Is It A Bit Grim Up North?

Papa Manual

Bit grim up north?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Yes
    • No

Seems to be quite a few vids on youtube recently with BNP members clashing with police and anti BNP protestors in the high street, is this common?

If you're referring to Nottingham, that was the English Defence League, not the BNP :)

But generally, it is common - but it's common in just about every place...look at the Leeds, Bradford and Birmingham riots - although most of the 'rioters' there don't actually come from the places they're destroying; why would you shit on your own doorstep?

I genuinely feel safe walking around Birmingham, and I'd never want to move. It's got everything.

Realy?

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/6583350.jpg

The SouthWest is where its at. Anything from Shropshire down is good stuff.

the southwest does have everything

Beaches to surf

Cities to shop, ride and party

Hills to ride and walk

'Proper' country pubs

Sure, like anywhere there are some pretty crap places; areas of Bristol, Bridgwater etc

But you are never more than half an hour to an hour from beautiful rolling hills and some stunning coastline

Edited by kyddie

If you're referring to Nottingham, that was the English Defence League, not the BNP :)

But generally, it is common - but it's common in just about every place...look at the Leeds, Bradford and Birmingham riots - although most of the 'rioters' there don't actually come from the places they're destroying; why would you shit on your own doorstep?

What Leeds riot?

Why did you think that would change my mind? :ermm:

I just think its a bit narrow minded to presume you have everything, when there are so many limitations in the city and so little really available.

I mean really, dont you ever get bored of grey?

If I were to stay in the UK, I can't see myself ever moving from the South West. Through the summer there's nowhere else I'd want to be - sun out, roll out of bed onto the beach. Swim home, go for a ride at one of the infinitely many amazing spots this way. Back for a BBQ on the beach into the night before a night out in an abundance of places with great nightlife where I'm not going to get shot/stabbed like anyone north of the M4. ;)

If I were to stay in the UK, I can't see myself ever moving from the South West. Through the summer there's nowhere else I'd want to be - sun out, roll out of bed onto the beach. Swim home, go for a ride at one of the infinitely many amazing spots this way. Back for a BBQ on the beach into the night before a night out in an abundance of places with great nightlife where I'm not going to get shot/stabbed like anyone north of the M4. ;)

I knew i could rely on a quality post from you or Rich to back me up brotha'

I knew i could rely on a quality post from you or Rich to back me up brotha'

Oh, and you can be out and about down this way without running into those pesky northern too. Don't get that in Leeds ;)

Just to prove a point, this was taken by my 13 year old brother on a POS phone last year on the hill behind my house. Bog standard el-cheapo phone settings etc so don't think it's down to any of that jiggery-pokery/knowing shit like those photographers seem to these days:

n750485312_4816101_8458.jpg

For comparison, here's a photo he took on a really good camera in the north (and then tweaked a tad as there wasn't a lot of sunlight there so the exposure or some crap was out):

Up North is just as grim as the rest of the UK.

I'm from Liverpool, and I still think it's the best city I've been to and I've been to most of the major cities in England. Every city has scum, murderers, rapists, peados, Priests. But every other city I go to there always seems to be A LOT more of the type of people I wouldn't particularly want to walk past on a dark lonely street. The closest city I've been to that resembles Liverpool and the people here is Newcastle.

Personally I think the Midlands is the worst part of the country.

Some of the very southern cities are good, like Exeter, Plymouth, Bournemouth.

Jammy f**ker.

ANYTHING HIGHER THAN OXFORD IS NORTH!

im in coventry, dont really fancy going anymore northern. it seems the further away from the south you go the shitter the country gets. went to nottingham and mansfield last month and it was a f**king shit hole. dont understand why you all dont just move? actually scrap that. stay there.

ANYTHING HIGHER THAN OXFORD IS NORTH!

im in coventry, dont really fancy going anymore northern. it seems the further away from the south you go the shitter the country gets. went to nottingham and mansfield last month and it was a f**king shit hole. dont understand why you all dont just move? actually scrap that. stay there.

Nottingham, if you're talking about the city, is fantastic - it has a lot of history, always something happening, many pubs and restruants (more within one square mile than anywhere else in the UK) - you can come to Nottingham for the day and do so much.

Mansfield is completely different to the city, so much so you can't really compare it in any way.

The further north is grimmer is complete bollocks (not to mention that Nottinghamshire is in the Midlands) - but have you been to Newcastle, Liverpool or even so far as Scotland? There is a lot of countryside in the North, some of the most beautiful in the UK. I went to a motorcycle trials event in North Yorkshire - it was an amazing view there.

I went to a motorcycle trials event in North Yorkshire - it was an amazing view there.

To sum up - Yorkshire (l)

Yorkshire, where real men live, with real accents, where real beer is made, where real hills are, and real rocks to ride on.

Not your southern fairy wishywashy fields and it's all flat.

Everyone knows the best roads in England are in Yorkshire.

where real men live, with real accents, where real beer is made, where real hills are, and real rocks to ride on.

Not your southern fairy wishywashy fields and it's all flat.

Everyone knows the best roads in England are in Yorkshire.

Dartmoor, Exmoor, Bodmin moor, hundreds of coastal locations.

Dozens of Ale/Cider breweries all over the place.

Brutally strong accents/farmer types.

Real country roads.

That's just this side of Bristol, there's a whole load of stuff spreading all over the south...

Seriously, if you're going to try and call us out on that lot, do it properly ;)