Bodge-Jobs You've Done.

Laurence--Trials

my rear rim...singlewalled, and i made holes squared, my front rim polisher ( was black) and front hub with hole, my magura 04 lewer i did from aluminium

That's not a bodge.

Dunno about foreigners but pretty much everyone you'll meet in England has done something like that to their bike, we're too poor :P

I'm curious though, what rear rim is that?

Edited by JMCD

I put tie wraps, elastic bands and fragile tape around the clamp on my stem because it is cracked in 2 places so I got scared of cracking my face.

img2012111900212.th.jpg

img2012111800209.th.jpg

Umm what... That's not gonna do anything pfft.

Like saying I put a sticker on the frame to fix a snap.

Umm what... That's not gonna do anything pfft.

Like saying I put a sticker on the frame to fix a snap.

The stem wasnt completely broken and it was like an hour into a ride yesterday. I just didnt want the whole thing to go when i did a gap or something. Even if it didnt salvage my face, i wanted to save my hose and cable because i hate setting up brakes...

yesterday i fixed a shimano m475 hub with white spirits, wd 40 and grease :D (the springs would stick and slip) now it works fine its just a bit louder and sounds gritty

WD stands for water displacement, if you've used it on the freewheel mechanism you'll have cleared all the lubrication away,

when you use grease it attracts dirt, crap etc.

you're going to knacker it shortly because you did this, you should have used gt 85 to flush out the crap instead of wd40.

WD stands for water displacement, if you've used it on the freewheel mechanism you'll have cleared all the lubrication away,

when you use grease it attracts dirt, crap etc.

you're going to knacker it shortly because you did this, you should have used gt 85 to flush out the crap instead of wd40.

So many people think wd40 is the answer to everything...

• Like 1

Not trials related but I've made myself a dropper seatpost for my normal MTB. Wasn't willing to pay ~£300 for a 100mm fully adjustable post or ~£120 for a 90mm travel with a couple of position options so spent about £20 and made my own with about 150mm of travel. So far works pretty well.

Not trials related but I've made myself a dropper seatpost for my normal MTB. Wasn't willing to pay ~£300 for a 100mm fully adjustable post or ~£120 for a 90mm travel with a couple of position options so spent about £20 and made my own with about 150mm of travel. So far works pretty well.

Pictures?