Born Ultimatum

Skorp

Most of the brakes we've received in our last few orders have had the 'new' cylinders with the 'old' levers. They've been phasing them in for a while.

Nice bike anyway dude - was interested to see how that frame would look built up, really liked it when they came in! 7.7kg seems surprisingly light for a fairly 'normal' build.

Not fancy loosing XX grams by cutting the steerer?..I need to do mine.

Offcourse :lol:

Just need to dial the bike in.. i am going to move the spacers around abit and try what best as im not used to the high bb rise..

well thats made me think wether i want one of these, a hydroxx of the slate 2!

That is one nice bike! does it feel flicky? and do you think it would be good for natural riding?

Feels very flicky! Might be because of the weight..

Think it would be the perfect natural bike..With other tyres :P

Rear tyre is shit..Snakebite without hitting the rim.. :sick:

Going to chop some knobs of, in hope that less knobs will grip better (N)

Thanks for the comments :turned:

Edited by Skorp

Rear tyre is shit..Snakebite without hitting the rim.. :sick:

I'm running the standard 2.4 mountain king as my front tyre and i dropped the bike over a 2 foot wall the other day onto grass and it got a 2 inch snakebite. Couldn't believe it! On grass of all things.

Bike looks lovely though.

I'm running the standard 2.4 mountain king as my front tyre and i dropped the bike over a 2 foot wall the other day onto grass and it got a 2 inch snakebite. Couldn't believe it! On grass of all things.

Bike looks lovely though.

Going to get some better tyres..Bet i ride better with 500-700g heavier tyres on there

Wow, do you have a halflink on your chain? or is it a standard chain you use? What chain is it? Did you have problems tensioning your chain or while building the bike?

And does it needs a brake booster?

Have a Trialtech Z610 chain.

No real problems with chain tension since it got horizontal dropouts!

Doesn't need a brake booster. The seatstays are butted, this means that the tubes are thicker at the maggie mounts, and makes the area alot stiffer :wub:

Going to get some better tyres..Bet i ride better with 500-700g heavier tyres on there

Have a Trialtech Z610 chain.

No real problems with chain tension since it got horizontal dropouts!

Doesn't need a brake booster. The seatstays are butted, this means that the tubes are thicker at the maggie mounts, and makes the area alot stiffer :wub:

Well since it has a perfect geo... That is rather interesting... Oooooh now I might consider that.

Do it, and give me your Neon frame for free please :P

The Born looks tidy dude, well played! Shame about the rear tyre though

I was just kidding, I like it but these dropouts are soooo... much!

And no welding between seat say and chainstay is a fail as well as no welding between top and down tube!

I love the neon right now. But I ordered something else...

7.7kg seems surprisingly light for a fairly 'normal' build.

Was going to say, considering the frame is the same weight as mine, the whole bike is 1100g lighter :o

Its all in the tyres though, my forks are pretty heavy aswell.

Looks nice though :)

Have you had a look at the schwalbe big betty? I've just been given a second hand one with part of the sidewall missing and it's really good for pinch protection. 2.4, gooey gluey compound and folding tyre type. weighs only 870g. It's sort of like 1.5 ply by comparison to something like a maxxis minion dual ply for pinch protection.

weighs only 870g.

Hehe, the tyre that i use now weigh 560g

A friend of mine is going to sell me his new Big Betty Gluey Guey..

Had one some years ago..The best tyre ever, Much better then the Rubber Queen, Tryall Stiky(1300g) Maxxis minion etc

Have you had a look at the schwalbe big betty? I've just been given a second hand one with part of the sidewall missing and it's really good for pinch protection. 2.4, gooey gluey compound and folding tyre type. weighs only 870g. It's sort of like 1.5 ply by comparison to something like a maxxis minion dual ply for pinch protection.

Chopped off some knobs in the middle of the tyre, and some sideknobs.

Saved 50g, and the tyre feels alot better! Can run a little higher pressure, and still have more grip :)

Did also tilt the bars abit forward compared to the pics, and now its abit better on the rear wheel and the cockpit does not feel soo small anymore :)

Edited by Skorp