Calling Damon, Cls, Tunni...

Adrian

to be honest, people are being dim whitted and narrow minded, of course you will get slated, doesnt make anyone an idiot because they realise abit of the history of what they are actually doing. You say its the style of riding you do, but why do you have to define what you do with some style, surley just do what you want and have a laugh doing it, dont make such a big deal about defining what you ride. What exactly makes TGS any more trials riding than street? If your going for all this purist bollocks, you need to consider competition riding to be trials, which TGS is not, its just one big f**king move. Lines, which I think you will find are a large part of street riding are also a large part of comp riding.

When was the last time you saw a BMXer riding along the top of fences or hooking walls? You havnt, just because danny mac, and other 24/street riders dont limit themselves to about 5 moves and do more than one of these move at a time, doesnt make it not trials.

I have no issues with any form of riding, do whatever you want, but dont make retarded statements which are wrong.

Yeah, and all you do is slate TGS riders for doing sidehops and going rofl sleggz rofl omglmao rofl sleeeeegzzzz?

Trials is trials. TGS is a stupid name and also quite an un-needed stereotype.

A name for tgs was desperately needed as the two types of 'street' got confused all the time. I know i got into a huge argument because of a misunderstanding between the two.

The name isn't perfect, but it's pretty suitable, the problem is it was created out of (and i'll go as far as saying) a hatred for that type of riding. But, it stuck and grew popular, even tgs riders sometimes refer to themseves as 'tgs riders' so i think it's allllllllll gooooood.

Danny Mac is better at riding bmx than TGS riders. Because that's all he does, ride bmx just on a trials bike.

Not ^ that sentence is bollocks, but somewhat true. It's kind of like saying "who's better at running, a sprinter, or a marathon runner". People will argue the sprinter as they are pushing running at the highest speeds with perfect technique, some will argue the marathon runner becuase they are actually running for more than 12 seconds and they actually are running for what running was inteneded for, getting from a to b in the fastest time.

You'd have to be an idiot to not be able to see that they are two different things, and even more of an idiot to argue about which is better.

What baffles me is that you actually get intelligent well respected people on this forum who always badmouth TGS and say it's 'demise of trials' when they're all praising some guy called danny mac who is practly a bmxer. (Again, this isn't my opinion but i feel i have to put down danny mac to make a point).

haha :) fair point there mate (Y) well said

The problem with trials is the bikes there was a point where you could get on a trials bike and do whatever the f**k style of riding you want to do and geometry's were fairly suited to each, now its one or the other, you either have to ride a GU or something with a +60,00000 BB rise thats only any good for side hopping, or you ride a four play and do spinny street.

I think Makaskills riding is blatantly still trials, just like the trials kings were but rather than just doing mannys up stairs and bunny hop gaps he took it a bit to close to crossing the BMX line for some people?

Its totally wrong for everyone to just argue about all of this shit day in day out, people just need to grow up get your bikes out and go riding, if you want to bang on about "oooooh trials should be just like this!!?!!" get your cameras out and make edits, the more varied styles the better.

Right, my way of looking at it, as an ex rider.

Trials has grown and diversified.when I first started riding trials, I was just the guy in a bunch of kids who used to ride jumps/xc/dh/street all day, who went from running a 38t front ring, to a 32t ring and bash, everyone got on, cos we rode bikes, wed rang out down the trails with bmx'ers wed give a casual alright to the xc'ers wed see up the side of mountains, hell even the lycra clad roadies would get a nod when they passed us on the road(even if it was followed up with a "nice ass, queerboy" comment when they where out of earshot)

Much the same way riding bikes has diversified into different disciplines, trials as its own discipline has now split up.

Much like motorbikes, split into on road and off road, which then split into MX, Enduro, Sx, freestyle, then freestyle split up to have stuff like this:

Youtube Video -> Original Video

which is totally different to this:

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Fish-Finger-er

i agree that somebody out of thm has to bring something out soon, tunnicliffes last video was adamant 4 and he said he was bringing a natural video out on his topic, but that was over a year ago so i dont know whats hapening unless they usually take this long to make a next :S

obviously your nose can read

Not at all ! The edit was put in after I reviewed what I had wrote and checked where you live.

The stereotype is right, even when it's been mentioned and everyone says TGS riders are intelligent (and they argue that fact) they still write stupid shit in capital letters.

example : Danny Kearns, granted hes calmed down a bit now(maybe its teen love thats done it :P), but a couple of years back, on the forum, what a willy, constantly wanting to be the big hard man whod kick anyones ass for calling him any crappy name/slating him at all. constantly bumming deng etc. But you meet him in real life, and theres none of that E-attitude, he spent the whole day in stoke riding with a natty rider, a couple of streetier riders, etc. and no hassle, couldnt really of asked for a sounder bloke.

:rolleyes: :$ :wub:

Just as a side note here, people seem to be saying that Craig's going to 'become' a natural rider - am I the only one who remembers him riding comps all the time on a Monty for Cleanbikes back in about 2001-2002 or so, before he became known for doing ridiculous shit on street? He even released a Zoo video of him just riding natural stuff. At the risk of starting a seperate... um... 'debate', riders who are good can ride natural as well as they can ride street, and Craig's definitely one of them.

Just as a side note here, people seem to be saying that Craig's going to 'become' a natural rider - am I the only one who remembers him riding comps all the time on a Monty for Cleanbikes back in about 2001-2002 or so, before he became known for doing ridiculous shit on street? He even released a Zoo video of him just riding natural stuff. At the risk of starting a seperate... um... 'debate', riders who are good can ride natural as well as they can ride street, and Craig's definitely one of them.

Nope i remember that too :)

I also remember the zoo vid!

everyone that argues either style is more or less trials is wasting their life doing so

i go out and i try what ever takes my fancy quite frankly.

GETTTTTTTTTTTTTT MUSHROOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD

+1

back on topic, i dont have a bike to ride atm, also, even if i did i need to get back into it again, its been awhile...

i think cls still rides, just not as often and as far as im aware isnt as bothered about it as he used to be, still nodoubt sick as f**k though!

dunno about neil?

foster has quit hasnt he?

pester swindlehurst maybe? hes the next big thing if he pulls hes socks up

+1

back on topic, i dont have a bike to ride atm, also, even if i did i need to get back into it again, its been awhile...

i think cls still rides, just not as often and as far as im aware isnt as bothered about it as he used to be, still nodoubt sick as f**k though!

dunno about neil?

foster has quit hasnt he?

pester swindlehurst maybe? hes the next big thing if he pulls hes socks up

nah haha, id watch vince if i wanted to see a fag do frenchies :lol: .

Edited by Mat Smith!!