Monty M5 Price Bets

aener

89 members have voted

1. 1.

• M5 will be cheaper than the Sky 2
    • M5 will be more expensive than the Sky 2

Some extra information:

- The bike have the option to mount full maggie, integrated clamps in the fork.

- The geo is not public yet.

- Monty said that last years they didn't develop to much their kamel because they have been working in this M5. excuses.. :giggle:

- look the cranks. Seems a little bit dangerous, having in mind that nowadays the cranks of monty are lot weak, imagine that ones...scary...

Anyway, the bike is sooooo beautiful, waiting for stock ones... :lol:

More photos:

p4pb7074227.jpg

p4pb7074220.jpg

p4pb7074218.jpg

p4pb7074229.jpg

In this other photo you can see the integrated protection of the frame, in carbon of course, and replaceable :

p4pb7074222.jpg

Edited by 315r

Im guessing £1799, if not more. I worked out how much try-all are charging per gram for carbon on their bars and they charge £1.80 per gram. Which im guessing that the frame will be sub 1kg which works out £1650 and they will also charge for laybor.

But i wouldnt be surprised if it did cost £2000 as adam said because at the end of the day he decides the prices of everything...

Im guessing £1799, if not more. I worked out how much try-all are charging per gram for carbon on their bars and they charge £1.80 per gram. Which im guessing that the frame will be sub 1kg which works out £1650 and they will also charge for laybor.

But i wouldnt be surprised if it did cost £2000 as adam said because at the end of the day he decides the prices of everything...

Yes your rite adam is GOD!

• Like 1

May be cheaper than you think.

Once tooling sorted its quite easy to produce a frame.

After all there is a lot of labour in an alu frame with tube preperation and welding etc.

Monty do a carbon framed MTB with good kit at a reasonable price.

I reckon it will be less than £1000 for the frame.

• 10 months later...

I was always amazed by how high some of you were expecting...

Turns out you were a little to cynical!

http://www.monty.com.es/images/ComunicadooficialM5E.jpg

2,500 euros (£1,970) for dual mag.

2,800 euros (£2,206) for dual disc.

1,600 euros (£1,260) for frameset (frame, forks and bars).

For saying it's the first carbon frame to be on the retail market, I think that's pretty reasonable.

Especially when saying the Sky2 mod is very nearly £2,000.

As for the frame itself... If you assume the carbon forks are similarly priced to the Koxx Karbons (£300) and the bars somewhere around the others on the market (~£120), the frame works out at somewhere around £840.

I think that's not actually overpriced.

Certainly room for it to come down when other companies move to rival it though - much as the Sky2 has gone from £729 at the time of making this thread (<1 year ago) to £599 at current.

the frames i believe have to be hand made from mouldings etc, i don't think a machine would be able to create the chainstay so these are pretty good prices, if there correct that is, carbon will last a while, my uncle races a scott genius carbon, has had some falls etc, seems quite good, me and my dad were sceptical as to wether it would hold up as i was crbon, bought it new in 2010 i believe its still going strong having been to spain twice and a few other places :)

preety impresive

from what i've read about carbon bikes, and through discussions with some engineering friends i'd image the bashplate is connected to the BB, as a metal insert is used for the BB shell, this could be extended to make up part of the downtube an chain stays, que bad diagram: the blue is chainstay, the red is BB yoke, the green is downtube, if its all one piece then landing on the bash would be just the same as landing on the crank/bash ring...

post-7977-0-66417200-1342020561_thumb.pn

Run kenda small blocks 1.95 up front, the new monty tyre on the rear and it'll drop it by 500g surely.

Just checked tarty and the new tyres are out! 371g front 787 rear?!

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/19_inch_tyres/monty_eagle_claw_pro_race_rear_19_inch/c519p11894.html

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/20_inch_tyres/monty_eagle_claw_pro_race_front_20_inch/c42p11895.html

The front tyre is ridiculous.

Also, the Euro-£ conversion rate doesn't necessarily reflect what the price will actually be once they get to the UK, although it should be pretty close to that (an example being the Monty tyres which cost a bit less in Spain than they do in the UK).