Onza Cls Proto.

Joe@Onza

Looks mint, wouldn't buy one though cause I don't think it would be that much different to my python.

Hats off to you Onza, really do have the 20" trials market sorted, seems to me you have a frame to suit any 20" riders needs which is more than can be said about any other company!

I disagree a bit.

ONZA may have a reputation for budget bikes but if they continue making good pro-series frames that problem-ascociation will eventually fizzle out and the ONZA Pro series will have a rep of it's own separate to ONZA itself.

Make some pro series components to go with it, I personally don't rate tensile stuff, and yer on to a winner.

I think a better plan would be to upgrade the whole product range, not drastically just in minor ways, like getting rid of the obscene steel forks, they are just ridiculous and developing some better brake levers because they suck big time, for example.

This would bring ONZA generally in line with the new quality of frames.

But at the end of the day someone has to supply budget bikes because not everyone can afford a monty, koxx or rockman and believe if another company moved in to replace onza they could be alot worse.

I agree entirely with the dodgy names though, but what are you gonna call them then?

Limey was good when it had like the union jack on it but the 'Mob' names, I don't know where that crap came from.

Hitman? Cleaner? Ice? Names obv. aimed at the sub 12yr old market to be honest.

But then what is Maladie and manus all about eh?

Why bother naming them at all? For product identification I suppose.

WD40 is about the only product that is sensibly named in existence really, all names sound dumb if you say them enough.

Were not taking away the fact onza have this reputation because of onza most of us are here where we are today, but your now saying given so long they can have there reputation but they would allready have this is theyd renamed into a sister company and it would also look much better, im not saying your wrong and not wanting to start anything by my post because In my eyes your right but on a matter of names just take this into account, onza-proseries-limey-320 4 parts to the name of one frame or what about simply proseries320

would you want a onza-proseries-ice or a proseries ice, onza have the reputation for budget bikes, of witch can be left as onza, keep that market, proseries or any other name can take the better parts, like tencile has a name for its freewheels that are amazing, however given the name onza it might of taken way longer for them to get big on the market our view is as simple as that, it wouldent take anything away from onza either just change the name on the pro frames.

would also like to note, rockman is simply from rockpads and it works, manus works with the name maladie stands out also as when do you hear that word? ice come on skulls not a bad name blade wtf sounds like some black guy with a flat top and a sword.

How about not beat around the bush and just call it the 'Onza TGS'?

Why do you have to be so negative about it? ha ha ha I'm only messing.

I saw this the other day and I didn't really like it. I've looked at it again and its growing on me a bit but there's a few things I'm just not too keen on. I don't really like the downtube it just seems like its there because onza got a shit load of them made (I don't know if they did or not but that's just what it seems like to me) I'm not really a big fan of the dropouts, they are just really ugly and awkward looking. The chainstays look like they are going to get battered by TGS riders side hopping them to walls.

White is sooooooooo 2009 too.

I'm not quite sure about the 'seat tube'. Kinda looks out of place a little because it almost looks like it's a continuation of the toptube and it's also not quite attached to the BB etc... It looks like a right bitch to wels too! At the risk of copying Koxx and lots of other frames out there I'd be tempted to try something a little more 'standard' to openn the frame up a bit and give it a less solid look, either with one central tube or twin smaller tubes. Sorry for the lack of Paint skillz.

CLS1.jpg

Becomes...

cls1r.jpg

Just write CLS or Craig Lee Scott on the frame. Job done.
With a black marker pen! :giggle:

Were not taking away the fa ct onza have this reputation because of onza most of us are here where we are today, but your now saying given so long they can have there reputation but they would allready have this is theyd renamed into a sister company and it would also look much better, im not saying your wrong and not wanting to start anything by my post because In my eyes your right but on a matter of names just take this into account, onza-proseries-limey-320 4 parts to the name of one frame or what about simply proseries320

would you want a onza-proseries-ice or a proseries ice, onza have the reputation for budget bikes, of witch can be left as onza, keep that market, proseries or any other name can take the better parts, like tencile has a name for its freewheels that are amazing, however given the name onza it might of taken way longer for them to get big on the market our view is as simple as that, it wouldent take anything away from onza either just change the name on the pro frames.

would also like to note, rockman is simply from rockpads and it works, manus works with the name maladie stands out also as when do you hear that word? ice come on skulls not a bad name blade wtf sounds like some black guy with a flat top and a sword. :lol: :lol: :lol:Exactly!

I know your not starting anything Dude your one o the good guy's.

None of the next bit is aimed directly at your post by the way, just using your post to highlight a few things:

On the first point highlighted- I think the ONZA name is too well branded to just drop it.

On the second highlighted point- It does sound better as "Pro series Ice" but if you think of it this way, ONZA are taking very definite steps towards making exceptionally good shit. If I owned Onza and had taken those steps (Risks) I would want them to pay off directly back to the ONZA Brand rather than a satellite company because for one, I would be very proud of what I had achieved by improving the reputation of a company that, lets be honest, doesn't have a good rep amongst many of the advanced trials set or shall we say non beginners.

Most people upgrade "From an ONZA" far better businesswise if you can get the customer to "Upgrade to a Pro-series ONZA" wouldn't you say?

Probably better to improve the current product range with the necessary cost increase by increment and start another "Budget" satellite company to fill the hole left by the ONZA brand moving up.

If ONZA continues on this path they will be onto a winner and seem to deserve it.

Joe may be gathering marketing info with his posts but he is also making the chance available for the trials community to actually influence product design. This helps irons out the situation whereby you have just bought a frame and have had it for a while and you just can't help thinking 'If only this was different it would be my perfect bike and I would be absolutely chuffed if I had just forked out a substantial sum o cash and would enjoy riding my bike much more!'

