Coust Pads From Heatsink?

Mr Bob

Their pads are really top of the range!

+1. My brake is working the best it has ever done (using yellows, CNC backings on a light grind). Go for the CNC backings, they may seem a lot of money at first but refills are really cheap and after 1-2 sets of refill pads, they will have paid for themselves, plus they give a much more solid feel when pulling the lever (Y).

I have heard about him being behind orders but when I ordered my pads from him about a week ago, they arrived in 2 days. So either he is back on track or I was just lucky. If I was just lucky, like said.... It is worth the wait.

On the coust pad note, I haven't used them so I can't give feedback. But I have heard nothing but good things about them.

And yes, the CNC backing are deffinatley worth it!

But the Heatsink "Cousts" ones are ok, never been overly impressed with them on bikes I've ridden.

Just to clear up any misunderstandings, the Coust material sold via HeatsinkBikes comes direct from Michel Coustellier himself (Father of World Champs Giacomo and Gilles), as it always has. It will perform exactly as this legendary material has always done. I just carefully cut it to the correct size and carefully mount it into the range of Heatsink plastic magura/CNC Magura/CNC Vee backings as riders wish. I offer this alternative to the HSB pad material due to the sheer weight of rider demand! Long may Coust pads reign :)

Steve

Just to clear up any misunderstandings, the Coust material sold via HeatsinkBikes comes direct from Michel Coustellier himself (Father of World Champs Giacomo and Gilles), as it always has. It will perform exactly as this legendary material has always done. I just carefully cut it to the correct size and carefully mount it into the range of Heatsink plastic magura/CNC Magura/CNC Vee backings as riders wish. I offer this alternative to the HSB pad material due to the sheer weight of rider demand! Long may Coust pads reign :)

Steve

Hmm, I still think its not the same as what the coust bros use. I ordered some material from them directly and they sent me exactly what they send you, however I have had first hand experience with the real compound and there is a difference.

Why aren't you running Dark Pads?

:/ lack of material....not great in wet weather, no way to cut...the list goes on

Steve

but, the pads joe seddon had on his bike were VERY different to coustsinks

Hmm, I still think its not the same as what the coust bros use. I ordered some material from them directly and they sent me exactly what they send you, however I have had first hand experience with the real compound and there is a difference.

Tis true, the coustsink material is VERY different to the so-called "real" cousts