Interesting Facts

multi tasking male

Did you not think "Jeez, when I put it on 5 it takes a hell of a lot longer than 1"?

No but when I was younger I always used to put it on 5 and keep popping it up to see if it was ready, because I thought 5 was a power not a duration setting! hahaha

if you hold out both arms straight, one with a gun, and one holding a bullet. Then at the same time fired the gun and dropped the bullet, they would both hit the floor at exactly the same time.

cant remember if i read that fact, on tf, so my bad if i did.

<br />if you hold out both arms straight, one with  a gun, and one holding a bullet.  Then at the same time fired the gun and dropped the bullet, they would both hit the floor at exactly the same time.<br /><br />cant remember if i read that fact, on tf, so my bad if i did.<br />

Its true whatever the case.

Lower pressure in tyres offers a longer rolling time, do not ask me why, it was on the TV.

<br />if you hold out both arms straight, one with  a gun, and one holding a bullet.  Then at the same time fired the gun and dropped the bullet, they would both hit the floor at exactly the same time.<br /><br />cant remember if i read that fact, on tf, so my bad if i did.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

True, depends how big the gun is though, if it's big enough the curvature of the earth will balls up the results.

Pigeons see the word 12 times slower than we do. It's why the basterds always stay in the road right until the last minute before flying out of your way.

The strongest force on a car engine's conrod is not the force created by the combustion process.

if you hold out both arms straight, one with a gun, and one holding a bullet. Then at the same time fired the gun and dropped the bullet, they would both hit the floor at exactly the same time.

well, that's just physics.

It's obvious, that both bullets are affected by the gravitation so it will take them the same time to fall. It's only one thing about a fired bullet, that it has a horizontal speed that clearly does not affect the vertical speed in any way.

The distance from your left middle finger to your right middle finger (with your hands straight) is equal to your height.

The distance from your left middle finger to your right middle finger (with your hands straight) is equal to your height.

Roughly, but not always. My family has long arms, my Dad's armspan is actually 6'8", and he's just over 6 foot.

Im guessing the change in inertia at BDC as ignition is always after TDC

Close, it's actually the tension created overcoming its upwards inertia at TDC. The change of direction's more sudden than at BDC.

(PS, I knew someone would be interested by that fact, ;))

Also what's going on with quotes at the moment? they're all screwed up.

Edited by RobinJI

With regards to the bullet. A bullet that's being fired is going to stay horizontal. A bullet that's dropped is going not stay horizontal. Therefor the dropped bullet is going to hit the ground first due to it having less surface area.

<br />With regards to the bullet. A bullet that's being fired is going to stay horizontal. A bullet that's dropped is going not stay horizontal. Therefor the dropped bullet is going to hit the ground first due to it having less surface area.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

true, unless it's a round shot rather than a modern bullet. Plus depending on how tall you are there's a fair chance of it staying level when you drop it.

That's the ape index which is not always 1 by any stretch of the imagination. It's often used as a rough guide to rock climbing ability as a big ape index (long arms) will help you reach holds easier than someone with arms like a T-rex.