Danny Macaskill - April 2009

Inspired Dave

Hi,

He gets a short mention in todays Telegraph (online edition) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...-in-a-week.html

Not sure if its in the print edition, and lets be honest only a family member would buy the paper for that breif mention.

Good on the fella anyway.

Duane.

MacAskill, from Dunvegan on the Isle of Skye, said the response to his amateur video had been amazing.

Nothing amateur about it.

Hi,

He gets a short mention in todays Telegraph (online edition) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...-in-a-week.html

Not sure if its in the print edition, and lets be honest only a family member would buy the paper for that breif mention.

Good on the fella anyway.

Duane.

the hole article is full of crap to be honest :S

"Another trick that has impressed his viewers is when he rides up a tree trunk and does a back flip, a trick known as a 100 per cent flare. "

A flair isn't a backflip... and I've never heard them being called 100% flares.

I think the closest thing to a flair is like a 180-backflip, or a 360-backflip-barrel roll. I can't figure it out, personally :P

It looks so confusing to see, haha. You just see a blur, the guy spins and its hard to figure out exactly what's been done.

I think I once saw on channel 4 a BMX competition, and this dude did a new trick no-one's done before. If I stretch my mind back, it looked like a flair over a fun-box. Like, a back-flip-barrel-roll-something. It was nuts.

The figues for this video arnt to shabby??

#1 - Top Favourited (All Time) - Sport

#1 - Top Favourited (This Month) - Sport

#1 - Top Favourited (This Month) - Sport - Global

#1 - Most Viewed (This Month) - Sport

#1 - Most Viewed (This Month) - Sport - Global

#1 - Most Discussed (This Month) - Sport

#1 - Most Discussed (This Month) - Sport - Global

#1 - Top Rated (This Month) - Sport

#1 - Top Rated (This Month) - Sport - Globa

#1 - Spotlight Videos - Netherlands

#1 - Spotlight Videos - Poland

#2 - Top Rated (All Time) - Sport

#3 - Top Favourited (This Month)

#5 - Spotlight Videos - Ireland

#6 - Top Favourited (This Month) - Global

#7 - Top Rated (This Month)

#8 - Top Favourited (All Time) - Sport - Global

#9 - Most Discussed (All Time) - Sport

#13 - Most Discussed (This Month)

#13 - Top Rated (All Time) - Sport - Global

#16 - Most Viewed (This Month)

#22 - Most Viewed (This Month) - Global

#29 - Most Viewed (All Time) - Sport

#33 - Top Rated (This Month) - Global

#67 - Top Favourited (All Time)

#73 - Most Discussed (This Month) - Global

#85 - Top Rated (All Time)

#100 - Most Discussed (All Time) - Sport - Global

It looks so confusing to see, haha. You just see a blur, the guy spins and its hard to figure out exactly what's been done.

I think I once saw on channel 4 a BMX competition, and this dude did a new trick no-one's done before. If I stretch my mind back, it looked like a flair over a fun-box. Like, a back-flip-barrel-roll-something. It was nuts.

Flaire = Backflip with a 180 incorperated, mainly for ramp riders who want to be able to roll out without having to fakie.

Barrel roll = spinning 360 with no backward moment, just round a compete circle sideways.

I have been watching Danny Mac's riding for many months now, and I can't deny, he has amazing skill.

But in that particularly video, am I correct in saying there are lots of tricks that he does which are not really related to trials?

[Much to fast?]

Simon showed me this on facebook and I was amazed, But when my aunt emailed it to me? (why the fook is my aunt watching this?) I decided to come on here for the (first time - probably in years) just to say this video is incredible. It makes me want to get a bike again, just to mess about.

Absolute credit to the sport, I remember watching the trials kings back in the day and thinking how can it get better, then CLS & Tunni showed us what was possible and now this! Fantastic.

br3n

PS Hello everyone.

I'm staying in Edinburgh right now and earlier on today I visited lots of the spots in that video and WOW! I've always thought it was amazing but when you actually see it in real life you appreciate it so much more. (I never knew it was possible to appreciate more than I already did!)

Especially the very last thing he does in the video, where everyone runs over to see if he was alright. It was just amazng seeing that.

Once again, such a good video!

Dont think anyone has posted this yet but this tossbag did a remake of the Danny mac video with a toy bike thing and labelled it

RE: Inspired Bicycles - Danny MacAskill April 2009 INSANE

his tailwhips at the start made me laugh and a few other bits, but watch it again and u start thinkin he must have caught a nail to the head or somethin

It was a small article in today's Metro newspaper about danny and his vid. It's on the rise in popularity amongst twitter/blog videos here in Sweden :D Pretty decent for trials i say. And yet again, Amazing vid