Ryan Leech

JohnyMilton

Manifesto was the only video ive actually managed to watch of him without getting pissed off. the sooner he gets away from norco, the better. if he was on a tgs bike and actually moved away from the same old shit, he would be an even better rider...

what I like most about ryan leech, is how happy he always seems to be when he's riding or talking about trials.

there so much motivation and good attitude for our sport from him.

in comparaison most of the shit I read on this forum seem so boring and lame.

pretty much all the trials forum on the internet have turned shit these days...the more vids comes out, the more people complains about it

guys like him seems a lot more fresh to me than most of the stuff on here

I don't know what's worst about all this, young riders complaining about the lack of tgs bike or the older guys complaining about the lack of inspired bike and style

I agree the vid in itself wasn't "amazing", but that guy, in regards to our sport, is for sure. ;)

• Like 1

In Crux Thomas Ohler outshines Ryan tenfold... Never really liked Ryans style- as has been said above the apparent heaviness and whiplash drops just make a lot of his stuff seem amateurish. Something which his Manifesto style doesn't do much to help!

Also, non negative clown is crying inside.

No. effing. way. The Leech sections in Crux are some of the best ever captured and destroy Ohlers forced attempts to do it "manifesto style". Ohlers section is awesome, but there are too many bits where it just looks like he is doing something completely unnatural by not putting in an occasional hop.

The leech section on the beach/rocks is just beautiful and is almost completely my definition of what modern trials could be all about. Shit Im actually going to watch it right now....

The guys a legend - This video wasn't great in terms of new riding, and some of the stuff he says is sometimes a bit too spiritual for me, but he makes some pretty valid points about trials and creativity. End of the day - this video probably isnt about impressing a load of geeks on a forum ...

• Like 1

The thing you dont see in the non negative clown picture is that he is molesting a small child.

I've heard it's the only thing that turns a clowns frown, upside down.

as for the vid, too much jibberjabber as always from mr leech, but did enjoy the edit.

Edited by Rob Leech

what I like most about ryan leech, is how happy he always seems to be when he's riding or talking about trials.

there so much motivation and good attitude for our sport from him.

in comparaison most of the shit I read on this forum seem so boring and lame.

pretty much all the trials forum on the internet have turned shit these days...the more vids comes out, the more people complains about it

guys like him seems a lot more fresh to me than most of the stuff on here

I don't know what's worst about all this, young riders complaining about the lack of tgs bike or the older guys complaining about the lack of inspired bike and style

I agree the vid in itself wasn't "amazing", but that guy, in regards to our sport, is for sure. ;)

Agree with every point made here! It obviously wasn't a big effort put into the riding, but its good to here somebody looking at trials in a more mature and professional way. I was really interested in his comments despite the gay accent. And I bet non-riders would find that more interesting than either Damons mega TGS or Alis super technical brakeless skills

And I bet non-riders would find that more interesting...

I don't really see it as being a video likely to make people go 'Ooh, I want to do that!' though. I'm not saying Ali's or Damon's vids are either, just that it's a bit 'flat' for want of a better word.

Video filmed on a demo rig with the phrase "It's not limited to existing pattern, but open to spontenaiety and creativity" amused me though.

Odd, I always thought he was missing the fun. To me he always takes it too seriously, going into the meaning of life the universe and everything and how it's connected to his riding. I guess people find fun in different ways (look at TGS riders) and some people are more spiritual than others, just not my cup of tea really.

I just wish he'd go make a good old street vid with a canadian punk rock band soundtrack & show just how good he is.

I think making a living doing fairly tame demos (by his standards) has definitely slowed him down, he needs to just go and smash up the streets! I can't remember the last time I saw him go big & I'm his biggest fan, seems roughly about the time he changed his bike & made it more "modern" (longer)

I like what Jeff Lenosky has done, stayed riding in big vids like new world disorder & kept pushing himself & became a much more well rounded bike rider, bar spins, back flips (on the street) huge ramp assisted wall rides. Doing it all essentially on a giant dirt jump bike with twin discs & a bashguard.

I just wish he'd go make a good old street vid with a canadian punk rock band soundtrack & show just how good he is.

I think making a living doing fairly tame demos (by his standards) has definitely slowed him down, he needs to just go and smash up the streets! I can't remember the last time I saw him go big & I'm his biggest fan, seems roughly about the time he changed his bike & made it more "modern" (longer)

just watch crux, if that's not some big riding Im gonna bite my own dick

making trials demos for living, IMO he just living the dream...

and he does not have anything to prove to anyone, he was ripping the streets before any of us, and like a real man ;)

I definitely agree a beasty riding video needs to happen!

