Reason To Be 5, Teaser 1

F.N.G

they are very good riders for sure, but there is something about them that doesn't seem "right"

I've thought that about their other videos, not so much this trailer though. I know I'm not a fan of adding tailwhips in all the time, takes away from the smoothness.

i want more any more details on when its out and price?

It's just going to be an internet video like the other ones, isn't it?

Good riders but it kind of looks like they are trying too hard to ride stuff fast and not really concentrating on the smoothness, ballsy riding but some of it looked abit twitchy. Not a fan of the Dubstep or whatever you call that music either, hopefully it won't be in the full length one.

I think he's getting at the fact these two do a lot of foot jam whips (and I mean a lot!). In my eyes, that's one of Danny's signature moves and that's the reason I don't really want to learn them.

It seems a lot of riders who go and get a 24" and ride street don't really "get" it, it is about expressing yourself. Doing exactly the same stuff as other people seems to be missing the point a little.

I am willing to eat humble pie if the dvd is actually pretty good though.

I liked it. But I hadn't seen Macaskill's videos until recently, so I guess I don't see him as the original or anything. I'm not very good at picking riders out, I just kinda see everything as one style. This is 24" street to me I guess, as opposed to watching Watson do TGS or whatever.

I look at everything differently anyway now, I used to see it all as a competition, I'm way more chilled now. I just see it as, like you said, people expressing themselves via bike.

That "expression" is what I think these guys seem to lack. To me it's like they have seen what Danny does, make a check-list then go out and cross them off.

I know it's hard to come up with all new stuff, and that's why Danny is one of the best because he came up with some unique stuff (or at least took some older stuff to bigger extremes). I take a lot of influence from bmx vids as there is plenty of stuff they do that can cross over. I always think fewer tricks but done with more flow will always look better, and that's probably why I really like riders like Chase Hawk over people like Mark Webb.

Yeah I know what you mean, I love a video that flows together well, that's kinda why I hate TGS, it seems to stuttery and unnatural. I agree with the "new material" as it were, I'd much rather watch someone do smaller things or whatever, but in a way I've never seen. Watching someone who's doing things differently, makes me think differently, it's quality when I think while watching a video "Oh if I was as good as them I'd do this or that in that same spot", especially when it's something I've not seen.

As far as I know, this isn't going to be a DVD, but another web video like Reasons To Be 1-4.

It says 'movie' in the credits?, I'm confused.

But you have got to admit, that last Switzerland Squeaker to tailwhip looked awsome

Edited by F.N.G

Picking up on what Ali C was saying, There isn't any science behind this but i'm sure that the best vids are when people are just out there having fun as opposed to feeling pressured to nail a big lines. I'm fairly sure this is something that comes with getting a bit older-you really just start not caring what others think of your riding.

Edited by super

Danny Macaskill, couldn't care less what the forum 'haters' thought

...not least because he doesn't use the forum?

The thing that still sets Danny's videos apart from everyone elses for me is not just the level of riding, but what Danny rides on and how he does it. 24"ers are incredibly versatile and you can ride them on so much varied terrain but very few people do. If you look at Way Back Home (and even the April '09 video to a certain extent), there's a bunch of pretty unusual/different spots in it which then lead on to coming up with new lines/links. Apart from a token tree ride here and there, it seems like most of the Triboulat videos are just "Let's find a bunch of drops", then ticking off the 'Danny Mac tricklist' down them (or just doing footjam whips on flat?). I'm not really keen on their style at all, but they're clearly not bad at riding. It just seems a bit of a waste that they don't use that ability to try and come up with something new or different. Without doing that it's pretty much just TGS but with a different trio of moves.

I know everyone's saying that Danny's just doing 'the same old stuff' but for the most part that's caused by a pretty hectic schedule of having to jet about the place the whole time filming for this, that and the other. Because of that there can't really be much time to spend on just going out and trying to come up with and learn new bits and pieces. The Triboulat brothers, on the other hand, don't really have that same issue so I don't get why they don't make the most of it by trying to do things differently.