouch.

Maybe us southerners should have a mini meet and then the northerners can move theirs up a bit, as that's a massive amount of fuel for me with my bank balance. :P

150~ odd miles. Hmmm. If it's in like 2 months i'd think about making it. That's like 60-70 in fuel though, ouch.

Maybe us southerners should have a mini meet and then the northerners can move theirs up a bit, as that's a massive amount of fuel for me with my bank balance. :P

Is that, 150 each way?? because i know youve got a pretty performance orientated car.... but even at the lower end of that pricing, thats 13 gallons in fuel

I really hope your getting more than 12 to the gallon, and to be honest, even if it was each way, id kind of be expecting you to get more than 24 mpg.

Is that, 150 each way?? because i know youve got a pretty performance orientated car.... but even at the lower end of that pricing, thats 13 gallons in fuel

I really hope your getting more than 12 to the gallon, and to be honest, even if it was each way, id kind of be expecting you to get more than 24 mpg.

My B16 Civic used to return 30mpg on the raggedy edge, and 40mpg when just cruising...

I heard that B20's generally were better on fuel (like for like tunes of course) due to the added torque meaning less time needed in high rpm's for general driving. However, I've never got round to my B20 conversion so can't say this for sure.

John, I like your thinking for a drive up that way, I'd be up for that too (as you can tell my 17mpg doesn't stop me getting about :P )

Milton Keynes again? :-

If I ever get the Mini done, I'll be up for this! Was good last time. I'll go as far as Birmingham I think, pretty easy route from where I am, M40 - M6. :)

Want a race to finish the minis?

I cant drive up in the Metro, thats no fun.

This sounds interesting! I'm no good with the routes/roads up that way, but if you fancy putting a little something together, count me in!

As for the meet, I'm still thinking The Fleece Inn, unless anyone has an real/serious objections?

Plenty of nice roads up Cumbria way. Here's part of a route we're driving in the summer :D

post-984-1235428878_thumb.jpg

I always get annoyed when people who are enthusiastic, passionate about modifying cars moan about Fuel Bills, if thats a majour concern, your in the wrong game.

I don't know about others, but i certainly don't have enough disposable income to spunk almost a months worth of fuel in a day. I'd much rather spend 15 odd a week and go for the odd blat on local roads then travel 300 miles on motorway. :P

The minimum i'd do 300 miles for is 45-50 quid, but i'm pretty sure it'd be closer to 60. Never did long journeys in B20 but it was working out about same as the B16 from the little i drove it.

The minimum i'd do 300 miles for is 45-50 quid, but i'm pretty sure it'd be closer to 60.

I wouldn't winge too much, 300 miles is about £110 for me.

But, I knew what I was buying and that the price for a V8 was really in the running of it. Wouldn't have it any other way at the moment :)