Interesting Facts

multi tasking male

if you feed a chicken popcorn seads then they exsplode because there stomach is hot and the pop corn pops in the heat , expands and blows them up :P so if you want to kill a chicken, give it pop corn seads lol

if you drink a pint of milk before you drink alchohol it stops you from being sick, it lines your stomach.

chris

if you drink a pint of milk before you drink alchohol it stops you from being sick, it lines your stomach.

chris

lolseads

Also, I'm pretty sure drinking milk does the total opposite? It curdles and leaves horrible solid milky shite floating round your belly, sounds like the kinda thing I DON'T want in there when I'm on the piss

Coca cola was initially a coca-wine.

The carbonated version was developed later.

When pepsi was produced, coke released a version of coke called Coke II, which turned out to be a flop because people who liked coke liked the original one.

Thus, coke II went out of production.

So, if anyone gets a coke II bottle or can GIVE IT TO ME.

;)

Im guessing the change in inertia at BDC as ignition is always after TDC :)

I can't be bothered to look this up properly, but I'm almost certain this is a lie.

The amount an animal sleeps is directly proportional to it's size. For example elephants only require around 4 hours sleep.

I can't be bothered to look this up properly, but I'm almost certain this is a lie.

Missed that, but yea, the ignition on most cars (all the cars I've ever worked on) is generally advanced so it sparks a few degrees before tdc.

Edited by Jolfa

The spark sparks before TDC and the mixture starts to burn, but it's set so that when the main "whomf" comes when the whole mixture ignites and "explodes", the piston has just gone over TDC, so the expansion sends the piston winging down the bore.

So in a way, you're both right, because the ignition process takes place as the piston comes close to, then goes over TDC.

This is how I've always understood it, may be wrong though...

The spark sparks before TDC and the mixture starts to burn, but it's set so that when the main "whomf" comes when the whole mixture ignites and "explodes", the piston has just gone over TDC, so the expansion sends the piston winging down the bore.

So in a way, you're both right, because the ignition process takes place as the piston comes close to, then goes over TDC.

This is how I've always understood it, may be wrong though...

You are right. The term 'ignition' tends to refer to the timing of the spark though, rather than the combustion its self which is the process you're describing.

The ignition it's self almost always happens before TDC, in some cases as much as 45 degrees before.

You are right. The term 'ignition' tends to refer to the timing of the spark though, rather than the combustion its self which is the process you're describing.

The ignition it's self almost always happens before TDC, in some cases as much as 45 degrees before.

Youre right, Im confusing the issue and meaning combustion rather than ignition :)

When we sleep, we go through 5 stages, one of which being REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. In this, a growth hormone is release which repairs our body.

Also why babies sleep more than an average person, because they need this hormone to....grow. :)

REM is also the state where we dream,

Edited by dann2707

I though there were only 4 stages, with deep sleep being the final one (stage 4). But it's been a while - Maybe there's 5 now?!

Yeah, it goes 1 (drowsiness), 2 (eye movement stops), 3 (slow brain waves), 4 (delta waves in this one, hard to wake) , 5 REM sleep (dream)

This is all helping me revise for my exam monday ha

I've just looked this up: REM sleep is considered a "lighter" pattern than NREM (non-REM sleep). Your brain activity (and hence rapid eye movements) are greatest because during REM you're almost awake again. When you go to sleep, you miss out REM, and go through the stages 1 - 4 of NREM. After 70-90 minutes, you have to come back up through the stages 4 to 1, and then enter REM sleep for 10-20 minutes, before dipping back down for another cycle.

image6.gif

I've just looked this up: REM sleep is considered a "lighter" pattern than NREM (non-REM sleep). Your brain activity (and hence rapid eye movements) are greatest because during REM you're almost awake again. When you go to sleep, you miss out REM, and go through the stages 1 - 4 of NREM. After 70-90 minutes, you have to come back up through the stages 4 to 1, and then enter REM sleep for 10-20 minutes, before dipping back down for another cycle.

image6.gif

Sorry, I wasn't describing the stages in order they actually happen. You were just wondering how many there were so I was listing them.