Wip S-26

casualjoe

Cheers guys!!

Not sure of the weight, it has pretty standard trial bike spec apart from a slimmer back rim and tyre.

i strongly suggest you make/buy some inserts for those dropouts, or they WILL get ruined!

These dropouts are a bit simpler than the Leeson ones, I have to pry the rear triangles apart to get the wheel out, which was tricky at the start.

They could still get ruined though I have no idea yet laugh.gif

They could still get ruined though I have no idea yet

They're gonna get crushed the first time you land something wrong. Just look at Rainbird's S-24, or anyone who's run a Leeson without (Fatpants...)

Won't be any hassle for someone with a lathe to make you some, get it done before you ruin the frame on the first ride :)

Yeah, my frame is on its way back to Pete for a refund now as it unfortunately didn't match up to the claims.

Rode nicely and in general wasn't too badly put together, but had some issues with the finishing details like the dropouts collapsing in on themselves at the sight of a wooden rail, and the brake bosses and mounts being different threads so they pulled straight out :(

Get some inserts made up for those dropouts and you should get on just fine though dude, certainly looks the part (Y)

I agree it looks like it needs a seat. Not sure if its what you wanted but the top tube looks far too high, would like to look towards a bike from pete maself in future (unless I can grab a sponsor :lol: ) so like to see what he can do. Had a brief look at one of his bikes at the first british cup round and the workmanship did look top notch!

Yeah unless someone got a pic on the roadtrip there won't be any I'm afraid - basically the bottom of the dropout folded itself up to the extent that it required bending back to get an allen key into the bolt head, let alone remove the bolt...

Have these frames been released, or are they still in the testing stage? As I havn't seen them for sale anywhere?

Edited by JohnyMilton