Death Row Woman In Pakistan!

Boswell

At the end of the day, people in our country have to live by our laws, people in their country have to live by their laws, as absurd as they may be.

People say the laws in our country are too lax, to the point they cause unnecessary loss of life(killers/rapists being freed to kill again) on the flipside maybe their laws are too stringent, but that is unfortunately the way life is, I'm not going to comment on this law, as I dont understand religion or the significance it has to some people,and how no punishment can deter you from saying/doing what you believe in with regards to religion (stiffer sentences for Islamic extremists,wouldn't deter suicide bombers). However overly stringent laws in other countries such as losing a hand for shoplifting in saudi arabia,I bet you kids over there dont go robbing claire's accessories for earrings, and likewise when you have got so many million devout followers of a religion,giving stiff sentences to those found guilty of going against the religion, may infact be not because of people with extreme views in power, but may come as a rational decision so as to stop more people going against the religion,not for the good of the religion or to persecute followers of other religions, but to reduce civil uprising/vigilante attacks on all christians in pakistan by opposing religions.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, people in our country have to live by our laws, people in their country have to live by their laws, as absurd as they may be.

People say the laws in our country are too lax, to the point they cause unnecessary loss of life(killers/rapists being freed to kill again) on the flipside maybe their laws are too stringent, but that is unfortunately the way life is, I'm not going to comment on this law, as I dont understand religion or the significance it has to some people,and how no punishment can deter you from saying/doing what you believe in with regards to religion (stiffer sentences for Islamic extremists,wouldn't deter suicide bombers). However overly stringent laws in other countries such as losing a hand for shoplifting in saudi arabia,I bet you kids over there dont go robbing claire's accessories for earrings, and likewise when you have got so many million devout followers of a religion,giving stiff sentences to those found guilty of going against the religion, may infact be not because of people with extreme views in power, but may come as a rational decision so as to stop more people going against the religion,not for the good of the religion or to persecute followers of other religions, but to reduce civil uprising/vigilante attacks on all christians in pakistan by opposing religions.

This is a good point to consider in this case, nice one

This is a good point to consider in this case, nice one

I by no means agree with the idea of whats happening to the woman(but then i largely disagree with religion)

But if religion is powerful enough to make someone who is well educated, with a largely science and biology based education(to the extent where youd think theyd be open minded enough to consider evolution over god, not believe in it, but at least grasp that their view may not be the correct one) whose job it is to save lives,and another with a phd in engineering can be driven to the point of willing to die, by indiscriminately attacking passengers at an airport with a carbomb, many of whom had no religion at all, as opposed to a belief which disagreed with their own.

Then i view it as rather likely,that people with less education, who have seen less of the world, and been educated by people who held the same beliefs as them, would quite happily attack or kill christian aid workers who are entering their country if they wer too cause any unrest. And the women in this story, was clearly adding fuel to the fire, her actions do not in anyway deserve the punishment she is getting,but I can see reasoning behind why its happening, other than that of the country being run by extremists who wont hear a bad word against their religion.

• Like 1

I ronically it was a bunch whose religion was mostly based on Christianity and Judaism

To add to this, hitler was christian, although people debate whether he was a catholic or not(since he paid church tax to the catholic church, but also followed bits of protestant life). Religious extremists aint a new thing, couple of thousand years ago, some jews nailed a young christian man to some wood.

To add to this, hitler was christian, although people debate whether he was a catholic or not(since he paid church tax to the catholic church, but also followed bits of protestant life). Religious extremists aint a new thing, couple of thousand years ago, some jews nailed a young christian man to some wood.

Please excuse my being a pedant but I say in case you're interested in dispelling a common myth. It was actually the Romans that nailed Jesus (the Jew) to a cross for political reasons. Although Jewish pressure clearly played an important role in this.

Edited by Ben Rowlands

Please excuse my being a pedant but I say in case you're interested in dispelling a common myth. It was actually the Romans that nailed Jesus (the Jew) to a cross for political reasons. Although Jewish pressure clearly played an important role in this.

I think the Jewish hierarchy played a massive role in this.

If Jesus was going round saying he was the son of god even if he was saying we are all the children of god as well, his building popularity was causing concern of destabilization of those in power amongst the Jewish rather than the roman camp.

Generally if those in power are concerned about destabilization of their power they tend to use that power to neutralize the concern.

Also wasn't Jesus arrested by Jewish heavies and handed to the Romans? At the time I believe the romans were more concerned that the Jews were not controlling their section of society and told them to do something about it so they used Jesus as a scapegoat maybe?

Who knows what the f**k happened really it is always those in power that write 'history' killing people is not the answer.

The book of Genesis might disagree with you there.

Whereas the New Testament often says something different. The message of Christ was often that of love. Religion is a complex socio-historical-mystical-etc. phenonemena which can't be pinned down into one type of thing except possibly in a mystical sense, to some degree. This is also true within religions beyond the differences between them.

And Matt, I forgot to hit reply to your post. I can't remember specifics but I'd be wary about the exact extent to which Jews played a role in the death of Jesus and certainly in the manner of death. I'd like to say I can remember the specifics but I had a lecture on this subject and there are some alternative views on the matter. In no way are Jews exempted but it's not same as the story that's arisen from our Christian background.