This short wasn't really about showing off riding, but a chance for a rider to express his views on his riding. Loads of people have trials as a sport or hobby as part of their lives, and work/play/rest outside of it, whereas there are people like Martyn, Ryan, Kenny, etc for who trials is their lives.

Looking back, my whole life has sprung from riding trials, all my interests, work, friends, and girlfriends have been because of becoming so absorbed by it.

I like what Jeff Lenosky has done, stayed riding in big vids like new world disorder & kept pushing himself & became a much more well rounded bike rider, bar spins, back flips (on the street) huge ramp assisted wall rides. Doing it all essentially on a giant dirt jump bike with twin discs & a bashguard.

There's the difference, I think. Instead of doing that and appearing in movies, Ryan's out there using his riding 'as a tool for contribution', and is in a sweet position to go out there and do what he wants to do. Not to mention schools are always super friendly to their 'stunt men' for the day - all the tea, biscuits and school lunches you can handle!

I've got crux, there is some big stuff yea but back in the day he just had no fear, everything was huge, whereas Jeff has kept it big well into his late 30's.

He was ripping the streets yea, I just wish he still was as I loved his older vids, just 1 adrenaline fuelled 3 minute street vid is all it'd take, revolution/evolve/contact style.

I haven't read through the whole topic 'cause I'm just taking 5mins out from last minute revision but my opinion;

Demo rig video on Ryans budget screams to me "Ryan, we haven't had a web bid for a while, knock one out please" .

I'm a massive fan of the guy, aside from him becoming a hippy. He's been a big part my trials life but I want to see something groundbreaking. I want wow.. this is meh.

Video filmed on a demo rig with the phrase "It's not limited to existing pattern, but open to spontaneity and creativity" amused me though.

OK granted, some of what he said was bullshit :P. I guess I just have always liked the idea of a decent voice over in a video, to make it connect with more people. I have really enjoyed the Danny Mac trailers for his new vid, because its not all about the riding. They have focused more on the whole experience and what it means to him which I find a lot more interesting.

Demo rig video on Ryans budget screams to me "Ryan, we haven't had a web bid for a while, knock one out please" .

I'm a massive fan of the guy, aside from him becoming a hippy. He's been a big part my trials life but I want to see something groundbreaking. I want wow.. this is meh.

Yeah I felt that, it was definitely a half arsed video compared to what Ryan is capable of.

quoted from OTN

There's some setup to this video that most people aren't aware of. The main purpose of it is to introduce his new demo setup. His facebook intro jokes about him getting just a little philosophical with his voice over. Everyone seems to be expecting more than what this video is supposed to be, and fair enough, I love the guy too, but this wasn't meant to be a video part like you are used to seeing.

The only thing I wish they showed a little better was his balance on the railing. I've seen his demos many times and what I like seeing most from him is when he rides out to the very end of the high railing, and balances for what seems like as long as he wants. It's pretty impressive. It's not something that really has any purpose, other than showing just how much bike control he has. The rest of his demo is all show. He really over emphasizes all his moves. Looks a bit funny to the main stream trials crowd, but he's not doing the demos to impress us. Balancing on the rail, while talking on the mic is impressive to me. The fall to the one side with the other railings can't be too fun.

I'd like to see the guy ride how he used to as much as the next guy. But truth is he seems to want to branch out and follow his own path, and really who am I, or anyone else for that matter to tell him not too. I'd love to tell him to stop and go back to doing really amazing manual lines, or some amazing balance lines. It's just not what he's into right now. And lets face it, for anyone critiquing him that has been riding for any length of time, are you still riding as often and with the same style that you used to years ago? Most likely not.

• Like 2

sorry to go back... but the whole Ali C being negative thing dosnt hurt anyone at all, its not negativity, its constructive criticism, if there was never anything bad to say there would never be anything to get better at (aka-progression) which I too dont think Leech has done much of the past few years. dont get me wrong though he is a great rider! and it is a smooth video.

I managed to watch about 1 minute of that.

He can ride a bike, that's for sure, but he was doing the same old stuff he does in nearly every video I have ever seen of him. I know it was just his rig but there is still scope for new material.

Why does he have to talk over every vid he does too? With the same type of music and same irritating voice as ever.

This is what I was thinking when I watched. Then I thought the vid could have been taken out of context. It's not like he posted it up and said 'hey guys this is my new video' it could be for anything.

But yeah, Ali C is negative so he can attract the positive, everyone knows that.

• 2 months later...

hes even funnier in person

Odd, I always thought he was missing the fun. To me he always takes it too seriously, going into the meaning of life the universe and everything and how it's connected to his riding. I guess people find fun in different ways (look at TGS riders) and some people are more spiritual than others, just not my cup of tea really.