Tnn'S New Compound And V-Brake Backing'S

tryallmaster

The awesome power of LGM is now available off the shelf for vee brake's. In the form of the LGV MK 2.

The pads have been put through their paces by Ali C for the past couple of months.

TNN have just shipped their first order out this week so they should be available in the next week or so.

Now the news that has been a long time coming... a new TNN compound. Claimed by no other than Kenny Belaey.

The Pro Belaey Blue pads are still going through final testing but looks to have all the making to live up to their big brother the LGM.

Kenny's first impressions of the pads are extremely positive. A very promising sign from one of the world's highest ranking riders.

Attached are the pictures of the LGV'S and Pro Beleay Blue pads.

What do you think guys?

Cheers,

Lewis.

LGV MK 2 post-7595-126879971323_thumb.jpg Pro Beleay Blue Pads post-7595-126879972713_thumb.jpg

Edited by tryallmaster

had the vee pads on my inspired before I went brakeless and I also have them on my comp bike. They actually work pretty well on a smooth rim but are ideally suted for a light sharp grind. They have loads of bite! More so than most other pads I have used, but they also have great hold. They are pretty thin too, so it makes setting up brakes with wide rims easier.

had the vee pads on my inspired before I went brakeless and I also have them on my comp bike. They actually work pretty well on a smooth rim but are ideally suted for a light sharp grind. They have loads of bite! More so than most other pads I have used, but they also have great hold. They are pretty thin too, so it makes setting up brakes with wide rims easier.

Ideal, so with a dead grind they might have a little more modulation at the small sacrifice of hold and bite?

really cr*p.......they just WONT wear down....i have been trying for months

p.s. could someone provide some justification regarding the chamferred edges? benefits, downfalls, reasons etc? kenny must have had some reason for asking for the pads to be the way they are....just intrigued

Edited by ben_travis

p.s. could someone provide some justification regarding the chamferred edges? benefits, downfalls, reasons etc? kenny must have had some reason for asking for the pads to be the way they are....just intrigued

I'm 90% sure that it reduces noise.

Is the wear life better than the 1st ones then? As it was shocking before!

If you mean wear life of the LGMs, then the compound's the same so it should be fine. You really have to set them up perfectly otherwise they will wear relatively quickly, but spending a few seconds longer making sure your pads are perfectly lined up is a bit better than having to buy pads more frequently. You'll also get a better performing brake to boot. The only problems with fast wearing LGMs or LGVs seem to be where people cut corners with setup.

The classic "This grind hasn't worked instantly, I must regrind it!" thing doesn't help either...

Finally a good set of backings that have the counter sink in them to reduce the number spacers needed instead of making my own.

Are the shafts on the LGV backings steel or aluminum?

Edited by Oli P

Finally a good set of backings that have the counter sink in them to reduce the number spacers needed instead of making my own.

Are the shafts on the LGV backings steel or aluminum?

12.5 grade high tensile steel.

really cr*p.......they just WONT wear down....i have been trying for months

Travis

The chamfers on the pads help to stop uneven wear plus give a little extra power. (more pressure per area) Some will disagree.

The chamfers on the pads help to stop uneven wear plus give a little extra power. (more pressure per area) Some will disagree.

That 'extra power' is only going to last for a relatively short period though before the pad wears down to a wider point?

As soon as they wear at all you're increasing the contact area though, so that first power won't theoretically be the same.

Nice try though Ross :rolleyes:

however the point at which the chamfer is the same surface area as a standard square pad, there will be no usable pad anyway. so essentially le is suggesting more 'power' than a standard square pad. also due to the nature in which a standard pad becomes mis shapen (rounding corners etc) then even more power in the new KBM's compared to a standard shaped pad...possibly?

ill wait to try some. however the LGMs are amazing anyway, so this new material will have to be something special.

EDIT: i love the way kenny has his name engraved on his backings. awesome. plus extra weight saving :D:lol:

Edited by ben_travis

however the point at which the chamfer is the same surface area as a standard square pad, there will be no usable pad anyway. so essentially le is suggesting more 'power' than a standard square pad. also due to the nature in which a standard pad becomes mis shapen (rounding corners etc) then even more power in the new KBM's compared to a standard shaped pad...possibly?

ill wait to try some. however the LGMs are amazing anyway, so this new material will have to be something special.

EDIT: i love the way kenny has his name engraved on his backings. awesome. plus extra weight saving :D:lol:

Gutted, i wish they had kenny engraved on the back, i'd buy another pair just for that:)

So the KBMs (Travis you name stealing b*****d :P ) all come with backings with "Beleay" engraved on them, or is that just Pro rider pimp'ness?

If thats the case i want to start a petition to get greenhalgh on the rears of lgm's!

lol