Not many companies do that really, I know that I used to be constantly re-working and welding downhill and free-ride frames to suit my need for a 24" wheel short ass low standover height frame, that was a long time ago and I don't know if they exist or not in the market now.

At the end of the day even if they are called 'Pro series' then everyone will know they are ONZA anyway and you get a situation where you are basically admitting your parent company is shit, much better to improve the existing brand.

Also on a related note, one of the steps taken towards Domination of the trials market that they have taken is the 18" bike. I don't know if this is correct but probably on the continent kids start on monty's/koxx bikes and may well stick with them throughout their trials riding lifetime, it would be good to see ONZA do this also. If they get it right then this really could open ONZA up to massive growth of an already major player and it would be good to see a British company do this, I say so myself, even if I am Australian :blink:

That my freinds is my rant of the day. Thank you for your patience. I'll shut up now, yes shut up :lol:

A horse for one thing!

That is all.

Edited by Matt Vandart

With a black marker pen! :giggle:

I know your not starting anything Dude your one o the good guy's.

None of the next bit is aimed directly at your post by the way, just using your post to highlight a few things:

On the first point highlighted- I think the ONZA name is too well branded to just drop it.

On the second highlighted point- It does sound better as "Pro series Ice" but if you think of it this way, ONZA are taking very definite steps towards making exceptionally good shit. If I owned Onza and had taken those steps (Risks) I would want them to pay off directly back to the ONZA Brand rather than a satellite company because for one, I would be very proud of what I had achieved by improving the reputation of a company that, lets be honest, doesn't have a good rep amongst many of the advanced trials set or shall we say non beginners.

Most people upgrade "From an ONZA" far better businesswise if you can get the customer to "Upgrade to a Pro-series ONZA" wouldn't you say?

Probably better to improve the current product range with the necessary cost increase by increment and start another "Budget" satellite company to fill the hole left by the ONZA brand moving up.

If ONZA continues on this path they will be onto a winner and seem to deserve it.

Joe may be gathering marketing info with his posts but he is also making the chance available for the trials community to actually influence product design. This helps irons out the situation whereby you have just bought a frame and have had it for a while and you just can't help thinking 'If only this was different it would be my perfect bike and I would be absolutely chuffed if I had just forked out a substantial sum o cash and would enjoy riding my bike much more!'

Not many companies do that really, I know that I used to be constantly re-working and welding downhill and free-ride frames to suit my need for a 24" wheel short ass low standover height frame, that was a long time ago and I don't know if they exist or not in the market now.

At the end of the day even if they are called 'Pro series' then everyone will know they are ONZA anyway and you get a situation where you are basically admitting your parent company is shit, much better to improve the existing brand.

Also on a related note, one of the steps taken towards Domination of the trials market that they have taken is the 18" bike. I don't know if this is correct but probably on the continent kids start on monty's/koxx bikes and may well stick with them throughout their trials riding lifetime, it would be good to see ONZA do this also. If they get it right then this really could open ONZA up to massive growth of an already major player and it would be good to see a British company do this, I say so myself, even if I am Australian :blink:

That my freinds is my rant of the day. Thank you for your patience. I'll shut up now, yes shut up :lol:

A horse for one thing!

That is all.

There not on there way to dominating the trials world they just have a shit load of frames that all seem to resemble the last they brought out, I admit your views speak the truth but arnt onza part of super cycles, so there for upgrading from a onza to a sister company isnt going to make a shit load of difrence really, being if you rode a onza rip, then moved onto a blade, then a pro series you must be at this point bored of onza? I had two of the same frame and got bored so I moved onto zoo just for a change, rossy c had a onza limey,master and a onza proto and moved to rockman allthough he liked the look of the onza skull and ice he moved because he dident want a other onza. if you moved from a onza rip to a blade then onto a proseries with a difrent name youd then not feel that way. thats my view I just feel it would have looked better thats all and I know there are a fair few people backin me up on this one.

I have a lad on my msn who I had a conversation about 30 mins ago who agrees with me saying he wouldent ride a neon frame because its a neon, however he rides a because frame allthough its the same company most likly made in the same place by the same welders and the same material hed happily ride this frame over a neon frame.

come on people name change works,

a sister company would also make onza have it rep for begginer bikes,

and another company would again make it so they could have a rep for pro series,

just an idea being a forum I dont feel out of place, and as mat said thats it for tonight

have fun boys and girls

Craig sort out the graphics like we know you can on this one and give Onza a gentle nudge in the right direction with the other frames too. Looks good, really impressed with the current range Onza are offering. Personally i don't think there's anything wrong with the name, it's a bit sad that people are more than happy to ride a Because or a Rockman etc when these companies came from no where over the last few years and in Rockmans case demand a premium price. It's a name, its how it rides, how it handles the abuse and what it looks like a remote last.

little off topic: i wont buy any new frame without a yoke. saving what, 100g? ok. But losing about 50% BB area stiffness is lame.

the only really good thing Onza made the past few 2-3 years is the tensioning system on the current Limey... everething else was there already (e.g. the whole Zona line... i mean come on?!).

Same thing with this cls proto. It's not like a python... it is a python with a different design.

ok, enough hating. Here's some serious input:

loving the long seat-stay design - gives a great overall stiffness as seen on the Python, saint blaise or the Canibal 1.

I'm not a fan of those bulky dropouts. This screw tensioning system works fine on the Kortz, Caelifera with regular sized dropouts.

If you want to make a long mod I would suggest 1055mm with 72° or even steeper ... otherwise its going to ride like a small stock.

edit:

i heard you dont really need a gusset when using hydro forming, is that so? Otherwise: why no gusset on the downtube dammit!! :P

Edited by Monty99