Onza Cls Proto.

Joe@Onza

My back brake was soo good on the 07 aswell as it being a simple dead grind on plaz pads, not even having to overly worry about the rim getting dirty nor the pads slipping on me doing a drop gap,

ahum my back brake ;) you just bought it and ruined the best bike in northen england.

Hot off the press. First picture of final production prototype of the CLS. New HF down tube and some minor tweaks. The colour is just us playing with two colour anodizing ie the green graphics are also anodized, so please, please, please dont come on saying you don't like the colours or finish. They are not the actual production colours. The frame should be here on Tuesday along with four other prototypes, the TGS 24,Limey 4, Zoot 26 and a new ultra light 26".

post-790-127262278238_thumb.jpg

Mike, that looks awesome, loving the HF downtube. two colour anodizing looks neat, think if the graphics were designed by craig and applied in the same way would look awesome.

Talking to Andrei at the weekend about this new proto 26" sounds silly light, see how it lasts in Andrei's not so gentle hands :P really interested in these other frames that are coming out too. Get these Tensile forks out! :D

Zoot 26"

Sweet, good choice going for vee mounts (Y)

I'm guessing the geo's around:

1050 - 1060 wheelbase

385 - 390 chainstay length

+10 - +20 bottom bracket height

73 - 74 head angle

if so it sould ride very nicely for both street and trials..

Why does the production version look completely nothing like the prototype?

:(

RUINED.

I liked the other more in a way but this looks oright be better in the flesh I guess.

DOSE IT STILL HAVE THAT SHITTY BOOSTER ON though?

Edited by Seabasss

I am thinking to myself there must be s reason why it has changed so much from the proto but what a terrible shame, I think it may be a backwards step myself.

Yes people would buy it for the geo but alot more people would buy it for the geo and the looks which the previous frame, and the limey's have.

What is this frames unique selling point now?

The Geo obviously but that probably won't be unique soon enough.

Personally, I think the new Zoot is a step backwards from the old. I loved the old Zoot, the new one looks like a very cheap frame overall. Just going by aesthetics, but hey.. it counts for something in this day and age.

CLS frame... Well, the proto looked swish and neat. The production one looks like a step backwards aesthetically too. Yes people can try and retort: "looks don't matter, the geo and design does."... However looks do matter, and I know people'd rather ride a beautiful frame with nice geo than a munter of a frame with nice geo.

On a positive note, I actually think the Skull is currently Onza's nicest looking modern frame. However, the colourway and graphics make it look a bit cheap 'n kiddy. The old T-Pro was very neat and simple.

Any chance of the T-Bone again?

• Like 1

Its the same frame, Just a differant hyroformed down tube to keep in line with the Limey 4. We may change back for the production one. He is having fun on his Zoot anyway at the moment haha.

Here's the Zoot TGS 24" frame proto.

post-13495-127292172766_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...