T-f Car Meet V93 - October 11th - Rock Of Gibraltar

Prawny Baby

We had trouble like this last time, we settled on a location closer to Birmingham, but no one from down south came you see. All we can do is find the best compromise on location, too far north = no southeners, to far south = no northeners.

I've suggested Gloucs as it is just about half way between prawn and myself, we're not dead set on a location yet, this is only day one, so feel free to throw any ideas into the pot, b etter than than say you can't make it and not suggest somewhere else :P

Numbers would be nice as well, last time I believe we had 13/14 deffinates and only 6 of us turned up.

the location for this event shall be made to be exactly halfway between a southerner and a semi northerner.

Nah at the end of the day, no ones really ever really going to be 100% happy with the location.

If you ask me gloucesters a bit too south west to be honest ( 3 hours from london, 1.5 hours from birmingham, 3 hours from manchester. doesnt really have any benefit to people other than the cornwallers) birmingham for example is like 2.5 hours from london, 1.75 hours from manchester, 0 hours from birmingham, granted if your from the very south west, its worse for you, but its a bit better for pretty much everybody else. not to mention that making it gloucester, means everyone ends up using the m5(i.e everyone does the last 20/35 (Dependant on south or north) miles from the same direction, wherease with birmingham, youve got motorways coming in from like 5 directions.)

So far not so good then, like I say, we'll give it a few days, see who's interested and go from there (Y)

To be honest you won't come to a reasonable consensus on a location (or a date for that matter :P ). Your best bet is to suggest somewhere local-ish to you and see who can make it, otherwise you'll end up going round in a 'too north, too south' circle. That's what I ended up doing with the Mk meet. You run the risk with picking somewhere not local to anyone of not finding an appropriate place to meet.

There has been a lot of talk of a southern meet, but so far no-one has stepped up to the plate to arrange...

I hope to attend the next meet, as I did the last one, and am happy to travel as well.

The reason I didn't go last time wasn't because it was too far north, it was because it was kinda far west, and the British road system made my only decent route basically a right angle and no where near as the crow flies. In other words, MK, from the south west = a bitch.

I think what we need to do is stop trying to find the geographical centre of the uk, and put it like Boumsong said, in the middle of the people that want to come, as in, if there's 10 people coming from the south, and only 3 from the north, it makes sense to have it a little further south than the exact centre.

Anyway, I'm up for Gloucestershire. (Y) not everyone would be ending there trip heading south down the M5, I'd imagine most people coming from the east would be heading in on the M4. And the southerners/south westerners would be heading up A roads/north on the M5.

i'd be up for a meet aslong as its not too far south. maybe birmingham like others have said! could link it up with a ride too!

Will

Nah, were having it on Jardo's drive, so he dont have to use too much fuel to get there.

As said, birmingham is pretty central. if someone from down south wants to take over and run a pompey TF car meet, feel free. likewise if the scottish dudes want to make a glasgow one, theres nothing stopping them, just if were talking about gettin the most people there, centrals good (unless theres a higher concentration of TF petrolheads south or north)

Nah, were having it on Jardo's drive, so he dont have to use too much fuel to get there.

As said, birmingham is pretty central. if someone from down south wants to take over and run a pompey TF car meet, feel free. likewise if the scottish dudes want to make a glasgow one, theres nothing stopping them, just if were talking about gettin the most people there, centrals good (unless theres a higher concentration of TF petrolheads south or north)

Hardly "on my drive" it's still 50/60 miles !!!!

:P

All we can do is find the best compromise on location, too far north = no southeners, to far south = no northeners.

Penzance sounds like a good place to meet....

:P